Click here for Cardiff City personalised gift shop
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 129

Thread: AAIB INTERIM REPORT

  1. #91

    Re: AAIB INTERIM REPORT

    Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    The crash certainly has relevance to the owner[s] though. There is £500k worth of plane at the bottom of the ocean and sooner or later someone will put an insurance claim in. If the pilot wasn't qualified to fly the plane in those circumstances then yet another can of worms is opened. If I allow someone without a licence to drive my car and they write it off, I am not insured...
    That Malibu when in good condition was possibly worth about £250k... my opinion having seen the actual aircraft a few months before the accident would have been the owners would have struggled to get £175k for it.
    It was a 'tired looking aircraft'

  2. #92

    Re: AAIB INTERIM REPORT

    Quote Originally Posted by Flyer46 View Post
    I would assume any educated person to be intelligent enough to realise that if I wrote something I had read it also

    Now, this is getting to be a bit daft where anyone who doesn't seem to be normal is 'called out'...... So now I am Wales-Bales, Duggie, Baker, Uncle Tom Cobley, a 12yr old schoolkid & who I actually am

    Maybe I will be accused of being Willie McKay next or could I actually be Dave Henderson just keeping tabs on all of you lot?

    Duggie will be impressed that I have morphed into him now
    I pm'd a few things to Duggie because he seems to be a 'wise old owl' & to be honest I was getting just a bit tired of being accused of speculating when I had hard facts to back up my statements so he was the recipient to get given privy information just so he could state I wasn't 'cuckoo'

    Now, you are 'calling out' my boss as a complete tosser I have stated that he has no real interest in football, but even with that statement I am sure his family has put more into football than you have & most likely he has still put more into football than you ever could & he hates the game.

    I will ask him if He will throw down a gauntlet to you where you can pick a Stadium & the pair of you can see who gets the better treatment by the Stadium staff? Chances are he will get recognised instantly & the staff will ask you " Who the f#ck are you "
    or
    Shall we make it more interesting where both of you can request a meet up with Warnock & see who gets the meet & who gets told to " F#ck off "

    My boss's identity will remain hidden until you decide on what to do now the glove is in the dust

    If McKay gets his 'open meeting' with the CCFC hierachy where the pap's get to cover the 'showdown' you can be sure my boss will be there to watch the hoedown.
    LOL

  3. #93

    Re: AAIB INTERIM REPORT

    Quote Originally Posted by Flyer46 View Post
    My boss is surprisingly chilled with me spending so much time chatting on here because I am in the office or in the air morning,noon & night.
    As long as I put in my 1,920 hours per annum either in the office or the air he seems to be very chilled about what I do with the other 6,840hrs of the year. Based on the fact that over the last 12 months I have given my boss 3,120hrs he cuts me some 'slack'
    3120 hrs ? How much “in the air” ? That’s a very interesting Flight time limitation scheme you work to.....................

  4. #94

    Re: AAIB INTERIM REPORT

    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Bluebird View Post
    3120 hrs ? How much “in the air” ? That’s a very interesting Flight time limitation scheme you work to.....................
    Flyer will be pleased he’s got another pilot to chat to.

  5. #95

    Re: AAIB INTERIM REPORT

    Quote Originally Posted by Flyer46 View Post
    The PA46 Malibu range nearly all have FIKI ( Flight Into Known Icing ) capabilities. I believe N264DB had de-icing boots on the leading edges of the wings & leading edge of tailplane & also the leading edges of the elevator ( highlighted in yellow boxes )
    Attachment 2922
    These are hydraulically inflated to break off Ice build on these surfaces ( if they have a pin hole or leak, they fail to work )

    It is not known (by me) if they were serviceable on N264DB or whether the pilot understood the procedure to use them correctly

    The engine in the PA46 Malibu is a fuel injected engine so carb icing isn't an issue.

    My assumptions on the erratic decrease, increase, decrease in altitude are one of two scenarios:
    (1) The pitot head froze up & instruments failed to function correctly, thereby the pilot chasing the needles was fighting to keep what he thought was level flight
    (2) He got Spatially disorientated & just simply lost control & was pulling & pushing at the controls trying to regain level flight.
    Hydraulically inflated de icing boots ?

    If as you are claiming that you are a PA46 pilot you may want to brush up on your systems knowledge and avoid Flying in icing conditions for the time being

  6. #96

    Re: AAIB INTERIM REPORT

    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Bluebird View Post
    Hydraulically operated de icing boots ?

    If as you are claiming that you are a PA46 pilot you may want to brush up on your systems knowledge and avoid Flying in icing conditions for the time being

  7. #97

    Re: AAIB INTERIM REPORT

    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Bluebird View Post
    3120 hrs ? How much “in the air” ? That’s a very interesting Flight time limitation scheme you work to.....................
    RTFM What part of "As long as I put in my 1,920 hours per annum either in the office or the air " didn't you understand?

