+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 3 EVERTON. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 3 EVERTON. Match thread

GUNNARSSON FFS STOP FXXKING SHOOTING!

Re: CARDIFF CITY v EVERTON. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    I've said this before and I'll say it again.

Our players are not intelligent enough to play in the premier league.

Look at how many times Everton cleared the ball tonight, and it would end up back with one of their players.

Every time we cleared the ball it was very rare it would end up back with one of our players.

Why? Because we don't have players intelligent enough to anticipate play and be in the right place at the right time to pick up the second ball. This is the difference between the premier league and the championship (although you could probably argue the quality of championship teams has increased, we brute-forced our way to promotion). Not only are other teams players more technically gifted than ours, they're all far more intelligent when it comes to reading the game and anticipating play.

It's horrible, but there's probably only a few of our squad who have that particular football intelligence, but we need it through the whole team.

I believe this is why we have such low possession stats too, we never win second balls and concede possession constantly. We do not win the ball back enough to have any possession and it just becomes a game of watching the other team play.

If by some miracle we stay up, the team needs hundreds of millions worth of player investment and I just can't see that happening.
    Clearing the ball when the other 9 outfield players are with 10 yards of the player with the ball will only ever have one outcome

Can only echo what's been said already.

Unbelievably poor passing throughout the game, Bacuna looked totally out of position, Gunarsson was atrocious and surprise surprise, with three centre back on we concede 8 in two home games.

On top of that our only creative midfielder got thrown under the bus by Warnock yesterday so **** knows if we'll see him again.

I thought Reid and Zohore battled well with very poor service so needless to say Zohore got hooked.

Just to top off a thoroughly shit evening we had to put up with that bell end Kevin Friend blowing his whistle every five minutes.

Which genius gave Bacuna a 5 year deal?

who is bacuna's agent? i hope no-one linked to neil.....

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Which genius gave Bacuna a 5 year deal?
    One that knew we'd be in the Championship next season.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    GUNNARSSON FFS STOP FXXKING SHOOTING!
    Had he aimed at the left hand corner flag he would have at least got it on target. Pickford must have been bored stiff.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    who is bacuna's agent? i hope no-one linked to neil.....

Mmm...strange one that. Is he THAT good? The answer is no. A midfield tonight on Gunnarsson and Bacuna against their 3. No pace, no invention, no class.....no hope.

Might stay in the pub when I get to Wolverhampton on saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    I've said this before and I'll say it again.

Our players are not intelligent enough to play in the premier league.

Look at how many times Everton cleared the ball tonight, and it would end up back with one of their players.

Every time we cleared the ball it was very rare it would end up back with one of our players.

Why? Because we don't have players intelligent enough to anticipate play and be in the right place at the right time to pick up the second ball. This is the difference between the premier league and the championship (although you could probably argue the quality of championship teams has increased, we brute-forced our way to promotion). Not only are other teams players more technically gifted than ours, they're all far more intelligent when it comes to reading the game and anticipating play.

It's horrible, but there's probably only a few of our squad who have that particular football intelligence, but we need it through the whole team.

I believe this is why we have such low possession stats too, we never win second balls and concede possession constantly. We do not win the ball back enough to have any possession and it just becomes a game of watching the other team play.

If by some miracle we stay up, the team needs hundreds of millions worth of player investment and I just can't see that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Bang on. I watch other PL teams play and think how on earth have we ended up at this level? Coaching is very suspect too, the fact we can't string passes together is sunday league stuff. the club needs to re-think the transfer strategy when we're relegated, far too many battlers and scrappers than players will intelligence
    I agree with both of these posts.

Whilst I understand the need to have players of the mentality who will run through brick walls for you... it sometimes needs the type of intelligence to see if the there's a door open first before you try to do so!

Aside from Camarasa and probably Reid, there's no others in our squad who I could say have a good footballing brain.

Someone once said... "Good football management is about good scouting". Unfortunately, I think Warnock and his team go for "characters" first and foremost. They're probably good on a night out together, that's about all.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I can't believe we're 28 games into the season and we're still trying long throws. They've been dealt with easily since week 1.

It's mind-numbing, isn't it!

Surely at some point the coaching staff have to think to themselves... "Hey, you know what - these long throws of ours are not very productive, are they. Shall we try something else instead, like an orthodox throw-in and try and put our foot on the ball... just for a change like?"

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post

Surely at some point the coaching staff have to think to themselves... "Hey, you know what - these long throws of ours are not very productive, are they. Shall we try something else instead, like an orthodox throw-in and try and put our foot on the ball... just for a change like?"
    Even if we actually tried something different with them I could maybe understand but all we do is line Morrison up behind the goal line and try and aim for the near post it’s ****ing abysmal, I am a football snob and believe ticky taka is the way to go so find it very difficult watching warnocks way you can get away with it when winning but when you get turned over by piss poor opposition it’s like being punched in the face by Mike Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post

Not rocket science, is it?