+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wales National Team All-Time Greatest Squad

Wales National Team All-Time Greatest Squad

Okay, to get myself indoctrinated into Welsh Football subjects I am curious as to what players you would put into your All Time Greatest Welsh National Squad
    The players can be from any era.

Please name a full squad when you post

Re: Wales National Team All-Time Greatest Squad

From players you’ve seen?

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    From players you’ve seen?
    Big Nev
    Delaney
    Gabbidon
    Ash ( )
    Bale
    Bellamy
    Speed
    Ramsey
    Giggs
    Rush
    Hughes

With only jamieccfc so far offering his All time Welsh National Squad I can only take from that the majority of you can't muster up a 'Dream Team'

With a bit of research I note that the Welsh National Team have only qualified for one World Cup in 1958 so it is probably quite hard to have a 'Dream Team' from latter day players when they haven't had any real international players since 1958.

Surely Cliff Jones, John Charles, Mel Charles & Ivor Allchurch would be in the running

Quote Originally Posted by Flyer46 View Post
    With only jamieccfc so far offering his All time Welsh National Squad I can only take from that the majority of you can't muster up a 'Dream Team'

With a bit of research I note that the Welsh National Team have only qualified for one World Cup in 1958 so it is probably quite hard to have a 'Dream Team' from latter day players when they haven't had any real international players since 1958.

Surely Cliff Jones, John Charles, Mel Charles & Ivor Allchurch would be in the running
    Eh?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Eh?
    Think he's trying to get a rise out of us

Jack Kelsey
    Mel Hopkins
    Peter Rodrigues
    Mike England
    John Charles
    Mel Charles
    Barrie Hole
    Ivor Allchurch
    Cliff Jones
    John Toshack
    Ian Rush

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Think he's trying to get a rise out of us
    How would asking who you think would be in your All Time Greatest Squad be construed as trying to get a rise out of you all?
    FFS I am trying to integrate with you all on football subjects so as I don't just come across an being an Aviation 'one trip pony'

How would asking who you think would be in your All Time Greatest Squad be construed as trying to get a rise out of you all?
    FFS I am trying to integrate with you all on football subjects so as I don't just come across an being an Aviation 'one trip pony'
    With the greatest respect you're an anonymous name on a messageboard, I don't think anyone cares if you're a one trick pony or if you integrate with us or disappear to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    With the greatest respect you're an anonymous name on a messageboard, I don't think anyone cares if you're a one trick pony or if you integrate with us or disappear to be honest
    He said ‘one trip’ Delmi, very doubtful, I reckon he’s been tripping for about a month!!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    He said ‘one trip’ Delmi, very doubtful, I reckon he’s been tripping for about a month!!
    Look at his reply in the football people you hate thread, totally different tone, clearly watches football. It's someone on a windup

Big Nev
    Delaney
    Gabbidon
    Ash ( )
    Bale
    Bellamy
    Speed
    Ramsey
    Giggs
    Rush
    Hughes
    Not bad to be fair imho ( having not seen any of the older players play )

But i would ditch Giggs, he never bothered at times, so he aint in my greatest team
    and i would swap Gabs for ginge , always prefered Ginge with his no nonsense defending, though gabs was more skillful but it was close between them and Ratcliffe

Big Nev
    Delaney
    Ginge
    Ash ( )
    Allen
    Bale
    Bellamy
    Speed
    Ramsey
    Rush
    Hughes

Its a little top heavy in attack with 3 at the back ( joe allen can drop back and help out ) but we if we can score more than them, we will win

Look at his reply in the football people you hate thread, totally different tone, clearly watches football. It's someone on a windup
    Of course he is, all this ‘with a bit of research’ business is a load of shite. He’s let on that both he and his boss are Welsh on another thread and, as you say, had views on Harry Redknapp & various football pundits on another thread. He’s Welsh, knows his football yet had to resort to researching to learn of our only World Cup Finals appearance????????? Can’t wait until his obvious appearance in the witness box during the Sala inquest, he’ll sort the buggers out👍

delmbox, With the utmost respect for your pointing out that my name seems anonymous on this messageboard, I don't think that your moniker gives away too much as to who you are either?

