+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I知 surprised by the negativity about the game last night

I知 surprised by the negativity about the game last night

Ok, we got thumped which is embarrassing but:

The first half was very even and aside from the poor defending for the goal and being denied what looked a certain penalty, we matched Watford and could/should have gone in at HT level despite Watford being the slicker team. I certainly did not foresee what was about to happen and wasn稚 disgruntled at HT at all.

As for the second half though......we gave them two goals from alarmingly amateurish play on our part and then just fell apart, losing all shape. Now that was embarrassing. I was struggling to work out who was playing where by the end. Did we go to 3 at the back with Bacuna and Bennett pushing up as the defence was all at sea (where WAS Bennett supposed to be playing at the end?!)

If if we have anything to be concerned about it was how we shipped two such soft goals and then just capitulated which is most un-Warnock like.

But I have no real complaints about the first half.

Morrison looked a bit rusty and Murphy again frustrated but Niasse was excellent again and I thought that Ralls was unlucky to get subbed off as he was having a decent game, even though I壇 prefer to see NML given more pitch time in favour of Murphy (NML for Murphy would have been the obvious change to make)

Re: I知 surprised by the negativity about the game last night

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post

The first half was very even and aside from the poor defending for the goal and being denied what looked a certain penalty, we matched Watford and could/should have gone in at HT level despite Watford being the slicker team. I certainly did not foresee what was about to happen and wasn稚 disgruntled at HT at all.

As for the second half though......we gave them two goals from alarmingly amateurish play on our part and then just fell apart, losing all shape. Now that was embarrassing. I was struggling to work out who was playing where by the end. Did we go to 3 at the back with Bacuna and Bennett pushing up as the defence was all at sea (where WAS Bennett supposed to be playing at the end?!)

If if we have anything to be concerned about it was how we shipped two such soft goals and then just capitulated which is most un-Warnock like.

Morrison looked a bit rusty and Murphy again frustrated but Niasse was excellent again and I thought that Ralls was unlucky to get subbed off as he was having a decent game, even though I壇 prefer to see NML given more pitch time in favour of Murphy (NML for Murphy would have been the obvious change to make)
    I don't agree. Niasse did some really good individual things in the first half but unfortunately most of the fans in the ninian stand were closer to him than any city players.

It was very disjointed and worrying. For me it just didn't feel right at half time.

I was however pleasantly surprised at the start of the 2nd half as i expected more of the same, but we did create a little bit of pressure. Nothing major but it was definitely game on. Then the 2nd goal completely killed us.

Morrison looked at bit rusty!!!.
    I've seen a 1977 Austin princess in a farm shed with less rust than him last night

I was quite Shocked to see Morrison come straight back into the side last night ...... The penalty decision was a complete and utter SHOCKER ....... Watfords 1st goal was soft as FCUK !!!!!

The the next two against the run of play on the break ....... WTF was Manga DOING

Can't comment on the other 3 Goals as I left after the 3rd ...... ABSOLUTELY GUTTED

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    I don't agree. Niasse did some really good individual things in the first half but unfortunately most of the fans in the ninian stand were closer to him than any city players.

It was very disjointed and worrying. For me it just didn't feel right at half time.

I was however pleasantly surprised at the start of the 2nd half as i expected more of the same, but we did create a little bit of pressure. Nothing major but it was definitely game on. Then the 2nd goal completely killed us.
    Exactly, we often rely on individual brilliance with our attacking play whereas Watford are one of several Premier League teams that not only have more individual excellence than us, but also attack as a unit.

Quote Originally Posted by SABlue View Post
    I was quite Shocked to see Morrison come straight back into the side last night ...... The penalty decision was a complete and utter SHOCKER ....... Watfords 1st goal was soft as FCUK !!!!!

The the next two against the run of play on the break ....... WTF was Manga DOING

Can't comment on the other 3 Goals as I left after the 3rd ...... ABSOLUTELY GUTTED
    They didn't score six did they?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    They didn't score six did they?
    No but five and one are six

I know our tactics are to sit back, absorb pressure and catch teams on the break, but last night we seemed to give the opposition more space than ever.
    At times I thought that I was nearer to closing down Docoure, from my seat in Row Y of the Canton, than any of our players were.

I am usually glass half full.
    However, as soon as the team was announced it was all down from there.

Just hope that hasn't set us back too much confidence-wise.

I felt the tactics worked well up until Patterson and one other slipped, Morrison allowed Deeney to hold the ball for 30 seconds and then we were behind. From there it seemed the players didn't know how to push for a goal and defend in the new shape/personal Warnock had sent out.

