18 Brighton & Hove 36
    19 Fulham 25
    20 Huddersfield 12

Re: PL final table based on the last 8 games

Don't

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Don't
    Quite. That would be a heart attack waiting to happen. It's certainly one for bookmarking and ramming down my throat, so I'll add that this is only a mathematical prediction.

I think it shows one thing - how much of a slump Brighton and Leicester are in. It's not unconceivable that one or both could slip under us.

Leicester already have 32 points. They won't be in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Leicester already have 32 points. They won't be in trouble.
    They shouldn't be in trouble, rather than won't.

Following the tragic death of their owner, they went 5 games unbeaten in the league, winning 2. It's true to say they've won 3 of their last 12 since that 5 game run, but since those remarkable back to back wins over Chelsea and Man City, they've won 4 points from 8 games, or 1 point from the last 6.

Their run in should be straightforward. Brighton (home), Watford (away), Fulham (home), Burnley (away) and Bournemouth (home) are next. If they only win 1 of those, they will be in the mire. Their last 4 games are West Ham (away), Arsenal (home), Chelsea (away), Man City (home). Yes, it would mean them collapsing completely, but they seem on the verge of that anyway.

I have us as having some severe hammerings including a 5 or 6 nil loss to Man U on last day and still going through the predictor have Brighton finishing 1 place and point below us..........

Where do you see us picking up 4 wins and a draw!!!!

Brighton, Southampton, Burnley, Crystal Palace and Newcastle have all taken points off the top 6 and can compete in this league. To get the 4/5 wins that we need, we are going to need 4/5 teams to have an off day against us

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    They shouldn't be in trouble, rather than won't.

Following the tragic death of their owner, they went 5 games unbeaten in the league, winning 2. It's true to say they've won 3 of their last 12 since that 5 game run, but since those remarkable back to back wins over Chelsea and Man City, they've won 4 points from 8 games, or 1 point from the last 6.

Their run in should be straightforward. Brighton (home), Watford (away), Fulham (home), Burnley (away) and Bournemouth (home) are next. If they only win 1 of those, they will be in the mire. Their last 4 games are West Ham (away), Arsenal (home), Chelsea (away), Man City (home). Yes, it would mean them collapsing completely, but they seem on the verge of that anyway.
    Think that theory has now disappeared!

Quote Originally Posted by alan_corneli View Post
    Where do you see us picking up 4 wins and a draw!!!!
    Everton, Brighton, Palace, West Ham

Can't fault your optimism.

Quote Originally Posted by alan_corneli View Post
    Can't fault your optimism.
    I think it's worth remembering that we've kept a clean sheet in a quarter of our games. Keep that going and we'll manage another 3. Pinch a goal in each and there's 3 wins.

The next 5 will probably make or break our season. We've shown we can beat Wolves. West Ham blow hot and cold bubbles. Brighton are in freefall. Everton are in dire form. Chelsea are even beatable at the moment, not saying we will, mind.

Hopefully Fulham will be scrapping for their lives when we go there. Every chance against a poor side.

We've shown we can pinch results, especially late on in games if we keep things tight. It'll be close, but I think sometimes we can be guilty of underestimating how effective this side can be.

I think we will go down.
    We've never really looked like a premier league side, yes we've picked up the odd win, and a couple of other results could have gone our way, but I just can't see it happening.

West Han always beat us, wasn’t the last time we won that Kenny Miller late winner in Malky’s first game?

From our remaining games I honestly see two wins. Brighton and Fulham

I agree with RJK I think that we are the team
    With the least quality in the league
    Other teams will get some results that they should, I’m struggling to see us getting much more.

I think our bubble has burst and we’ll look back on the Watford game as the one where we ran out of emotion and steam

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    I have us as having some severe hammerings including a 5 or 6 nil loss to Man U on last day and still going through the predictor have Brighton finishing 1 place and point below us..........
    Prediction looking good....!!!