+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why are there so many false names on the Message Board?

Re: Why are there so many false names on the Message Board?

What is a 'false name'?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    All of this was posted on the PPRUNE website hours and days after the crash. I could have repeated it on here, but I decided to stick to the known facts such as the weather, the descent to 2,300ft and the lack of a mayday call. Some people on here called me a know-it-all who thinks he knows everything.They must have some serious problems when it comes to understanding the difference between facts and speculation. I think people just want to believe what they think is true, even if there is no basis in fact for those beliefs
    Wales Bales,
    I am impressed that you seem to have a modicum of knowledge about Pprune..... I have been accused of being you I don't know who should be more upset about that? Me or You

I have avoided speculation & succinctly stuck to facts..... it should be stated that Pprune is a short moniker for ProfessionalPilotsRumourNetwork so if you want to read Speculation that has been mixed into the facts that is the place to go

Anyway the AAIB interim report will be getting released today & then all the naysayers can eat 'humble pie'
    I haven't seen your posts on the Sala accident where you mention the known facts such as the weather, the descent to 2,300ft and the lack of a mayday call. (maybe in the melee I have but it didn't stick out like a sore thumb ).

Some people on here are quite confrontational and have called me out on quite a few aspects of what I post, so I find it very easy to comprehend why they would class you as " a know-it-all who thinks he knows everything "

I don't know whether you have any aviation background, nor does it really matter I can sit comfortably knowing that everything I have stated/posted/implied is 100% factual without any speculation attached ( implied is personal opinion based on known facts, lets see how much my ramblings differ from what the AAIB release? )

When I am proven to have only stated Aviation facts on this fateful flight I will not gloat, it is actually a subject that whilst needing discussed I would much prefer not to be having this debate..... I would have rather be having a conversation with Dave Ibbotson where he could have been guided on the error of his ways.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    You do seem to spend a lot of time on here despite not being a football fan.
    I am on here despite not being a football fan simply because I am involved in the aviation industry & my only interest is in the Sala Flight matters.

My boss is heavily involved in Aviation & whilst he would have come onto this messageboard and stated facts he chose not to on the basis that he wants to stay out of the debate as it could compromise him & his identity or rather his father's identity would certainly be known to anyone who isn't a Plastic Taff.

I haven't been following the plot too closely. Why is flyer's boss important to the story?

Short Moniker . Cool false name.

A.G.R.O.N.Y.M. ...... Another.

Wales Bales....... nearly 12500 posts is impressive
    I am guessing that is why so many posters think you are " a know-it-all who thinks he knows everything "

It makes my 70 odd posts a paltry amount & I doubt I will pass the 125 posts mark as the Sala flight subject will soon be a distant memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyer46 View Post
    Wales Bales,
    I am impressed that you seem to have a modicum of knowledge about Pprune..... I have been accused of being you I don't know who should be more upset about that? Me or You

I have avoided speculation & succinctly stuck to facts..... it should be stated that Pprune is a short moniker for ProfessionalPilotsRumourNetwork so if you want to read Speculation that has been mixed into the facts that is the place to go

Anyway the AAIB interim report will be getting released today & then all the naysayers can eat 'humble pie'
    I haven't seen your posts on the Sala accident where you mention the known facts such as the weather, the descent to 2,300ft and the lack of a mayday call. (maybe in the melee I have but it didn't stick out like a sore thumb ).

Some people on here are quite confrontational and have called me out on quite a few aspects of what I post, so I find it very easy to comprehend why they would class you as " a know-it-all who thinks he knows everything "

I don't know whether you have any aviation background, nor does it really matter I can sit comfortably knowing that everything I have stated/posted/implied is 100% factual without any speculation attached ( implied is personal opinion based on known facts, lets see how much my ramblings differ from what the AAIB release? )

When I am proven to have only stated Aviation facts on this fateful flight I will not gloat, it is actually a subject that whilst needing discussed I would much prefer not to be having this debate..... I would have rather be having a conversation with Dave Ibbotson where he could have been guided on the error of his ways.
    There were first hand accounts regarding the pilots flying status posted on PPRUNE from people who knew of him, but I just kept to the stuff that was already verified by the Jersey Air Traffic Control, Channel Islands Met data, and statements from the air accident inverstigators. However, I was still told that I shouldn't be guessing, and we should wait for the official accident investigion report!

