+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: January signings - Niasse and Bacuna

January signings - Niasse and Bacuna

Niasse is quick.

That's it.

Poor control and seems to lose what little football sense he has the nearer he gets to goal. Deeney provided an end product - which is what we required of our striker.

Bacuna. I used to rate him in his Villa days. Although he seemed to man-marking the No 37, he was poor and anonymous. I can only think he played to give Gunnars a rest for Tuesday.

Our January buys are truly pathetic. Players no-one else wanted and were available for that reason only.

Re: January signings - Niasse and Bacuna

.Thats unfair on niasse. He did well and caused problems last night. Wasn't his fault nobody was within 50 yards of him often leaving him with 5 people in a circle round him!

Any striker would struggle for us. Deeney was great for them, but hes got pace and quality all around him. Hed be nowhere near as effective for us as an isolated front man.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Niasse is quick.

That's it.

Poor control and seems to lose what little football sense he has the nearer he gets to goal. Deeney provided an end product - which is what we required of our striker.

Bacuna. I used to rate him in his Villa days. Although he seemed to man-marking the No 37, he was poor and anonymous. I can only think he played to give Gunnars a rest for Tuesday.

Our January buys are truly pathetic. Players no-one else wanted and were available for that reason only.
    RUBBISH POST

Total bollocks re: Niasse

Agree re: Bacuna

I think Niasse is a superb buy. The only player who came away from last night's shambles with any credit.

Have they improved our squad? I think it's obvious that both players have. Have they improved our first 11? I think it's obvious Niasse has and Bacuna reportedly did well against Southampton and was not the worst last night. Again, I'd argue our first 11 has become stronger since they signed.

I don't think it's new information that Niasse has weaknesses in his game or that Bacuna is going to look like a championship player at times. Bit like saying David Beckham doesn't have as good a left foot.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    I think Niasse is a superb buy. The only player who came away from last night's shambles with any credit.
    We haven't bought him.

Niasse's been a good addition, up until last night we looked much better with him as an attacking outlet. I'd say it's a bit harsh to damn Bacuna just yet given the amount he's played

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Niasse's been a good addition, up until last night we looked much better with him as an attacking outlet. I'd say it's a bit harsh to damn Bacuna just yet given the amount he's played
    I wouldn’t knock Bacuna on last nights performance as he was being asked to do the ridiculous man marking

I disagree with the view they were bad signings, the Everton lad turned the defender many times , only to find himself on his own with no blue shirt back up and support .
    We were all raving about him at the last game , where he provided Read with so much room .

The Reading lad played solidly enough ,quite athletic, has good control .

The problem last night was with our more established players , tatics, and poor team selection .

Niasse is suffering the same problem Paterson did - absolutely no support. That's why I was baffled Reid didn't start

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Niasse is suffering the same problem Paterson did - absolutely no support. That's why I was baffled Reid didn't start
    Reid is unwell with the stomach bug going around the camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Reid is unwell with the stomach bug going around the camp.
    Fair enough

I thought Niasse was the only player to come out if last night with any credit. He run his bollocks off. Had a few good runs. I was Neil would have brought Zohore on at 1 or 2 nil alongside him.

Bacuna was a panic buy.

Bacuna was a surprise signing, but even more surprising is the fact it's been reported he's on a five and a half year deal!

Niasse looks good in a poor team, and I think we have an option to buy in the summer.

Arter on the other runs around for 90 minutes chasing down men and chasing the ball, and by the time he gets there the ball has been moved on. So he doesn't actually do much. I hope Gunnarsson and Camarasa return on Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    We haven't bought him.
    Good point. Pity

The most surprising aspect is giving a 28 year old Bacuna a 5 season deal!!!

Who’s his agent? Willy McKay?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    The most surprising aspect is giving a 28 year old Bacuna a 5 season deal!!!

Who’s his agent? Willy McKay?
    #topical

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Agreed,looked like he was stuck at RBlast night.
    Did not make the middle of the pitch

Another dodgy stream watcher IMO.