+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: That penalty call

Re: That penalty call

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Indeed, but Warnock is far and away the most extreme example, isn't he?
    No I wouldn't say he is the worst , in my view ,Jose clearly was top of the pile along with many other high profile manager's, in particular the Italians and Spanish managers and players.

Allardyce Mark Hughes Klopp Jose Dyche.

Can u imagine Fergussons reaction if that had not been given at Old Trafford.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Allardyce Mark Hughes Klopp Jose Dyche.

Can u imagine Fergussons reaction if that had not been given at Old Trafford.
    Probably the same as if it had been given to the opposition.

I hadnt realised that is was the ref's first prem game. That explains the reasons he didnt give the penalty. He was frightened to make such a big decision so early on in his prem career. Easier to ignore for him.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    I hadnt realised that is was the ref's first prem game. That explains the reasons he didnt give the penalty. He was frightened to make such a big decision so early on in his prem career. Easier to ignore for him.
    He had already bottled the red card.

Hard not to feel sorry for him. Working for many years im sure to get to that level and then performing as bad as that- meaning he probably won't ever get a premier league game again.

Obviously nowhere near up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    It wasn't his first Premier League game.

People have short memories - He's done several this season including our victory at Leicester.

Would love him to explain how this was a penalty

https://youtu.be/jimlm5AnR-I

...and last night's wasn't

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Definite penalty as far as I'm concerned. 100%. However, Warnock's reaction was completely over the top as usual. As I recall, he wasn't quite so critical of the referees when Southampton had two clear penalties waved away in December and Huddersfield had one turned down in January.
    Yes i cant believe warnock was not screaming at the 4th official asking for Huddersfield to have a penalty against his side.

Most other managers would after all.

Warnock had every right to be aggrieved but as per usual he goes massively over the top to deflect from his and his own teams failings.

He reckoned he’s never seen a set a players so incensed at half time at the injustice. Pull the other one, it’s not the first really bad call he would have had in 100 years of management.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    He's part of a fairly large group of managers who are bad for it. Not far and away the most extreme, that's very hyperbolic.

It would be quicker to name the managers who are even handed when it comes to talking about pelanty calls their teams get away with. We can start with
    I said to the guy next to me”any top 8 side would have been awarded that penalty”.
    It is very difficult for lower teams to get the rub of the green