I doubt B.Oddie is really the 'Goodie' ?
    I doubt J.R.Hartley is the Fly-fishing Hartley ?
    I doubt The other Bob Wilson is even called Bob ?

The difference is : I don't really worry whether they are who they portray themselves as, the moniker 'Flyer46' isn't so anonymous if you were into aviation

Flyer = Pilot
    46 = a type of aircraft ( highly relevant to the accident aircraft )
    So, take from that I fly the same type of aircraft as the accident aircraft & might just be well enough informed on this accident to be able to speak with great authority.

delmbox, With the utmost respect for your pointing out that my name seems anonymous on this messageboard, I don't think that your moniker gives away too much as to who you are either?

The difference is : I don't really worry whether they are who they portray themselves as, the moniker 'Flyer46' isn't so anonymous if you were into aviation

Flyer = Pilot
    So, take from that I fly the same type of aircraft as the accident aircraft & might just be well enough informed on this accident to be able to speak with great authority.
    F*ck off Baker 🤪🤪🤪

Of course he is, all this ‘with a bit of research’ business is a load of shite. He’s let on that both he and his boss are Welsh on another thread and, as you say, had views on Harry Redknapp & various football pundits on another thread. He’s Welsh, knows his football yet had to resort to researching to learn of our only World Cup Finals appearance????????? Can’t wait until his obvious appearance in the witness box during the Sala inquest, he’ll sort the buggers out👍
    Now, Am I being called out on being Welsh?
    Now, Am I being called out on having views on Harry Redknapp & various football pundits?

Now having been born quite a few years after the 1958 World Cup I wasn't aware that Wales had got into the closing stages of a World Cup. I was only told that Wales finished second in its group behind Czechoslovakia by my boss. I gather it happened after being drawn into a play-off with Israel after Israel won its group by default because its three opponents, Turkey, Indonesia and Sudan, refused to play. FIFA had imposed a rule that no team would qualify without playing at least one match, something that had happened in several previous World Cups. Wales won the play-off and qualified for the first, and so far only time. With Northern Ireland making its debut, and England and Scotland also qualifying, this World Cup was the only one to feature all four of the United Kingdom's Home Nations.

So, now I am being called out for having tried to be more knowledgeable about Welsh football, by all accounts my boss's father was there to witness every step of the 1958 Welsh Teams World Cup journey

F*ck off Baker ������
    CONFUSED.COM ;-)

Flyer = Pilot
    Well you've either spectacularly missed the point of what I was saying or it's another attempt at a windup. Doesn't matter, all the best to you and I hope you find something more fulfilling in life than making double accounts on internet messageboards and turning someone's death into something to entertain yourself with. You're going on ignore

F*ck off Baker🤪🤪🤪

CONFUSED.COM ;-)
    Ah now, if, as you say, you want to integrate on this messageboard you should be as thorough with your research of it as you were with your Welsh football history research, all would be plain as day then👍 I was born a few years after the City won the FA Cup but I was well aware of it without research. You know your football why pretend otherwise?

Stop bickering and pick your ****ing team

SAME AS YOURS BUT WITH JOHN CHARLES IN THERE SOMEWHERE.

Would Chris Pike be a step too far?

Well you've either spectacularly missed the point of what I was saying or it's another attempt at a windup. Doesn't matter, all the best to you and I hope you find something more fulfilling in life than making double accounts on internet messageboards and turning someone's death into something to entertain yourself with. You're going on ignore
    delmbox,
    You have lost me with the I hope you find something more fulfilling in life than making double accounts on internet messageboards comment?

So, who do you think I am or which account do you think is my other account?

I am a one account, one trip pony

Can ‘One trip pony’ be filed alongside ‘Escaped goat’ ? 😂😂👍

Can ‘One trip pony’ be filed alongside ‘Escaped goat’ ? 😂😂👍
    This board is just full of pre-madonnas