+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Player power at Wembley

Re: Player power at Wembley

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Sarri has backed down, which is not a good look.
    Once again. Even less respect for him now

manager just made himself look like a prat on sky sports... he said it was a cramp misunderstanding... player had a decent game and i felt for him a bit, but undermining the managers decision wow...

Id start him next week and sub him after 30 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Who was Chelsea captain? He's got to be over there telling Kepa to get off surely?
    Azpilicueta - he said after the game that he didn't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Azpilicueta - he said after the game that he didn't see it.
    Joke of a club. Absolute joke. Substitution was clearly planned for last 15 minutes or so. Made sense also.

Sarri and the players just as pathetic as kepa for now backing down.

Any sympathy had for sarri has gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Joke of a club. Absolute joke. Substitution was clearly planned for last 15 minutes or so. Made sense also.

I think Zidane is the only manager who can save them, I can't see him taking any crap from these underachievers.

I think only Zidane can save them.
    Zidane wouldn’t last 2 mins there, after today any decent manager worth their salt wouldn’t touch that club with a barge pole

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Zidane wouldn’t last 2 mins there, after today any decent manager worth their salt wouldn’t touch that club with a barge pole

You don't mess with Zidane, he's a nutter!

Then this happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Chelsea's squad is rotten to the core, Sarri should resign tonight because it's clear as day some of the players have no respect for him
    And walk away from a multi million pound pay off? I very much doubt that anyone would do that.

The Chelsea dressing room is toxic though as we have seen so many times. Rather like Leicester and Man Utd.

Appalling.

You don't mess with Zidane, he's a nutter!
    I was originally thinking of posting this “sorry we can’t field a team today because I’ve ****ing head butted the lot of them”

Loved how Sarri in the middle of it all sat down and wrote himself a note....

Was the tactic discussed and agreed before? It seems like it's major enough to have been.

If so, Kepa is at fault. If not, then it reflects badly on Sarri (although the boss should still be the boss).

Heisenberg

I think Zidane is the only manager who can save them, I can't see him taking any crap from these underachievers.
    What about Lampard?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Shouldn’t the game have been suspended until the change was made? It seems as though the officials were no help to the Chelsea management. Something's got to give at that club, going to be an interesting few days at the Bridge.
    Moss asked Sarri if he wanted to make the sub, Sarri said no, so what more can the ref do?
    Sarri should have said yes and then the ref would make him leave the pitch, if he did not then he would red card him, and he would get a lot more than a one match ban!

No. Laws say if player is called to be subbed and refuses then play continues.

It was Chelseas responsibility to get him off, not the officials.
    Not so, the ref asked Sarri if he wanted to sub the goalie, he said no, if he said yes then it is up to the ref to get him off, red card if required!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Just checked the rules and apparently a player can refuse to leave the pitch.
    not if Sarri wants to sub him and the ref has to get him to leave the pitch

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    It's not up to the ref to complete the substitution though. He could book and then red card the player, but it's not the same as forcing through the substitution.

I think I remember Fabianski refusing to be subbed when he was at the jacks. It doesn't happen often but great entertainment when it does. We won't forget that final in a hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Under the Laws of the Game, the referee has no specific power to force a player to be substituted, even if the team manager or captain has ordered their player to be substituted. As Law 3 (3) Substitution Procedure simply states that: "if a player who is to be replaced refuses to leave, play continues." However, in some situations players may still be liable to punishment with a caution (yellow card) if they are perceived to be time wasting or unsporting behaviour by refusing to leave the field of play.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    It's not up to the ref to complete the substitution though. He could book and then red card the player, but it's not the same as forcing through the substitution.

I think I remember Fabianski refusing to be subbed when he was at the jacks. It doesn't happen often but great entertainment when it does. We won't forget that final in a hurry.
    It was the only reason why anyone will remember it. Sky spent last week hyping their Sunday fixtures and what did four of the Premier League finest produce? A couple of miserable 0-0 draws that offered more proof that the so called best league in the world is nothing of the sort - we were playing in a better league than the Premier last season!

My own take on it was that Chelsea's ridiculously overpriced goalkeeper was play acting to waste a bit of time, but made too good a job of it - there was nothing wrong with him, so, understandably from his perspective, he didn't want to go off. However, especially given all that he and his team have been through in the last few weeks, Sarri is now even more damaged goods - he was in no win position really yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It was the only reason why anyone will remember it. Sky spent last week hyping their Sunday fixtures and what did four of the Premier League finest produce? A couple of miserable 0-0 draws that offered more proof that the so called best league in the world is nothing of the sort - we were playing in a better league than the Premier last season!

My own take on it was that Chelsea's ridiculously overpriced goalkeeper was play acting to waste a bit of time, but made too good a job of it - there was nothing wrong with him, so, understandably from his perspective, he didn't want to go off. However, especially given all that he and his team have been through in the last few weeks, Sarri is now even more damaged goods - he was in no win position really yesterday.

I think it was a genuine tactical substitution and not due to the cramp pretence. Caballero had been at Man City before joining Chelsea so that might give some psychological advantage from having spent years doing penalties during training.

As I said above, if that was the intention for a shootout and they hadn't told Kepa then responsibility lies with management as well.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Curious, then, that so many Cardiff City fans were desperate to get into the Premier League and are now desperate to stay there.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    What about Lampard?
    Nah, the situation has deteriated rapidly and a nutter is what is required now. Someone has got to sort out these prima donnas, and Zidane has the stature to clean house and lay down the law. Lampard would be useful if they got rid of everybody and there was an emphasis placed on young talent during any rebuilding process. Either way it's not looking good at Chelsea, Sarri was totally the wrong appointment in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Curious, then, that so many Cardiff City fans were desperate to get into the Premier League and are now desperate to stay there.
    Don't see anything curious about it - football club supporters want their team to be promoted and not be relegated whatever standard they are playing at surely?

Short of picking him up and lifting him off, I'm not sure what Sarri could do?

Chelsea are a basket case, the players have got countless managers sacked and are a law unto themselves. There's a really toxic group of players there and I'm not sure how you cure it.