+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Player power at Wembley

Re: Player power at Wembley

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It was the only reason why anyone will remember it. Sky spent last week hyping their Sunday fixtures and what did four of the Premier League finest produce? A couple of miserable 0-0 draws that offered more proof that the so called best league in the world is nothing of the sort - we were playing in a better league than the Premier last season!

My own take on it was that Chelsea's ridiculously overpriced goalkeeper was play acting to waste a bit of time, but made too good a job of it - there was nothing wrong with him, so, understandably from his perspective, he didn't want to go off. However, especially given all that he and his team have been through in the last few weeks, Sarri is now even more damaged goods - he was in no win position really yesterday.
    I nearly fell off my chair when the commentator said after extra time how entertaining it’s been for 0-0 I wasted so much of my time yesterday watching 2 shit games of football

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Curious, then, that so many Cardiff City fans were desperate to get into the Premier League and are now desperate to stay there.
    Is it? I think a lot of people (myself included) think that the Championship is a better competition with more excitement and better matches. The premier league leaves me totally cold, the playing field is so uneven and gets worse each season. City aside, I'd rather watch NFL or rugby than the premier league. But that doesn't mean I don't want to see us promoted to it, or survive in it. I want to see us doing as well as possible and sadly in today's football, that means staying in a division that is over-hyped, unbalanced and tedious. It's why I am so supportive of the idea of a breakaway european league. Clear out the super-clubs and leave us with a high-quality domestic league that is far more open than the closed shop we currently have.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Short of picking him up and lifting him off, I'm not sure what Sarri could do?

Chelsea are a basket case, the players have got countless managers sacked and are a law unto themselves. There's a really toxic group of players there and I'm not sure how you cure it.
    It's easy, they need to start culling the troublemakers. Start with the Brazilians, and then work backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Curious, then, that so many Cardiff City fans were desperate to get into the Premier League and are now desperate to stay there.
    Unfortunately we aren't allowed to play in la liga or the bundesliga so it will have to do.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Don't see anything curious about it - football club supporters want their team to be promoted and not be relegated whatever standard they are playing at surely?
    I know you have me on ignore for fear of me continually pointing out hypocrisy of bedroom journalists like you, but you did actually say

"A couple of miserable 0-0 draws that offered more proof that the so called best league in the world is nothing of the sort - we were playing in a better league than the Premier last season!"

Send for Jose it's an age since he had a 15 million pay off for 2 to 3 years work.

Quote Originally Posted by JennyWren View Post
    I know you have me on ignore for fear of me continually pointing out hypocrisy of bedroom journalists like you, but you did actually say

"A couple of miserable 0-0 draws that offered more proof that the so called best league in the world is nothing of the sort - we were playing in a better league than the Premier last season!"
    Bit harsh isn't it? TOBW writes brilliantly about something he's passionate about and a lot of us enjoy it

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Bit harsh isn't it? TOBW writes brilliantly about something he's passionate about and a lot of us enjoy it
    Absolutely why are people so horrible these days , especially as the skills applied by TOBW, far exceed many contributions on this board including myself .