+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is first time I've really criticised Neil

This is first time I've really criticised Neil

But tonight the tactics and team selection were inexcusable.

Re: This is first time I've really criticised Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    There are going to be a few captain hindsight's on tonight so good to get it in early

I thought we had a decent first half vs a good side

Second half the wheels have come off

Pretty simple and no need for everyone to lose their shit

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    There are going to be a few captain hindsight's on tonight so good to get it in early

I thought we had a decent first half vs a good side

Second half the wheels have come off

Pretty simple and no need for everyone to lose their shit
    You serious? Some good moments maybe but first half was a mess.

I'd love to know why Gunnarsson was dropped and Morrison was put back in straight away.

We were a shambles and made Watford look like Man City. They didn't really need to try.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    I'd love to know why Gunnarsson was dropped and Morrison was put back in straight away.

We were a shambles and made Watford look like Man City. They didn't really need to try.
    our midfield was fragmented, disorganised and all over the place

I'd love to know why Gunnarsson was dropped and Morrison was put back in the team
    My thoughts. Just play the same side as in previous games.

That was flat as feck and to say “ the wheels came off” is about as redundant as it comes.

You serious? Some good moments maybe but first half was a mess.
    The difference between the sides was significantly bigger at their place than in the first half tonight, I was pleasantly surprised that they weren't cutting us to ribbons every 30 seconds. Maybe my standards are a bit low but it's better being like that than some of these guys in the match thread who sound like they are ready to behead our Neil.

The problem is Morrison has been brought back there and is no way in this world that Warnock is going to drop his "Captain Fantastic", I mean, that would look like he got it wrong, wouldn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    My thoughts. Just play the same side as in previous games.

That was flat as feck and to say “ the wheels came off” is about as redundant as it comes.
    That is the biggest cliche of the lot. Loads more goes into picking a side than 'well they won last week against those other guys'...

I'm with you here. First time I can criticise Warnock this season. Maybe he took his eye off the ball, with Sala's funeral in Argentina last Saturday? Maybe I'm looking for excuses for him? We looked very poor and disjointed in midfield. Even if we had had that definite penalty, I think we still would have lost. Watford always looked dangerous on the break.

That is the biggest cliche of the lot. Loads more goes into picking a side than 'well they won last week against those other guys'...
    Obviously

If Gunnar and Bobby weren't injured tonight then there is no reason not to start either of them. We had zero defensive responsibility in the middle and Watford took the piss.

I don’t know why he made all those changes we just had a week off. And please Neil stop man marking against decent sides I couldn’t make out who was playing where if someone asked where Bamba played I’d have to say I think he played LB. we move on to the next game but Neil has to take this on the chin imo the defence was diabolical and Niasse you can have a day off tomorrow you earned it

Has to be because there’s another game Tuesday. Watford were as good tonight as they were at their place. Other than Man City they’re the best footballing side we’ve played all season in my opinion. Tore us apart at will

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    I'm with you here. First time I can criticise Warnock this season. Maybe he took his eye off the ball, with Sala's funeral in Argentina last Saturday? Maybe I'm looking for excuses for him? We looked very poor and disjointed in midfield. Even if we had had that definite penalty, I think we still would have lost. Watford always looked dangerous on the break.
    We know the players were given a lot of time off since the last game.

I have to wonder what they've actually been doing. Never seen us react like that to conceding before under Neil. Call it as I see it- unacceptable.

I think people over think the game too much. We made a decent start to the 2nd half the 2 goals from 2 mistakes killed the game and made the rest a non event.

It's better to hope the players will be more switched onto that now.
    I do think Warnock changes it too much between games and that's probably because there's not a massive difference between all the players. If you asked 100 city fans to name our strongest 11 there would be probably 90 different teams with only Etheridge in every single one.

Hopefully we can be more resolute against Everton

thoroughly disappointing but has been stated Watford one of the best sides outside the top 6 . the movement off the ball was sublime not too many teams would have touched them tonight they were on fire . like everyone else I want to blame Warnock and the players but sometimes you have to put your hands up and admit it was men against boys tonight . let's hope we can bounce back against the scousers next week .

Change a defence that has been largely solid over the last few games. I’d be glad for you to enlighten me with your superior tactical understanding on that one.

Morrison was shambolic tonight. He should never have been brought straight back into the team. Defence recently has been quite solid so why disrupt it.

Strange to drop Reid, he’s looked good oflate

Quote Originally Posted by Watamistakatomaka View Post
    Morrison was shambolic tonight. He should never have been brought straight back into the team. Defence recently has been quite solid so why disrupt it.
    Strange decision......we had some momentum too

Quote Originally Posted by Watamistakatomaka View Post
    Agreed, was surprised and disappointed to see Morrison in the starting line up after so many weeks out and because we've looked decent at the back without him.

Don't know why Bobby Reid was dropped either ?

Lineup was a bit strange to say the least, almost surprising as Morrison starting. I think that experiment will be put in the bin, as whatever it was, didn't work. Win tuesday and all is forgiven.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    thoroughly disappointing but has been stated Watford one of the best sides outside the top 6 . the movement off the ball was sublime not too many teams would have touched them tonight they were on fire . like everyone else I want to blame Warnock and the players but sometimes you have to put your hands up and admit it was men against boys tonight . let's hope we can bounce back against the scousers next week .
    Yeah, agreed Mozzer. They looked really against us (last 10 mns aside) at Vicarage too. (Not acknowledged by some on here). Very good side.

....our goal difference is shafted now as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    If you asked 100 city fans to name our strongest 11 there would be probably 90 different teams with only Etheridge in every one.
    From listening to ccpi, bbr and reading this forum, I get the impression that a large majority would have a Bamba/Manga central defensive partnership.

Most would probably have Bennett at left back.

We don’t have a quality right back. So who knows.

Most would continue with Niasse up front.

Midfield would be mixed but I’d imagine Patterson, Reid, Camarasa, Gunnarsson , Murphy or Arter would be in most people’s teams.

I don’t think it’s as wide open as you make out. Feel free to correct me.