+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mark Hollis

Mark Hollis

The wonderful lead singer of the brilliant Talk Talk has passed away at just 64. He had a fabulous voice and the band were so ridiculously under-rated. Rest in peace Mark and thank you for some fabulous records which I still play today and will continue to do until the day I die.

Re: Mark Hollis

Sad, I saw Talk Talk in Germany in 85 and to this day they are the best I’ve ever seen live in concert.

Sad news. Talk Talk were truly a band that evolved, but their catchy commercial stuff and more experimental later albums are all enjoyable.

Such a shame

Talk Talk were great and his solo album is good too. Hollis had retired from the music industry without fanfare and I liked the way he didn't feel any need to explain himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Talk Talk were great and his solo album is good too. Hollis had retired from the music industry without fanfare and I liked the way he didn't feel any need to explain himself.

Sad news. As Pearcey says, very under-rated. Colour of Sping was beautiful. Still listen to them a fair bit to this day. Wish I'd seen them live.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    Sad news. As Pearcey says, very under-rated. Colour of Sping was beautiful. Still listen to them a fair bit to this day. Wish I'd seen them live.
    I wished I had seen them live too Pete. I’ve got Colour of Spring to play tomorrow night.