Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
I just did this but it doesn't bring any identifiable cases just an article about the met opening an investigation. Has anyone been prosecuted as a result of this investigation? Should you be banned from a political party for saying something offensive that isn't illegal, how far do we take this?

I don't like to base what I think on quotes by other people, I like to look at what has happened. A number of people who associate themselves with the Labour party have said bad things on twitter - that much is provable. If political parties gain a taste for banning everyone who says something offensive online then none of them will have any members left. In addition to this I can well believe that certain local Labour party meetings are unbalanced in their fixation on Israel (I have heard this first hand) and that this would make it is a pretty uncomfortable place for a Jewish person to put forward their views. Having said that, the chair of Momentum is Jewish and seems to find that organisation a pretty decent place to put forward his views.
The chair of Luciana Berger's local constituency party in Liverpool is Jewish and she was elected as the MP there three times in a row. So hardly a case of antisemitism against her. They wanted her out for her disloyalty to the leadership of the Labour Party. It's hardly surprising as she is the ex-girlfriend of Tony Blair's son, Euan Blair and was parachuted into the seat by his father. Luciana first started to complain about aniti-semitism way back when she was a university student, ever since then she has learned to weaponise it for political purposes.

Anti-Semitism calls about Labour have nothing to do with Jeremy Corbyn, as they first started the day after the former Labour Leader, Ed Miliband declared that he was all in favour of a Palestinian State and Palestinian Statehood. Corbyn had been calling for a Palestinian State for years before that and nobody took any notice of him. But the thought of having a real lefty running the Labour Party has sent the right wing and the media into a complete meltdown, hence the weaponisation of AS.

Following a year of investigations 18 people have been excluded from the Labour Party, from a total membership (including the Trade Unions) of 750,000. So some 99.99% of the total membership are not anti-Semitic unless you start to count support for a Palestinian State or criticism of apartheid and oppression as somehow being anti-Semitic.

Of the 1,200 complaints that were received some 252 came from one MP alone, Margaret Hodge. Her complaints were found to consist of 90% against individuals who had no connection at all with the Labour Party, who were not members and had never been members of the Labour Party.