We then missed out on a blatant penalty before falling apart a bit in the second half. The only good thing was to see players like Patterson and Bamba keep going til the end.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    No but five and one are six

Quote Originally Posted by SABlue View Post

So - you left just after the 63rd minute ? Don't understand how anyone could do that, no matter what the score. You werent the only one of course but thats just the time when the team needs your support the most. The atmosphere went flat late on removing any possible chance of a come back.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    So - you left just after the 63rd minute ? Don't understand how anyone could do that, no matter what the score. You werent the only one of course but thats just the time when the team needs your support the most. The atmosphere went flat late on removing any possible chance of a come back.
    Did u stay? Plenty of support from the Canton right to the end.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    To be honest 4-0 down playing as shit as they were there was NO CHANCE OF A COMEBACK. EVER!

The first half was very even and aside from the poor defending for the goal and being denied what looked a certain penalty, we matched Watford and could/should have gone in at HT level despite Watford being the slicker team. I certainly did not foresee what was about to happen and wasn’t disgruntled at HT at all.

Morrison looked a bit rusty and Murphy again frustrated but Niasse was excellent again and I thought that Ralls was unlucky to get subbed off as he was having a decent game, even though I’d prefer to see NML given more pitch time in favour of Murphy (NML for Murphy would have been the obvious change to make)
    I'm surprised you're surprised there's negativity about losing 5-1 at home to Watford. I know Watford are a decent team, but I don't think we were ever in the game. The first half we were struggling to keep our heads above water and it was no surprise when they finally scored. Yes, we should have had a penalty and it possibly could have been 1-1 at half time. There was a little spell at the start of the second half when we looked competitive but then Watford just tore us apart for the rest of the game right until the very end. We did not respond well at all. All in all it was a very poorly played and managed game by us. Let's just hope we can put this behind us.

Team selection all wrong! Feeling negative about Neil's decision making mostly, but we don't do well with long rests between matches!
    Despite his lack of finesse, Gunnar is a must start when he's fit. That results stat with/without him we saw this week shows his worth. Arter looked like a rabbit in headlights at times last night. Reid should be starting hands down.. Niasse good but not good enough on his own.
    Murphy abysmal, NML deserves his place.
    Bacuna did sweet f-all, and then theres the defensive issues with Mozza back in. Should have put Bacuna in at RB and kept Gunnar in the middle.
    Worst performance of the season but the players must know it and I doubt we'll be that poor again.. maybe besides after the long March rest due to rearranged fixtures..

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    To be honest 4-0 down playing as shit as they were there was NO CHANCE OF A COMEBACK. EVER!
    Arter made a comment about us singing to the end against Man City as reason he was so happy to score for us. Staying to the end and staying positive can mean a lot for the next game and game(s) after.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Did u stay? Plenty of support from the Canton right to the end.
    Yes. I never leave until after the final whistle. The ground was over half empty with about 10 minutes left. Don't understand the attitude of people who leave early at all.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Arter made a comment about us singing to the end against Man City as reason he was so happy to score for us. Staying to the end and staying positive can mean a lot for the next game and game(s) after.
    Agree with that but we were not coming back from 4-0 yesterday.

The first half was very even
    I sort of lost you after this bit, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I'm surprised you're surprised there's negativity about losing 5-1 at home to Watford. I know Watford are a decent team, but I don't think we were ever in the game. The first half we were struggling to keep our heads above water and it was no surprise when they finally scored. Yes, we should have had a penalty and it possibly could have been 1-1 at half time. There was a little spell at the start of the second half when we looked competitive but then Watford just tore us apart for the rest of the game right until the very end. We did not respond well at all. All in all it was a very poorly played and managed game by us. Let's just hope we can put this behind us.
    I have to agree with this. How can you not be negative about losing 5-1 to Watford at home. I did think this was a game we could win but it was humiliating.

Come on bobby I know you’re a optimist but these are the games we should be targeting to get points out of not being walked all over and thumped 5-1 in our own backyard

Quote Originally Posted by whittschurch View Post
    Team selection all wrong! Feeling negative about Neil's decision making mostly, but we don't do well with long rests between matches!
    Despite his lack of finesse, Gunnar is a must start when he's fit. That results stat with/without him we saw this week shows his worth. Arter looked like a rabbit in headlights at times last night. Reid should be starting hands down.. Niasse good but not good enough on his own.
    Murphy abysmal, NML deserves his place.
    Bacuna did sweet f-all, and then theres the defensive issues with Mozza back in. Should have put Bacuna in at RB and kept Gunnar in the middle.
    Worst performance of the season but the players must know it and I doubt we'll be that poor again.. maybe besides after the long March rest due to rearranged fixtures..
    Worst performance of the season?!

We collapsed after their second goal but that was nowhere near as bad as Newcastle away, Leicester at home, Huddersfield at home?

Now those WERE poor performances.

People need some context here.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Come on bobby I know you池e a optimist but these are the games we should be targeting to get points out of not being walked all over and thumped 5-1 in our own backyard
    I agree with that.

However, I suspect that Watford are probably a better team than most people give them credit for.

I do know what you mean though.

Ralls was awful last night