    40hrs per week = 1920hrs over 48weeks
    The 40hr week can be made up of office hours or flying hours or sitting on my rear waiting for whatever

  8. #98

    Re: AAIB INTERIM REPORT

    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Bluebird View Post
    Hydraulically inflated de icing boots ?

    If as you are claiming that you are a PA46 pilot you may want to brush up on your systems knowledge and avoid Flying in icing conditions for the time being
    I don't need to brush up on my systems knowledge and avoid Flying in icing conditions for the time being, I am fully aware that I should have said pneumatic, when doing quite a few things at the same time I am not infallible & posting on here is in spare moments when I am not exactly focusing on this board but a 'calling out' appears & I answer 'half cocked' because there are so many naysayers on this messageboard.

    I know the PA46 Systems well, if the deceased pilot knew them he would probably still be alive today..... I do know that the deceased pilot hadn't even looked at the POH so I guess that is testament to RTFM being a good way to stay alive.

  9. #99

    Re: AAIB INTERIM REPORT

    Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Flyer will be pleased he’s got another pilot to chat to.
    I would rather be exchanging messages with Dave Ibbotson than with SHB ( who seems to be ' late to the party ' on anything )

  10. #100

    Re: AAIB INTERIM REPORT

    Quote Originally Posted by Flyer46 View Post
    RTFM What part of "As long as I put in my 1,920 hours per annum either in the office or the air " didn't you understand?

    40hrs per week = 1920hrs over 48weeks
    The 40hr week can be made up of office hours or flying hours or sitting on my rear waiting for whatever
    And i asked the question what FTL scheme if any do,you operate to ?.

    Also what register is the PA46 you allege to operate on ? and under what category ?
    Private or Public transport ?
    Curious also to know what licence you hold ?

  11. #101

    Re: AAIB INTERIM REPORT

    Quote Originally Posted by Flyer46 View Post
    I don't need to brush up on my systems knowledge and avoid Flying in icing conditions for the time being, I am fully aware that I should have said pneumatic, when doing quite a few things at the same time I am not infallible & posting on here is in spare moments when I am not exactly focusing on this board but a 'calling out' appears & I answer 'half cocked' because there are so many naysayers on this messageboard.

    I know the PA46 Systems well, if the deceased pilot knew them he would probably still be alive today..... I do know that the deceased pilot hadn't even looked at the POH so I guess that is testament to RTFM being a good way to stay alive.
    You should have said pneumatic but didn’t despite going on say that they don’t work if they have a “Pin Hole” or a leak.

    I guess google is a close friend of yours ......

  12. #102

    Re: AAIB INTERIM REPORT

    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Bluebird View Post
    You should have said pneumatic but didn’t despite going on say that they don’t work if they have a “Pin Hole” or a leak.

    I guess google is a close friend of yours ......
    Good work....

  13. #103

    Re: AAIB INTERIM REPORT

    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Bluebird View Post
    And i asked the question what FTL scheme if any do,you operate to ?.

    Also what register is the PA46 you allege to operate on ? and under what category ?
    Private or Public transport ?
    Curious also to know what licence you hold ?
    We operate our PA46 in full compliance to CAP1267 & 1268 with special attention to FTL 205(a)
    We operate our PA46 in the Public Transport category
    I operate our PA46 on a CPL/IR

    Now, I have answered your questions, I am equally curious to know what licence you hold & what your day to day hack is ?

  14. #104

    Re: AAIB INTERIM REPORT

    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Bluebird View Post
    You should have said pneumatic but didn’t despite going on say that they don’t work if they have a “Pin Hole” or a leak.

    I guess google is a close friend of yours ......
    I am now bored of the 'nitpicking' & brownie point scoring so I will await your reply to what you fly & on what licence to determine whether there is any point in conversing with you? I find people like Wales-Bales more interesting than you ( but then I would seeing as I am allegedly him )

  15. #105

    Re: AAIB INTERIM REPORT

    Quote Originally Posted by Flyer46 View Post
    We operate our PA46 in full compliance to CAP1267 & 1268 with special attention to FTL 205(a)
    We operate our PA46 in the Public Transport category
    I operate our PA46 on a CPL/IR

    Now, I have answered your questions, I am equally curious to know what licence you hold & what your day to day hack is ?
    That’s interesting is it the turbine model ? And I take it you fly it single crew ?

    EASA ATPL HOLDER , Current Airbus A320 Captain FYI

  16. #106

    Re: AAIB INTERIM REPORT

    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Bluebird View Post
    That’s interesting is it the turbine model ? And I take it you fly it single crew ?

