+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 3 EVERTON. Match thread

Re: CARDIFF CITY v EVERTON. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    do they train passing at all? not the first time this season we have looked clueless on the ball
    total embarassment, lack of skills and effort, warnock should go and give someone else a chance perhaps the tea lady!

Warnock will complain that they only had 2 real chances and whinge he doesn't have a player as hood as Sigurdsson, but really we've been dreadful

A midfield 2 of Gunnarsson and Bacuna

Christ...

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    total embarassment, lack of skills and effort, warnock should go and give someone else a chance perhaps the tea lady!
    I can handle losing to Everton but in this manner? Awful. We have got nowhere near their goal apart from the first minute. Like another poster said, Bacuna and Gunnar as a middle two what the hell is he thinking with that

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    A midfield 2 of Gunnarsson and Bacuna

Christ...
    Gunnarsson couldn’t hit a feckin barn door........... Warnock looks totally fed up

Gunnarsson is the porest excuse for a footballer I've ever seen..

I can't believe we're 28 games into the season and we're still trying long throws. They've been dealt with easily since week 1.

Even the stadium announcer sounds deflated

Piss poor. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Piss poor. Again.
    Actually, I can almost live with the piss poor. It's the cluelessness that kills me.

Well this is depressing

just as well jump up and cheer like **** when they score cos we aint got ****all to cheer about...

cracking goal that was thats how you score boys...

Keep the faith, apparently.

Well, that's me done for this season, see you all next August in the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Actually, I can almost live with the piss poor. It's the cluelessness that kills me.
    the players looked shot to pieces mentally and totally lacking in confidence. a big challenge.

I have no idea why the team selection for the last 2 games was so odd. 2 good solid performances followed by the 2 worst efforts of the season. The 2nd half of Watford and tonight are the first times this season where I’ve seen heads drop. I honestly don’t know where the next point is coming from. Lose to Brighton and I think we’re down

Awful team selection, awful performance and awful result.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    I have no idea why the team selection for the last 2 games was so odd. 2 good solid performances followed by the 2 worst efforts of the season. The 2nd half of Watford and tonight are the first times this season where I’ve seen heads drop. I honestly don’t know where the next point is coming from. Lose to Brighton and I think we’re down
    Hhhhhm. That was a bit grim.

Bacuna looked like he’d given up. And he has only just got here!

FUKD AND BOMBD

I've said this before and I'll say it again.

Our players are not intelligent enough to play in the premier league.

Look at how many times Everton cleared the ball tonight, and it would end up back with one of their players.

Every time we cleared the ball it was very rare it would end up back with one of our players.

Why? Because we don't have players intelligent enough to anticipate play and be in the right place at the right time to pick up the second ball. This is the difference between the premier league and the championship (although you could probably argue the quality of championship teams has increased, we brute-forced our way to promotion). Not only are other teams players more technically gifted than ours, they're all far more intelligent when it comes to reading the game and anticipating play.

It's horrible, but there's probably only a few of our squad who have that particular football intelligence, but we need it through the whole team.

I believe this is why we have such low possession stats too, we never win second balls and concede possession constantly. We do not win the ball back enough to have any possession and it just becomes a game of watching the other team play.

If by some miracle we stay up, the team needs hundreds of millions worth of player investment and I just can't see that happening.

Our GD is -30 FFS. We’re very obviously one of the 3 worse teams in this division, much as it pains me to say it

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post

Look at how many times Everton cleared the ball tonight, and it would end up back with one of their players.

Every time we cleared the ball it was very rare it would end up back with one of our players.

Why? Because we don't have players intelligent enough to anticipate play and be in the right place at the right time to pick up the second ball. This is the difference between the premier league and the championship (although you could probably argue the quality of championship teams has increased, we brute-forced our way to promotion). Not only are other teams players more technically gifted than ours, they're all far more intelligent when it comes to reading the game and anticipating play.

It's horrible, but there's probably only a few of our squad who have that particular football intelligence, but we need it through the whole team.

I believe this is why we have such low possession stats too, we never win second balls and concede possession constantly. We do not win the ball back enough to have any possession and it just becomes a game of watching the other team play.

If by some miracle we stay up, the team needs hundreds of millions worth of player investment and I just can't see that happening.
    our style of play is more often seen from a pub side on a Sunday morning down the rec, that wasn’t pretty tonight!

I got the live commentary on Evertonfc.com. Obviously got the incredibly biased commentary that I expected but from what I read here they were spot on - City were clueless.

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 3 EVERTON. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by alan_corneli View Post
    Well, that's me done for this season, see you all next August in the Championship.
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post

Bang on. I watch other PL teams play and think how on earth have we ended up at this level? Coaching is very suspect too, the fact we can't string passes together is sunday league stuff. the club needs to re-think the transfer strategy when we're relegated, far too many battlers and scrappers than players will intelligence