+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Today is the annual Plastic Taff Day [warning: this is an anti-egg post]

Re: Today is the annual Plastic Taff Day [warning: this is an anti-egg post]

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    What’s your opinion on the majority who think Cardiff fans are just a bunch of hooligan *****
    Uneducated.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyer46 View Post
    OMG Are you now saying Sir Tom is a 'Plastic Taff' ?
    Yes, I wish to confirm that I formally accused Sir Tom Jones (real name, Thomas Woodward) of being a Plastic Taff.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Yes, I wish to confirm that I formally accused Sir Tom Jones (real name, Thomas Woodward) of being a Plastic Taff.
    Wouldn't being born in Treforest, Pontypridd make him a full blown Welshman, his father was also called Thomas Woodward & mother was called Freda Jones ( Which is why he chose Tom Jones as his stagename )

Would I be right in thinking because his paternal grandfather, James Woodward, was an ironmonger's haulier from Gloucestershire, and his paternal grandmother, Anne Woodward, was from Wiltshire & that his maternal grandfather, Albert Jones, was Welsh, and his maternal grandmother, Ada Jones, was born in Pontypridd, to parents from Somerset and Wiltshire that makes him a Plastic Taff because they weren't all born in the country where it constantly pisses down with rain?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Uneducated.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I get that as well ‘How can you not be interested in rugby?’. It’s ridiculous, it’s just not on my radar, Wales winning at rugby is as important as Wales winning at hockey, netball, gobs or hopscotch to me, no more, no less. I want Wales to win and like it when I read of a Welsh team or individual triumphing, it’s just that football is the most important to me. Rugby is about as relevant as those other minority sports I’ve mentioned in my eyes.
    I feel similar about the Welsh football team. No interest in it whatsoever.

I agree with you on the rugby shirts thing. It's always "send your child to school in Welsh costume/rugby top". We've sent my boy to school in a Welsh football top on a couple of occasions and that's always been seen as fine, but that's not the point. Why can't they say "send your child to school in Welsh costume/Welsh sporting top"? It's about indoctrinating youngsters from the earliest age that rugby is really important. This isn't done intentionally, of course. It's just expected that, because you're Welsh, you should love rugby.

Try that line up in North Wales. The only reason for its popularity in South Wales was that it gave an identity to the large communities that had built up through immigration and had no identity. The people lapped up this new identity.

What's maybe more interesting is that, despite the huge numbers of non-Welsh people coming into Wales, they all willingly and readily took on their new nationality. I know of elderly people in Wales who say they hate the English but have English born parents. Where does that come from?
    This is without a doubt the biggest load of bollocks I've ever read on this messageboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    This is without a doubt the biggest load of bollocks I've ever read on this messageboard.
    Harry, I am not sure this is the biggest load of bollocks I've ever read on this messageboard, it is remotely sport orientated ( which can't be said about a lot of the other subjects on what is purporting to be a Football motivated forum ) so the biggest load of bollocks I've ever read on this messageboard is in the non sport related stuff

I dispute your assertion. There's bollocks, load of bollocks and total bollocks. However, there's also posts which are absolute bollocks. If you want evidence of the latter then please check my posting history.

What do you disagree with and what evidence to you have to prove otherwise?

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Simple. Cardiff City is one of the safest places to watch football in the league. We wouldn't have said that 30 years ago. It has also won awards as a family club and is highly regarded by away fans.

Anyone still thinking we're a bunch of thugs either clearly doesn't know the above (uneducated) or when challenged, doesn't want to know (ignorant). Anyone preferring to rely on their prejudices despite being given irrefutable evidence to the contrary is uneducated and ignorant.

Simple. Cardiff City is one of the safest places to watch football in the league. We wouldn't have said that 30 years ago. It has also won awards as a family club and is highly regarded by away fans.

Anyone still thinking we're a bunch of thugs either clearly doesn't know the above (uneducated) or when challenged, doesn't want to know (ignorant). Anyone preferring to rely on their prejudices despite being given irrefutable evidence to the contrary is uneducated and ignorant.
    Hopefully Organ reads this reply about preferring to rely on prejudices.