    EASA ATPL HOLDER , Current Airbus A320 Captain FYI
    Currently 500TP & it is sometimes single crew & sometimes multi crew.
    Possibly looking to upgrade to the M600 or PC12NG in a year or so.

    Not quite in the Airbus league, so hats are doffed to you

  17. #107

    Re: AAIB INTERIM REPORT

    This is not good news ( never is a death good news ) for the Ibbotson family, I genuinely hope that the body does get located as the family do deserve closure. This is probably the most devastating news to the family as the search now will be a 'needle in a haystack'

    Personally I hope the wreckage is now retrieved as it must hold some clues & god forbid the pilots body is trapped under the aircraft on the seabed.

    Supposition is IMHO that it spun into the sea but I will stress that is non proven & only an opinion based on data seen.

    dm.jpg

  18. #108

    Re: AAIB INTERIM REPORT

    Quote Originally Posted by Flyer46 View Post
    We operate our PA46 in full compliance to CAP1267 & 1268 with special attention to FTL 205(a)
    We operate our PA46 in the Public Transport category
    I operate our PA46 on a CPL/IR

    Now, I have answered your questions, I am equally curious to know what licence you hold & what your day to day hack is ?
    Without wanting to nitpick but CAP 1267 & 1268 are just CAA publications which refer to the introduction of EASA ORO.FTL.100 legislation from Feb 2016.

    If as say you do you fly this aircraft single crew or multi crew on an AOC where the largest aircraft has less than 19 seats then I seem to remember you are exempt from this legislation.

    You may want to tell your boss

    Also FTL 205(a) doesn’t apply to single crew ops , as you are still under UK CAA CAP 371 rules.

  19. #109

    Re: AAIB INTERIM REPORT

    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Bluebird View Post
    Without wanting to nitpick but CAP 1267 & 1268 are just CAA publications which refer to the introduction of EASA ORO.FTL.100 legislation from Feb 2016.

    If as say you do you fly this aircraft single crew or multi crew on an AOC where the largest aircraft has less than 19 seats then I seem to remember you are exempt from this legislation.

    You may want to tell your boss

    Also FTL 205(a) doesn’t apply to single crew ops , as you are still under UK CAA CAP 371 rules.
    Complying to something that isn't mandatory is a safety net we use, so whilst I don't see your message as nitpicking I don't feel it is productive for me/us to continue discussing aviation procedures or protocol because the footie fans are getting a tad peeved by incessant posting of aviation stuff because it falls into non footie stuff as far as they are concerned.

  20. #110

    Re: AAIB INTERIM REPORT

    Quote Originally Posted by Flyer46 View Post
    Complying to something that isn't mandatory is a safety net we use, so whilst I don't see your message as nitpicking I don't feel it is productive for me/us to continue discussing aviation procedures or protocol because the footie fans are getting a tad peeved by incessant posting of aviation stuff because it falls into non footie stuff as far as they are concerned.
    I've never noticed anybody getting peeved by SHB's posts on here tbh.

  21. #111

    Re: AAIB INTERIM REPORT

    Quote Originally Posted by Flyer46 View Post
    Complying to something that isn't mandatory is a safety net we use, so whilst I don't see your message as nitpicking I don't feel it is productive for me/us to continue discussing aviation procedures or protocol because the footie fans are getting a tad peeved by incessant posting of aviation stuff because it falls into non footie stuff as far as they are concerned.
    No do please carry on. Sky High Bluebird has been providing our aviation feedback on both of the recent tragedies relating to football & aviation. He's certainly not late to the party and has commented on the Sala tragedy from the first day.

    Speaking on behalf of footie fans any diversion from the last couple of performances is welcome.

    Fill your boots.

  22. #112

    Re: AAIB INTERIM REPORT

    Quote Originally Posted by Flyer46 View Post
    Complying to something that isn't mandatory is a safety net we use, so whilst I don't see your message as nitpicking I don't feel it is productive for me/us to continue discussing aviation procedures or protocol because the footie fans are getting a tad peeved by incessant posting of aviation stuff because it falls into non footie stuff as far as they are concerned.
    I find that hard to believe given the ridiculous costs involved.

    I think given your “knowledge” on all things aviation it’s best you stick to football .......

  23. #113

    Re: AAIB INTERIM REPORT

    Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I've never noticed anybody getting peeved by SHB's posts on here tbh.
    Me neither. SHB has always provided good educational and balanced insight.

    Regarding the other cretin, who in their right mind would be prepared to accuse people of killing other people on a football message board ffs?

