Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
I have stated previously that I have found your posts to be of interest. However, the report is not nearly as sensational as you have previously implied. There is nothing about colour blindness of the pilot, nothing about Henderson giving the flight to Ibbotson or the fact that Henderson's credit card was used to pay Ibbotson's hotel accommodation and flight expenses such as landing fees at Nantes as well as fuel for the flight.

Neither is there anything about Henderson lodging the original flight plan or anything in the report that would warrant your belief that Henderson and McKay would be shaking in their boots (or words to that effect) when the report is released. Indeed there is absolutely nothing to incriminate either Henderson or McKay and ,on first reading, they are not implicated at all. Of course these matters might be investigated further when the other reports are released. Another point is the licensing ratings of Ibbotson which do not appear to have been fully investigated by the AAIB as the report states emphatically that:

"The pilot had an FAA PPL issued on the basis of his EASA PPL. His logbook and licence
were not recovered from the aircraft, and the ratings on his licences and their validity
dates have not yet been established."

One thing is for sure and that is the legal ramifications of the flight will not be concluded for a very long time.

Again I state I have enjoyed your posts but you too must be disappointed that it failed to fully justify all your conclusions.
Vindec, I am not disappointed by the AAIB Interim Report.... I will be disappointed if the Full report isn't a more concise document that covers everything already known & what is still being investigated

AIR ACCIDENTS INVESTIGATION BRANCH BRIEFING NOTE
Information
We investigate civil aircraft accidents and serious incidents in the United Kingdom.

Intent
We improve aviation safety by determining the circumstances and causes of air accidents and serious incidents, and promoting action to prevent reoccurrence.
We are a “stand-alone” branch of the Department for Transport and are completely separate from the Civil Aviation Authority. The Chief Inspector of Air Accidents is responsible directly to the Secretary of State for Transport.
We are responsible for ensuring that the UK complies with its national and international statutory obligations for air accident investigation.
WE DO NOT APPORTION BLAME
OR LIABILITY.
I think this is why in the Interim report there is absolutely nothing to incriminate either Henderson or McKay and ,on first reading, they are not implicated at all, the further investigations being made will be looking at the flight organisers with a fine tooth comb. You will notice that the AAIB haven't apportioned blame or liability on the pilot either, but they have stated facts that allow the readers of the interim report to draw their own conclusions