Wales Bales,

" a know-it-all who thinks he knows everything "

...... wouldn’t really be a know it all otherwise😂

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    " a know-it-all who thinks he knows everything "

...... wouldn’t really be a know it all otherwise��
    Always use repetition for effect

Wales Bales....... nearly 12500 posts is impressive
    I am guessing that is why so many posters think you are " a know-it-all who thinks he knows everything "

It makes my 70 odd posts a paltry amount & I doubt I will pass the 125 posts mark as the Sala flight subject will soon be a distant memory.
    There is a team of six people operating this account

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I haven't been following the plot too closely. Why is flyer's boss important to the story?
    He isn't important in this actual story, he was only mentioned because I was 'called out' on a few things & asked " Why am I on here? "

He is the son of a Famous Welsh sportsman who in his younger years spent way too much time around Football stadiums & being bored shitless by the whole exposure to sports that he had no interest in.

He went into aviation out of choice & was backed by his father so whilst he is very proud of his fathers achievements, his father was very proud that he went out on his own to carve a career for himself.

So, he isn't important in football circles but his father's name still opens doors for him in sporting circles.

He isn't important in this actual story, he was only mentioned because I was 'called out' on a few things & asked " Why am I on here? "

He is the son of a Famous Welsh sportsman who in his younger years spent way too much time around Football stadiums & being bored shitless by the whole exposure to sports that he had no interest in.

He went into aviation out of choice & was backed by his father so whilst he is very proud of his fathers achievements, his father was very proud that he went out on his own to carve a career for himself.

So, he isn't important in football circles but his father's name still opens doors for him in sporting circles.
    It sounds like an episode of Through the Keyhole

Nice, we could get a spin-off out of that

I have enjoyed Flyer 46's posts but to ask the question why there are so many false names and then hide behind his is just plain daft.

It sounds like an episode of Through the Keyhole
    That is funny My boss chuckled at that He did just tell me that his father has appeared on a Question of Sport but never Through the Keyhole

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I have enjoyed Flyer 46's posts but to ask the question why there are so many false names and then hide behind his is just plain daft.
    I am not hiding behind a false name I am pretty open in having disclosed that I am a pilot who fly's the same type of aircraft as the accident aircraft ( I fly other types as well but the 46 is the model number of the type Sala was in so I used it in my moniker ).

Names like B.Oddie, Jeremy Corbyn, J.R. Hartley & Pedro De La Rosa are obviously false names as I doubt the real people would be on this forum.

I am amazed that someone thought I was Rhodri Giggs

A pilot who doesn’t know the difference between flies and fly’s ?

Heisenberg

I am amazed that someone thought I was Rhodri Giggs
    Oh... Wow. You thought I was being serious.

Serious question time... Do you know if it's possible for somebody with Asperger's or autism to be able to become a pilot?

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

Serious question time... Do you know if it's possible for somebody with Asperger's or autism to be able to become a pilot?
    Yes you can I know a few pilots with Asperger's or autism..... Diabetes is also openly accepted at the private pilot level.

I am posting a link seeing as you are asking a serious question & I am more than happy to share aviation knowledge when a serious question is asked https://aviation.stackexchange.com/q...osis-in-europe

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

Gary Numan is one well-known pilot who has Asperger's.

Heisenberg

Gary Numan is one well-known pilot who has Asperger's.
    I thought he was famous for cars...

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    A pilot who doesn’t know the difference between flies and fly’s ?
    https://writingexplained.org/flys-or-flies-difference

Yet again I have been 'called out' on a silly error.
    It is laughable really so lets all sit down & sing "Kum ba yah" ("Come by Here") around the campfire.

Off now to await the official release of the AAIB Report at 1400hrs

Will be back online this evening to see how it was received by you all

https://writingexplained.org/flys-or-flies-difference

Yet again I have been 'called out' on a silly error.
    It is laughable really so lets all sit down & sing "Kum ba yah" ("Come by Here") around the campfire.

Off now to await the official release of the AAIB Report at 1400hrs

Will be back online this evening to see how it was received by you all
    Don't you think it was equally silly to raise this matter in the first place? The name flyer46 (even though it should be flier) is as much a false name as some of the others you have mentioned. It is not usual for people on message boards to use their real names just as you have.

That aside I shall be reading the report at 1400hrs but from the information you have provided I can't see how the agent is as culpable as you think he is as he asked a third party to make the arrangements. Let's see.

That is funny My boss chuckled at that He did just tell me that his father has appeared on a Question of Sport but never Through the Keyhole
    My boss fancies your boss. Pass it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Don't you think it was equally silly to raise this matter in the first place? The name flyer46 (even though it should be flier) is as much a false name as some of the others you have mentioned. It is not usual for people on message boards to use their real names just as you have.

That aside I shall be reading the report at 1400hrs but from the information you have provided I can't see how the agent is as culpable as you think he is as he asked a third party to make the arrangements. Let's see.
    I thought it meant he stands on Queen Street badgering people.