+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Singapore Anyone?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Singapore Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Zoo and night safari are both good.
    Really don't bother with raffles, waste of time

Loads of touristy stuff to do in Sentosa, but depends what you're looking for.

Food wise you can dine out for a few quid or spend £100 on a steak and everything inbetween. Personally I would find some well rated street food type places and it should be great.
    I would go to one of the fancy bars that are up in the top of some of the skyscrapers though, as you get an incredible view while you're enjoying a few drinks.
    Yep, the two two skyscraper places are Swissotel and Level 33.

Thanks again, everyone, back now after nearly three weeks (a couple of days in Singapore, and the remainder in jaw dropping Krabi).

Went to L33 which was great and also Lau Pa Sat, the rest will need to wait until our next trip. The real struggle with this is the non stop flight back from Singapore (at least on the outward, we were looking forward to hols). The near 15 hour flight was a real struggle and something I seemed to cope with far better as a youngster than I do now, I'm still knackered three days later and had some leg cramp to boot. Although that's what middle age brings, I know I am middle aged now as I really enjoyed walking the Botanical gardens in Singapore. The gardens by the bay were doubly impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    Thanks again, everyone, back now after nearly three weeks (a couple of days in Singapore, and the remainder in jaw dropping Krabi).

Went to L33 which was great and also Lau Pa Sat, the rest will need to wait until our next trip. The real struggle with this is the non stop flight back from Singapore (at least on the outward, we were looking forward to hols). The near 15 hour flight was a real struggle and something I seemed to cope with far better as a youngster than I do now, I'm still knackered three days later and had some leg cramp to boot. Although that's what middle age brings, I know I am middle aged now as I really enjoyed walking the Botanical gardens in Singapore. The gardens by the bay were doubly impressive.
    Unless you already have, please go to see a doctor about the leg cramp. It can be - not always of course - a symptom of thrombosis and that can kill you. A very good mate of mine holidayed in China for his retirement, had leg pains on his return, ignored them, and died shortly after.

I'm not trying to freak you out, it's probably fine. But if it is thrombosis it can be treated very easily. If you die, it can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    Unless you already have, please go to see a doctor about the leg cramp. It can be - not always of course - a symptom of thrombosis and that can kill you. A very good mate of mine holidayed in China for his retirement, had leg pains on his return, ignored them, and died shortly after.

I'm not trying to freak you out, it's probably fine. But if it is thrombosis it can be treated very easily. If you die, it can't.
    Could definitely be a sign of blood clotting

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Could definitely be a sign of blood clotting
    Cheers both, but that's what I initially thought it could be, but deffo just cramp and gone now, have sent you both PMs, thanks.