+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So much wrong with City's performance tonight, but for me, one thing stands out..

So much wrong with City's performance tonight, but for me, one thing stands out..

why oh why did Morrison come back into the side ? Last two games looked so tight at the back. Tonight looked a complete mess...

Re: So much wrong with City's performance tonight, but for me, one thing stands out..

Think a lot of us are wondering the same.

Re: So much wrong with City's performance tonight, but for me, one thing stands out..

I wonder if Neil has the stones to drop him for the Everton match.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I wonder if Neil has the stones to drop him for the Everton match.
    Spoiler: He doesn't

Not much alternative - Peltier out injured, so had to change defence.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Do you just wait for a poor result, so that you can have a good moan about the team and manager ? In case you hadnt noticed, we won the last two games and played well. No time to ‘jump ship’ now.

Did any of his long throw-ins beat the first defender?

Morrison was woeful, his distribution was dire. Needs to be dropped for Tuesday

Stick Bacuna at right back and Manga back in the middle. Also give Murphy the week off.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Not much alternative - Peltier out injured, so had to change defence.
    How do you know Peltier is injured? I don't think Warnock mentioned it in his press conference yesterday.

For me another thing stands out. Several actually. Why do Etheridge get instructions to hit it long every time he is on the ball? Just makes the team chase it so much more, Why does Patterson start every game? Why oh why oh why do Warnock sub our only threat players? Like for like, but not adding anything. Time to go, me thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmother View Post
    For me another thing stands out. Several actually. Why do Etheridge get instructions to hit it long every time he is on the ball? Just makes the team chase it so much more, Why does Patterson start every game? Why oh why oh why do Warnock sub our only threat players? Like for like, but not adding anything. Time to go, me thinks.
    Midfield obviously wasn't working so Warnocks solution was to change the front 3 and move his lovechild into midfield.

Do you just wait for a poor result, so that you can have a good moan about the team and manager ? In case you hadnt noticed, we won the last two games and played well. No time to ‘jump ship’ now.
    So I'm not allowed to be critical after watching us ship 5 goals at home to Watford? After the same mistakes were made yet AGAIN?

Neil has his favourites, Morrison is one of them. He won't drop him like he won't drop Paterson. I'll be on here praising him if we beat Everton on Tuesday so don't worry your head, until that happens I will be critical of his shocking selection and tactics tonight

So I'm not allowed to be critical after watching us ship 5 goals at home to Watford? After the same mistakes were made yet AGAIN?

Neil has his favourites, Morrison is one of them. He won't drop him like he won't drop Paterson. I'll be on here praising him if we beat Everton on Tuesday so don't worry your head, until that happens I will be critical of his shocking selection and tactics tonight
    Agreed, he is stubborn, and unfortunately he definitely won't drop Morrison, even though he really should. Especially if Peltier is fit on tuesday (cannot believe I am typing that). However Patterson... he's just unconventional, he's played a big role in most of our wins. So whilst he does generally look a bit naff, I think it just works with him starting for whatever reason, and clearly Gunnar with that infographic in the other thread. Morrison however, we won two back to back in our most solid defensive run of the season, and played well against Arsenal without him, he can be replaced within the side. Surely, SURELY, Warnock can see that. It's not hard, Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Agreed, he is stubborn, and unfortunately he definitely won't drop Morrison, even though he really should. Especially if Peltier is fit on tuesday (cannot believe I am typing that). However Patterson... he's just unconventional, he's played a big role in most of our wins. So whilst he does generally look a bit naff, I think it just works with him starting for whatever reason, and clearly Gunnar with that infographic in the other thread. Morrison however, we won two back to back in our most solid defensive run of the season, and played well against Arsenal without him, he can be replaced within the side. Surely, SURELY, Warnock can see that. It's not hard, Neil.
    Yeah I see your point with Paterson.

I think Warnock has to see that Morrison is a liability after today, but I don't have any faith in him to change it. Dropping Reid was odd, as was Peltier and Gunnar (barring any injuries of course). All three of these need to start against Everton, big decision for Neil to make

Mistakes for the first 3 goals. You can of course debate team selection and tactics but if we’re as sloppy as that against a decent PL side we’re toast whoever we put out there.

Yeah I see your point with Paterson.

I think Warnock has to see that Morrison is a liability after today, but I don't have any faith in him to change it. Dropping Reid was odd, as was Peltier and Gunnar (barring any injuries of course). All three of these need to start against Everton, big decision for Neil to make
    If he doesn't then I will like to know what Morrison has against him. Peltier must have been injured seeing as he wasn't in the squad. Hope he is back, with the other two like you said. Zohore will also come in.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Mistakes for the first 3 goals. You can of course debate team selection and tactics but if we’re as sloppy as that against a decent PL side we’re toast whoever we put out there.
    I was just about to post the same thing. Our tactics were poor and Watford were clearly the better team, but I'm not sure what Warnock is supposed to do when we concede goals like that.

All the good work over the last 3 games was undone tonight. I really think the break counted against us, affecting not just the players but the management.
    Hopefully this will serve as a kick up the arse and we will play much better v Everton. We could hardly play worse.

‪Warnock messed up big time accomodating Morrison , should never have changed the team that won two on the bounce , will he have the bollocks to drop him on Tuesday? based on what he said previous ,” if he’s fit he’s in my side !!!‬”

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    How do you know Peltier is injured? I don't think Warnock mentioned it in his press conference yesterday.
    Where was he then ? Not even in the squad and neither was Camarasa. He basically had to play Morrison because there was little alternative.

With Peltier out, who was he supposed to select - Cunningham at right back ? Paterson played ok as well. Too many mistakes by players tonight but move on. Your opening statement that was Warnock should go - I was merely pointing out that is a total over reaction especially bearing in mind what has happened in the last few weeks and the performance/results against Bournemouth and Southampton, which you appeared quite happy to disregard.

Heisenberg

With Peltier out, who was he supposed to select - Cunningham at right back ? Paterson played ok as well. Too many mistakes by players tonight but move on. Your opening statement that was Warnock should go - I was merely pointing out that is a total over reaction especially bearing in mind what has happened in the last few weeks and the performance/results against Bournemouth and Southampton, which you appeared quite happy to disregard.
    F**king hell... I've just been catching up on threads to find myself agreeing with you... Again! That's twice in a week... I need to go and lie down.

I thought Bacuna was a wing back? That's what Neil said when he signed him. Why not play him at wing back (a system that's won us the game vs Southampton and had us performing well against Arsenal), have Morrison (seen as he's so insistent on playing him), Bamba and Manga at the back and play Gunnar in the middle with Ralls and Arter?

Not sure what the Sala events have to do with anything, is that going to be the argument thrown at people who criticise crap performances? I applauded the club, Neil and the players during the Bournemouth game (I can't remember if I came on here after Southampton, you'd have to check my post history), so what else do you want me to do? Go around every day reminiscing about how brilliant we were? You know that's crazy talk.

The Warnock statement was crass I do regret it, very reactionary on my behalf as I consider him our best manager ever. But it doesn't excuse the baffling selection and his constant need to play man to man marking leaving us dragged all over the shop, especially against teams like Watford who are brilliant on the ball, they did the same to us at Vicarage Road too.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmother View Post
    If one has to be brutally honest, he is only there for sentimental reasons. We should have made big changes when we got promoted, but I can live with the decision as Warnock was mainly responsible for getting us up against all the odds. From a purely business point of view, a new manager should have been brought in to deal with the new Premiership scenario. BTW, this isn't a knee-jerk reaction, I made the same point at the end of last season.