+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Today is the annual Plastic Taff Day [warning: this is an anti-egg post]

Re: Today is the annual Plastic Taff Day [warning: this is an anti-egg post]

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    We have an early favourite for the CCMB clutching at straws award for 2019.
    However, I bet you that you will be unable to prove me incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    However, I bet you that you will be unable to prove me incorrect.
    I’m not remotely interested in proving you right or wrong. But you’ve plummeted to new deapths in your dislike for the oval ball game.
    Why can’t you and Organ just accept that a large majority of the Welsh public like to go to every Wales home game, or watch it on the TV, have a belly full of beer and enjoy the day out?
    You like darts, good on you. I’m not remotely interested in the game, It’s all about choices.

The irony is a large majority of them that spent yesterday shouting at the telly "You Saes twats" would have taken the red Jersey of Wales off last night only to pull on the red shirt of Manu or Liverpool today.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    The irony is a large majority of them that spent yesterday shouting at the telly "You Saes twats" would have taken the red Jersey of Wales off last night only to pull on the red shirt of Manu or Liverpool today.
    It’s like the questions, where did the 1000’s of extra City fans come from when we went to Wembley 4 times recently? Then where have they disappeared to again?
    People are allowed to do what they want. If they want to support a team they have no affiliation with, then it’s strange, but they a free to do so. Except in the the eyes of the “you have to go to City games only and hate the egg police” who frequent this board. 😎

[QUOTE=William Treseder;4953725]It’s like the questions, where did the 1000’s of extra City fans come from when we went to Wembley 4 times recently? Then where have they disappeared to again?
    People are allowed to do what they want. If they want to support a team they have no affiliation with, then it’s strange, but they a free to do so. Except in the the eyes of the “you have to go to City games only and hate the egg police” who frequent this

No people can do what they want i was just pointing out the irony.
    And I'm doing what I want by pointing out the irony.

There's an irony about days like today. Hadn't it been for the influx of English people into Wales and the English media, things that could be described as the essence of Welshness, such as rugby, would never have happened. If Wales had grown organically in the 1800s, instead of what actually happened because of coal, it's almost certain that Wales would never have been interested in rugby, or singing for that matter.

Funny how things work out.
    For such a sensible poster I can’t believe you’ve posted this. You could make a similar point about football, maybe we would’ve been better off sticking to living in caves

[QUOTE=insider;4953728]
    It’s like the questions, where did the 1000’s of extra City fans come from when we went to Wembley 4 times recently? Then where have they disappeared to again?
    People are allowed to do what they want. If they want to support a team they have no affiliation with, then it’s strange, but they a free to do so. Except in the the eyes of the “you have to go to City games only and hate the egg police” who frequent this

No people can do what they want i was just pointing out the irony.
    And I'm doing what I want by pointing out the irony.
    That’s right. Point out the irony if you want. As I’ve pointed out the irony of our fans in a post above, singing anti English songs when we have an English manager and players, and play in the English set up. There’s plenty of it about isn’t there?

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    For such a sensible poster I can’t believe you’ve posted this. You could make a similar point about football, maybe we would’ve been better off sticking to living in caves
    You’ve got to remember. Eric was the only guy on the planet, who insisted that Mark Hudson was meaning to pass, when he scored his wonder goal from the half way line. So he has form for bizarre posts.

In these days of Brexit related news and general worry who gives a shit that a few thousand people go on the piss to watch a rugby match.

If it brought joy to people which it seems like it has then so be it. I was glad Wales won, enjoyed the game and delighted for my mates who were there.

The OP has dug out the same old regurgitated post he does and others do every year, whoopee ****ing shite.

You can like both rugby and football it’s jot mutually exclusive and quite frankly the lofitier holier than thou sanctimony of ‘ooh look at that middle aged woman in a rugby crowd’ is quite frankly rather tedious.

...in the same way that the Welsh caused a negative effect on the local language in Patagonia when they emigrated there in large numbers).
    Read this link (below). Your comment is either a massively simplified summation or plain illinformed.

