Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 3 EVERTON. Match thread

FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 3 EVERTON. Match thread

Tuesday 26th February, 7:45pm.

Referee: Kevin Friend
    Assistants: Matthew Wilkes, Adrian Holmes
    Fourth official: Andre Marriner

Opta Stats

• Cardiff have won just one of their last 11 meetings with Everton in all competitions (D4 L6), winning 1-0 in a League Cup match in September 1979.
    • Everton have won just one of their last 12 top-flight away games against Cardiff (D4 L7), and are winless in their last six. Their last such victory there was in March 1929 (2-0).
    • Everton are looking to do the league double over Cardiff for the first time since 1928-29.
    • Cardiff have never won a midweek Premier League game (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday), drawing three and losing six. They've scored just two goals in those nine games and have conceded at least twice in each defeat.
    • Cardiff have conceded more home Premier League goals than any other side this season (28), conceding five times on three separate occasions (0-5 v Man City, 1-5 v Man Utd, 1-5 v Watford).
    • Everton have lost their last three Premier League games. They've not lost four in a row since January 2015 under Roberto Martinez.
    • Cardiff defender Sol Bamba has scored in each of his last two Premier League games, scoring twice. He has four goals this season, a joint-league-high for the Bluebirds along with Bobby Reid and Callum Paterson.
    • Marco Silva has won an average of 1.22 Premier League points per game as Everton manager, the worst ratio of any Toffees manager since Walter Smith, who departed the club in March 2002 with a 1.15 ratio.
    • Neil Warnock has never lost a home match against Everton in all competitions (P3 W1 D2 L0), avoiding defeat with Notts County in March 1992 (0-0), Sheffield United in March 2007 (1-1) and Leeds United in September 2012 (2-1).

Re: CARDIFF CITY v EVERTON. Match thread

Warnock will put out another stupid team.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Warnock will put out another stupid team.
    I really ****ing hope not. Where does Paterson start today? Lone striker? Winger? Sweeper? Goalie?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I really ****ing hope not. Where does Paterson start today? Lone striker? Winger? Sweeper? Goalie?
    F Uck knows.
    All I ask for is a better balanced and organised team. No reason why we can't get a draw at least.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I generally don’t have a problem with Patterson, I think he has been involved for all our wins so obviously he works to some extent but I understand why people might be fed up with him. Gunnarsson has to come back in though, and Reid and hopefully Peltier, just give him some laxatives for ****s sake.

Warnocks loyalty to Morrison is going to get us relegated. He is piss poor, and clearly puts Bruno on edge.

Team tonight (I think, not want)

Etheridge

Manga
    Morrison
    Bamba
    Bennett

Gunnar
    Bacuna
    Reid

NML
    Zohore
    Hoilett

I generally don’t have a problem with Patterson, I think he has been involved for all our wins so obviously he works to some extent but I understand why people might be fed up with him. Gunnarsson has to come back in though, and Reid and hopefully Peltier, just give him some laxatives for ****s sake.

Warnocks loyalty to Morrison is going to get us relegated. He is piss poor, and clearly puts Bruno on edge.

Team tonight (I think, not want)

Etheridge

Manga
    Morrison
    Bamba
    Bennett

Gunnar
    Bacuna
    Reid

NML
    Zohore
    Hoilett
    Like I posted on another thread team selection is a lottery at the moment. I tend to agree that Morrie will start with Manga at rb.
    I just hope whatever team he puts out starts positively against an out of form Everton who haven't played for almost 3weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Like I posted on another thread team selection is a lottery at the moment. I tend to agree that Morrie will start with Manga at rb.
    I just hope whatever team he puts out starts positively against an out of form Everton who haven't played for almost 3weeks.
    Agreed. I would also like to see us not having more than one player man marking. Would rather none. How ****ing hard is it for Warnock to see that man marking against teams with players A) Much better than our own, and B) Enjoy playing off the ball, just does not work. Even Everton, as poor as they have been will take us to pieces if we persist with multiple man marking. Two banks of four will do the job Neil, don't over complicate the matter. I suspect that is half the reason Morrison has been so average this season.

Agreed. I would also like to see us not having more than one player man marking. Would rather none. How ****ing hard is it for Warnock to see that man marking against teams with players A) Much better than our own, and B) Enjoy playing off the ball, just does not work. Even Everton, as poor as they have been will take us to pieces if we persist with multiple man marking. Two banks of four will do the job Neil, don't over complicate the matter. I suspect that is half the reason Morrison has been so average this season.
    I agree with you about 442 but they played that way much of last season so doubt they'll change now. Difference is far better players in prem.
    Everton fans very downbeat about this game. Expect Morrie or Paterson to score!

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    I agree with you about 442 but they played that way much of last season so doubt they'll change now. Difference is far better players in prem.
    Everton fans very downbeat about this game. Expect Morrie or Paterson to score!
    Morrison winner, imagine I do feel for him to be fair, the man marking system clearly only really suits a few of them. Which is the step up of course, but even then we're not that great at it. In fact, I think Peltier might be the best man marker at the club, which is incredible considering I really did not rate him a month ago, and now I think he should be a lock to go back in at right back after those performances against Arsenal, Bmouth and Soton. Still, the man marking at this level is silly, especially the extent he likes to do it. Do it tonight and it will be another heavy defeat.

I see Junior is active on Twitter today. Expect him to play. Zohore normally announces himself as well but he is very quiet. Hope it's not Patterson up top!

Mix it up tonight. Plenty of changes.

Anyone else think Camarasa has downed tools?

Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

Plenty of changes.

Fair Do's. Some battlers in there. Arsa obviously not interested,so bye bye. 2-0 City.

Think it's shit or bust with that team
    Plenty of pace but not much in midfield.

Camsrasa injured isn't he?

I'm really happy with that attacking line up, bang up for it now. Great to see us taking it to a struggling side at home

Side has got a real championship feel about it. Hopefully it can out battle Everton.

That midfield is a big concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    That midfield is a big concern.
    Well the midfield was non existent against Watford so hopefully this combination works a bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    Well the midfield was non existent against Watford so hopefully this combination works a bit better.
    Just flecking bypass it!

we look 2nd best here as everton seem to have a lot of ball and scoring chances

How haven't they had a booking?