What do you disagree with and what evidence to you have to prove otherwise?
    I have as much evidence as you where you claim that children are indoctrinated into a believing that rugby is important at an early age.

I have four children aged 13 and below and have sent them to school in rugby tops, football tops, dressed like a miner and a welsh ladies costume. There has never been any indication that St Davids Day is about anything other than being proud of being Welsh. My wife teaches in a primary school and also just called your claim ludicrous. There are more female teachers in primary schools than men and whilst that doesn't mean they don't enjoy the Six Nations, according to my wife her colleagues can take it or leave it. Its a Welsh speaking school by the way.

Its an easy option for people to put a rugby top on kids because they cost a tenner in Tesco in the run up to March 1st. Replica football tops as you know don't have the same value. When I was a kid we used to wear shields and swords for some reason!

I have as much evidence as you where you claim that children are indoctrinated into a believing that rugby is important at an early age.

I have four children aged 13 and below and have sent them to school in rugby tops, football tops, dressed like a miner and a welsh ladies costume. There has never been any indication that St Davids Day is about anything other than being proud of being Welsh. My wife teaches in a primary school and also just called your claim ludicrous. There are more female teachers in primary schools than men and whilst that doesn't mean they don't enjoy the Six Nations, according to my wife her colleagues can take it or leave it. Its a Welsh speaking school by the way.

Its an easy option for people to put a rugby top on kids because they cost a tenner in Tesco in the run up to March 1st. Replica football tops as you know don't have the same value. When I was a kid we used to wear shields and swords for some reason!
    You clearly didn't read my post thoroughly, then. I don't dispute that St David's day is anything but a celebration of all things Welsh, but I will always get annoyed whenever schools ask for Welsh costumes/rugby tops as outfits for the day. Most do from my experience within education.

I will forever stand by my opinion that people are indoctrinated into thinking that rugby is important. Many a BBC Wales 6 nations promo has promoted the idea that supporting Welsh rugby is a part of Welshness. I've been called unpatriotic for refusing to support rugby. If there was a 10 commandments of what it means to be Welsh, loving rugby will be towards the top. Even if such lists are in jest, people believe rugby is massive because so many people tell them it is. If only football could get that level of promotion.

You clearly didn't read my post thoroughly, then. I don't dispute that St David's day is anything but a celebration of all things Welsh, but I will always get annoyed whenever schools ask for Welsh costumes/rugby tops as outfits for the day. Most do from my experience within education.

I will forever stand by my opinion that people are indoctrinated into thinking that rugby is important. Many a BBC Wales 6 nations promo has promoted the idea that supporting Welsh rugby is a part of Welshness. I've been called unpatriotic for refusing to support rugby. If there was a 10 commandments of what it means to be Welsh, loving rugby will be towards the top. Even if such lists are in jest, people believe rugby is massive because so many people tell them it is. If only football could get that level of promotion.
    I did read all the post but particularly thought the opening gambit was nonsense. Welsh costumes / rugby tops is hardly some secret attempt by the WRU to increase rugby through subliminal mind control. Maybe if they added... this list is not exhaustive, you wouldn't be so upset. I know of no teachers that make or children that are made to think rugby is important. It smacks of paranoia to me.

I agree that Wales Online / BBC Wales take the easy option when publicising the 6 Nations but thats just poor/lazy journalism IMO.

Give it a rest Eric. Your getting boring now. You don’t like Rugby. I get it, but unluckily for you, it’s here to Stay.

I thought we had great promotion in Euro 2016. Even if you don’t like rugby which is fair enough why wouldn’t you want wales to have a bit of limelight? I’ve always preferred football but love rugby union and league and want Wales to win at anything even if that’s a choir competition. If you don’t like it why mention it I don’t like netball but wouldn’t be knocking them because they had a good bit of coverage I just don’t understand the jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Read this link (below). Your comment is either a massively simplified summation or plain illinformed.

Trying to compare the damage caused by English immigration to Welsh immigration overlooks so many aspects surrounding the circumstances, reasons and attitudes.

You can’t compare the numbers either. Many more English people have emigrated to Wales.

http://web.isanet.org/Web/Conference...d6328e3bfc.pdf

...divine...great read..thanks