Trying to compare the damage caused by English immigration to Welsh immigration overlooks so many aspects surrounding the circumstances, reasons and attitudes.

You can’t compare the numbers either. Many more English people have emigrated to Wales.

http://web.isanet.org/Web/Conference...d6328e3bfc.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Unbearable eggers are out in force today. They are annoying at the best of times whenever a Wales men's team play an international match (very few give a hoot when a Wales women's play an international game of egg or any other sport) as the vast majority in my experience are fake patriots who have little or no interest or knowledge of Welsh history or culture and I'm positive would sooner insert a cactus plant up their Aris than to even contemplate learning to speak Welsh, their own language.

Welshness to those frauds consists entirely around watching 15 lumps clad in red jerseys chase an oval-shaped bag o' wind around a field on a TV screen. Almost always they gawp at the box in the company of fellow bullshitters who share the exact same profile as them.

Today, pubs and clubs throughout South Wales will be packed with joking Welsh patriots to view the 'big one' versus England where many will express a dislike or perhaps hatred of all things English when simultaneously embracing their culture and language at every opportunity whilst rejecting their own which they pretend to be so proud of.

Describing them as ridiculous hypocrites or dumbed-down idiots would be apposite but a more deserving tag is Plastic Taffs because it's precisely what they are.
    I have to agree; I find it all rather embarrassing, even if I don’t share quite your vitriol.

Living in England, it is toe curling to see so many people living up to and inflating the image of a stereotypical Welsh eggby halfwit, to the point that people often ask me how I cannot be interested in rugby, ‘because I’m Welsh’!

🙈

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I have to agree; I find it all rather embarrassing, even if I don’t share quite your vitriol.

Living in England, it is toe curling to see so many people living up to and inflating the image of a stereotypical Welsh eggby halfwit, to the point that people often ask me how I cannot be interested in rugby, ‘because I’m Welsh’!

🙈
    I get that as well ‘How can you not be interested in rugby?’. It’s ridiculous, it’s just not on my radar, Wales winning at rugby is as important as Wales winning at hockey, netball, gobs or hopscotch to me, no more, no less. I want Wales to win and like it when I read of a Welsh team or individual triumphing, it’s just that football is the most important to me. Rugby is about as relevant as those other minority sports I’ve mentioned in my eyes.

[QUOTE=William Treseder;4953732]
    Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post

That’s right. Point out the irony if you want. As I’ve pointed out the irony of our fans in a post above, singing anti English songs when we have an English manager and players, and play in the English set up. There’s plenty of it about isn’t there?
    Yes there is you included

I always find it funny how people describe the wru games as just a piss up when I know a lot of our away following will never remember the game they watched the day before

The bitterness/jealousy shown towards rugby is very infantile. Sound like a bunch of Jacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    The bitterness/jealousy shown towards rugby is very infantile. Sound like a bunch of Jacks.
    Genuinely don't know why it winds people up so much.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I get that as well ‘How can you not be interested in rugby?’. It’s ridiculous, it’s just not on my radar, Wales winning at rugby is as important as Wales winning at hockey, netball, gobs or hopscotch to me, no more, no less. I want Wales to win and like it when I read of a Welsh team or individual triumphing, it’s just that football is the most important to me. Rugby is about as relevant as those other minority sports I’ve mentioned in my eyes.
    EXACTLY.

[QUOTE=insider;4953750]
    Yes there is you included
    Strange reply?

I’m not remotely interested in proving you right or wrong. But you’ve plummeted to new deapths in your dislike for the oval ball game.
    Glad. So I wasn't clutching at straws.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Read this link (below). Your comment is either a massively simplified summation or plain illinformed.

Trying to compare the damage caused by English immigration to Welsh immigration overlooks so many aspects surrounding the circumstances, reasons and attitudes.

You can’t compare the numbers either. Many more English people have emigrated to Wales.

http://web.isanet.org/Web/Conference...d6328e3bfc.pdf
    You could be right. However, if say 2000 people live in an area and 20,000 people move in with a different language, that language takes over. There'll be a battle of sorts, but the majority will win. That happened in Patagonia. It happened in Wales, where certainly in the world of work in the mines there needed to be one language used by all in the event of emergencies.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    In these days of Brexit related news and general worry who gives a shit that a few thousand people go on the piss to watch a rugby match.

If it brought joy to people which it seems like it has then so be it. I was glad Wales won, enjoyed the game and delighted for my mates who were there.

The OP has dug out the same old regurgitated post he does and others do every year, whoopee ****ing shite.

You can like both rugby and football it’s jot mutually exclusive and quite frankly the lofitier holier than thou sanctimony of ‘ooh look at that middle aged woman in a rugby crowd’ is quite frankly rather tedious.
    A few thousand? Who are you trying to kid, me or yourself?

In a few weeks you'll be able to purchase any local paper in the region to view a dozen or more snaps of primary school children posing for St Dai's Day photos. You can safely bet your portrait of Jean-Claude Juncker that a large majority of the boys will be wearing a Wales egg top.

"Here you are, son, wear this as it defines your national identity" is the unspoken message. That helps to ensure the next generation of Plastic Taffs will be every bit as superficial and vacuous as those that preceded.

The most insincere of the Plastic Taffs are so bone idle they are too lazy to spend 15 minutes learning the words of their national anthem, FFS! One who hails from a Plastic Taff heartland is featured in the video below.

In a few weeks you'll be able to purchase any local paper in the region to view a dozen or more snaps of primary school children posing for St Dai's Day photos. You can safely bet your portrait of Jean-Claude Juncker that a large majority of the boys will be wearing a Wales egg top.

"Here you are, son, wear this as it defines your national identity" is the unspoken message. That helps to ensure the next generation of Plastic Taffs will be every bit as superficial and vacuous as those that preceded.

The most insincere of the Plastic Taffs are so bone idle they are too lazy to spend 15 minutes learning the words of their national anthem, FFS! One who hails from a Plastic Taff heartland is featured in the video below.

A ton of them will be wearing Welsh footie tops too. You shouldn't let such things upset you

I agree with you on the rugby shirts thing. It's always "send your child to school in Welsh costume/rugby top". We've sent my boy to school in a Welsh football top on a couple of occasions and that's always been seen as fine, but that's not the point. Why can't they say "send your child to school in Welsh costume/Welsh sporting top"? It's about indoctrinating youngsters from the earliest age that rugby is really important. This isn't done intentionally, of course. It's just expected that, because you're Welsh, you should love rugby.

Try that line up in North Wales. The only reason for its popularity in South Wales was that it gave an identity to the large communities that had built up through immigration and had no identity. The people lapped up this new identity.

What's maybe more interesting is that, despite the huge numbers of non-Welsh people coming into Wales, they all willingly and readily took on their new nationality. I know of elderly people in Wales who say they hate the English but have English born parents. Where does that come from?

I agree with you on the rugby shirts thing. It's always "send your child to school in Welsh costume/rugby top". We've sent my boy to school in a Welsh football top on a couple of occasions and that's always been seen as fine, but that's not the point. Why can't they say "send your child to school in Welsh costume/Welsh sporting top"? It's about indoctrinating youngsters from the earliest age that rugby is really important. This isn't done intentionally, of course. It's just expected that, because you're Welsh, you should love rugby.

Try that line up in North Wales. The only reason for its popularity in South Wales was that it gave an identity to the large communities that had built up through immigration and had no identity. The people lapped up this new identity.

What's maybe more interesting is that, despite the huge numbers of non-Welsh people coming into Wales, they all willingly and readily took on their new nationality. I know of elderly people in Wales who say they hate the English but have English born parents. Where does that come from?
    What’s your opinion on the majority who think Cardiff fans are just a bunch of hooligan *****

OMG Are you now saying Sir Tom is a 'Plastic Taff' ?