+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Today is the annual Plastic Taff Day [warning: this is an anti-egg post]

Today is the annual Plastic Taff Day [warning: this is an anti-egg post]

Unbearable eggers are out in force today. They are annoying at the best of times whenever a Wales men's team play an international match (very few give a hoot when a Wales women's play an international game of egg or any other sport) as the vast majority in my experience are fake patriots who have little or no interest or knowledge of Welsh history or culture and I'm positive would sooner insert a cactus plant up their Aris than to even contemplate learning to speak Welsh, their own language.

Welshness to those frauds consists entirely around watching 15 lumps clad in red jerseys chase an oval-shaped bag o' wind around a field on a TV screen. Almost always they gawp at the box in the company of fellow bullshitters who share the exact same profile as them.

Today, pubs and clubs throughout South Wales will be packed with joking Welsh patriots to view the 'big one' versus England where many will express a dislike or perhaps hatred of all things English when simultaneously embracing their culture and language at every opportunity whilst rejecting their own which they pretend to be so proud of.

Describing them as ridiculous hypocrites or dumbed-down idiots would be apposite but a more deserving tag is Plastic Taffs because it's precisely what they are.

Re: Today is the annual Plastic Taff Day [warning: this is an anti-egg post]

Not a fan then?

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Unbearable eggers are out in force today. They are annoying at the best of times whenever a Wales men's team play an international match (very few give a hoot when a Wales women's play an international game of egg or any other sport) as the vast majority in my experience are fake patriots who have little or no interest or knowledge of Welsh history or culture and I'm positive would sooner insert a cactus plant up their Aris than to even contemplate learning to speak Welsh, their own language.

Welshness to those frauds consists entirely around watching 15 lumps clad in red jerseys chase an oval-shaped bag o' wind around a field on a TV screen. Almost always they gawp at the box in the company of fellow bullshitters who share the exact same profile as them.

Today, pubs and clubs throughout South Wales will be packed with joking Welsh patriots to view the 'big one' versus England where many will express a dislike or perhaps hatred of all things English when simultaneously embracing their culture and language at every opportunity whilst rejecting their own which they pretend to be so proud of.

Describing them as ridiculous hypocrites or dumbed-down idiots would be apposite but a more deserving tag is Plastic Taffs because it's precisely what they are.
    Don’t worry, they’ll forget their hatred for the English when they don their English football shirts for El Plastic tomorrow.

who cares

Let's see how they think after doing their AncestryDNA test.

Do you have to speak or be learning Welsh to be a patriot then?

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Let's see how they think after doing their AncestryDNA test.
    Certainly in South Wales, in the second half of the 19th century, there was mass immigration, particularly from England but elsewhere, looking for work in the mines. These rapidly growing new communities had no identity, having largely snuffled out what the indiginous Welsh people did socially simply through weight of numbers (this also had a massive negative effect on the Welsh language, in the same way that the Welsh caused a negative effect on the local language in Patagonia when they emigrated there in large numbers).

In 1872, a large Welsh choir won a huge competition at Crystal Palace, despite being the only choir taking part, and the media christened Wales the 'land of song'. It was adopted by these new, poor commuities and it stuck. Singing is a free pastime. Wales had never been any more or less a singing nation than anywhere else in the UK. Same sort of thing happened with rugby. All took off largely to give these new communities of mass immigration an identity which they didn't have.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Don’t worry, they’ll forget their hatred for the English when they don their English football shirts for El Plastic tomorrow.
    Ooh, you nasty, spiteful, bitter woman...

Come on Wales �������������� �������������� ��������������

Think youve hit a nerve with someone AA.😁

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Ooh, you nasty, spiteful, bitter woman...
    You know me so well

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    You know me so well
    About as well as you know me I reckon. 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post

Is it any different to City fans singing anti English songs, when we have an English manager and English players and ply our trade in the English league?
    You really haven’t thought this through Organ old bean.

Do you wander around town on 6 Nations days with a DNA testing kit and a Welsh history test?
    Maybe people just enjoy the day out without having to worry about their heritage or how much they know about Owain Glyndwr.

People just like getting p!ssed. Thats it. Its an excuse. 2 minutes after FT 95% couldnt give a shit about the result.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    People just like getting p!ssed. Thats it. Its an excuse. 2 minutes after FT 95% couldnt give a shit about the result.
    Have you asked them all? Or is it just another sweeping generalisation ?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Have you asked them all? Or is it just another sweeping generalisation ?
    Even if it's true, it's fine, there's no laws to state that people can't enjoy occasions without knowing who played scrum half for Wales in 1901

Off to the gym around 9am today. Bottom of my street saw a couple who lived 7 or 8 doors down from me wearing Wales rugby shirts, scarves, she wearing a large plastic daffodil in her shirt.

To the best of my knowledge neither has ever been to a Cardiff Blues match, or ever shown the slightest interest in sport of any description.

To me it's not an anti-egg thing, it's just how strange that people can 'switch on' their interest in a particular sport just 2 or 3 times in a year..

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    what a load of bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Off to the gym around 9am today. Bottom of my street saw a couple who lived 7 or 8 doors down from me wearing Wales rugby shirts, scarves, she wearing a large plastic daffodil in her shirt.

To the best of my knowledge neither has ever been to a Cardiff Blues match, or ever shown the slightest interest in sport of any description.

To me it's not an anti-egg thing, it's just how strange that people can 'switch on' their interest in a particular sport just 2 or 3 times in a year..
    It's like judging people for going to Glastonbury when they don't go to gigs every Saturday night

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    It's like judging people for going to Glastonbury when they don't go to gigs every Saturday night
    Exactly. I went to Grand National last year, but how dare I as I hadn't set foot on a racecourse for about 20 years before that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    About as well as you know me I reckon. ��
    Don't ask me reveal my source but I'm given to understand the IP address attached to your message traces to the free wifi available at Clwb Ifor Bach. For those unaware, only egg chasing fanatics and famed vomiters are allowed entry to that Cardiff city centre grog swilling den of iniquity during daylight hours.

I'm not surprised as it's an open secret that soon after our Vincent [may wealth and good health always accompany Him] switched the club's primary colour to a dark shade of red you disapproved of you became seduced by the WRU's brighter egg red.

Do you care to deny any of the above?! Isn't it also true that it's far from uncommon for you to use the seat of your chair as a makeshift stage from which you belt out a selection of Max Boyce's most famous songs whilst a full pint of Albright bitter is balanced on your head, which you've never been known to spill a drop of?

There's an irony about days like today. Hadn't it been for the influx of English people into Wales and the English media, things that could be described as the essence of Welshness, such as rugby, would never have happened. If Wales had grown organically in the 1800s, instead of what actually happened because of coal, it's almost certain that Wales would never have been interested in rugby, or singing for that matter.

Funny how things work out.

Also ironic in that most English people couldn't care less.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    There's an irony about days like today. Hadn't it been for the influx of English people into Wales and the English media, things that could be described as the essence of Welshness, such as rugby, would never have happened. If Wales had grown organically in the 1800s, instead of what actually happened because of coal, it's almost certain that Wales would never have been interested in rugby, or singing for that matter.

Funny how things work out.
    We have an early favourite for the CCMB clutching at straws award for 2019.