  24. #114

    Re: AAIB INTERIM REPORT

    Flyer46. I have stated all along that I have valued your posts relating to aspects of the flight but I must admit that some of your allegations relating in particular to the agent have been potentially off the mark for the present at least and I suggest you quit making comments that could get you into trouble later on. However, since the AAIB report was published, your posts have become increasingly bizarre. Normally you should not get into an argument with people who disagree with you as it's simply not worth it as one minor disagreement can mushroom into something much bigger. But when you start calling people uneducated and moronic and then bigging yourself and your infamous boss up, coupled with the fact you have replied to so many comments, only encourages people to goad you even more. Just stick to aviation matters would be my advice. And if you are who you say you are this shouldn't be too difficult.

  25. #115

    Re: AAIB INTERIM REPORT

    Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Flyer46. I have stated all along that I have valued your posts relating to aspects of the flight but I must admit that some of your allegations relating in particular to the agent have been potentially off the mark for the present at least and I suggest you quit making comments that could get you into trouble later on. However, since the AAIB report was published, your posts have become increasingly bizarre. Normally you should not get into an argument with people who disagree with you as it's simply not worth it as one minor disagreement can mushroom into something much bigger. But when you start calling people uneducated and moronic and then bigging yourself and your infamous boss up, coupled with the fact you have replied to so many comments, only encourages people to goad you even more. Just stick to aviation matters would be my advice. And if you are who you say you are this shouldn't be too difficult.
    Vindec, Duly noted & your advice makes perfect sense I am who I say I am and my boss is exactly what I say he is.

  26. #116

    Re: AAIB INTERIM REPORT

    Quote Originally Posted by Flyer46 View Post
    Complying to something that isn't mandatory is a safety net we use, so whilst I don't see your message as nitpicking I don't feel it is productive for me/us to continue discussing aviation procedures or protocol because the footie fans are getting a tad peeved by incessant posting of aviation stuff because it falls into non footie stuff as far as they are concerned.
    The hole is getting bigger and bigger, post by post. You came on here disparaging others with less intelligence than you and with an inferior education to you - and then tried to dismiss someone, a regular on here with considerable gravitas, before learning than he who knows more about aviation than you do.

  27. #117

    Re: AAIB INTERIM REPORT

    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    The hole is getting bigger and bigger, post by post. You came on here disparaging others with less intelligence than you and with an inferior education to you - and then tried to dismiss someone, a regular on here with considerable gravitas, before learning than he who knows more about aviation than you do.
    Did I not say to SHB " I doff my hat to you? "

    The trouble with having posters with 'monikers' is you just don't know who you are actually chatting to?

    There are probably quite a lot of regulars on here with considerable gravitas, you really don't know who or what the next person is?

    For all you know one of the 'monikers' could be John Hartson or even Neil Warnock so I have learnt today that it is wiser to see the cut of the person before 'cutting them down'

  28. #118

    Re: AAIB INTERIM REPORT

    Quote Originally Posted by Flyer46 View Post
    Did I not say to SHB " I doff my hat to you? "
    Prior to your comment above you replied to SHB as follows: "I find people like Wales-Bales more interesting than you ( but then I would seeing as I am allegedly him )"

    Well, guess what, SHB's posts have always been interesting (and still are) but you tried your patronising attitude yet again and came very much unstuck! Only afterwards did you adjust your position. Fool yourself by all means.

  29. #119

    Re: AAIB INTERIM REPORT

    Quote Originally Posted by Flyer46 View Post
    Did I not say to SHB " I doff my hat to you? "

    The trouble with having posters with 'monikers' is you just don't know who you are actually chatting to?

    There are probably quite a lot of regulars on here with considerable gravitas, you really don't know who or what the next person is?

    For all you know one of the 'monikers' could be John Hartson or even Neil Warnock so I have learnt today that it is wiser to see the cut of the person before 'cutting them down'
    I've stayed out of this and let you all get on with it but am I right in thinking that you are slamming people who use 'monikers' when you use a 'moniker' yourself.

    Seems a lot of your credibility has been lost, and it's everyone else's fault

  30. #120

    Re: AAIB INTERIM REPORT

    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Prior to your comment above you replied to SHB as follows: "I find people like Wales-Bales more interesting than you ( but then I would seeing as I am allegedly him )"

    Well, guess what, SHB's posts have always been interesting (and still are) but you tried your patronising attitude yet again and came very much unstuck! Only afterwards did you adjust your position. Fool yourself by all means.
    I did indeed say "I find people like Wales-Bales more interesting than you ( but then I would seeing as I am allegedly him )" & at the point of posting that I did think Wales-Bales was a more interesting type of person. Everyone can with a bit of insight be enlightened.
    I still think Wales-Bales is a quite interesting character, but I am aware some of you have differing opinions on him ( everyone to their own eh ! )

    Knowing what a 'Blue Genie' is, I am guessing you might be a quite interesting character as well, well it depends on whether you are the Sexual predilections type of ' Blue Genie ' who goes for Sordid personal experiences or the pill popping type of ' Blue Genie ' ?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •