+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: THE SIX GAMES TO GET THE 13 POINTS FOR SAFETY

Re: THE SIX GAMES TO GET THE 13 POINTS FOR SAFETY

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    If you think we need 13 points for safety, you must think Southampton are going to get 11. That's not even taking Brighton into account. Brighton's run-in does look kinder to be fair.

Where are Southampton going to get the 11 from this lot?

Man Utd (a)
    Spurs (h)
    Watford (a)
    Brighton (a)
    Liverpool (h)
    Wolves (h)
    Newcastle (a)
    Bournemouth (h)
    West Ham (a)
    Huddersfield (h)

I see 8 points. Which means 11 for us - or 8 more after Saturday.

Bloooobirds
    A recent radio interview said that 38 pts has almost always guatenteed safety. Of course, this season 34, 29, 37, 36 or 31 pts could be sufficient. I have just taken their average figure that has guaranteed safety.

StT.
    <><

The problem is we have only 4 games at home and 6 away. The last two home games were crucial , and we didn't even compete and we got stuffed in both. I think Southampton and Brighton will both struggle for results and my predictions have us going down by a point or two, and that's with winning at Fulham. if we can win a t Brighton though it would help as I have us for a draw in that one. And anything against Liverpool, Chelsea, Man U & Man City is a bonus although we'll probably end up with our usual 5-1 defeats! We need an extra point over the other teams with our crap goal difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    A recent radio interview said that 38 pts has almost always guatenteed safety. Of course, this season 34, 29, 37, 36 or 31 pts could be sufficient. I have just taken their average figure that has guaranteed safety.

StT.
    <><
    Yes but they can get 2 points less than us and still stay up on goal difference.

You certainly have to spend a bit more than the £25m we did on the Championship players we did last summer. In reality that £25m buys one average PL player. You say about Fulham. And yes they didn't spend their money wisely. Wolves did and they are in the top-third. What is sure is that lack of investment will always tend to poverty and failure. Good investment leads to progress and success.

StT.
    <><
    Wolves had a PL squad last season. They’d have stayed up comfortably with no additional players this season

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Yes but they can get 2 points less than us and still stay up on goal difference.
    Yes, of course they can, but the issue is what the club that stays up needs to get to stay up. That figure is usually 38 pts.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Wolves had a PL squad last season. They’d have stayed up comfortably with no additional players this season
    No they wouldn't. They had SIX LOAN PLAYERS in their promotion season that they would have lost.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017...rs_F.C._season

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffCitySince1927 View Post
    These on paper are unwinable, but nearing the end of the season if the top 6 is already decided and they won’t go any higher or they’re in a cup competition then we may be playing a second string side. We may get something from that.
    Liverpool and Man City are going for the title. Chelsea and Man Utd are fighting for a Champions League place, along with Arsenal. Nobody is going to lay down and play dead for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Liverpool and Man City are going for the title. Chelsea and Man Utd are fighting for a Champions League place, along with Arsenal. Nobody is going to lay down and play dead for us.
    Quite, Wales-Bales.

Cardiff City 1-5 Watford
    Liverpool 5-0 Watford

Which ever way you dress it up two things are clearly evident from the above:

- Watford are a vastly superior PL outfit than us. Like the game at Watford, last week's game was a reality check.
    - Liverpool, likewise, are vastly superior to Watford.

In fairness the players in the first xi's at the top few clubs (Man C, Liverpool, Tottenham, Chelsea, Man U ... and Arsenal at a pinch) are so far ahead of City and have so much to play for they are not going to think they can freewheel for the rest of the season. Even if the top-six put four or five reserves in they would still more than give us a game.

We live in hope, though.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    If you think we need 13 points for safety, you must think Southampton are going to get 11. That's not even taking Brighton into account. Brighton's run-in does look kinder to be fair.

Where are Southampton going to get the 11 from this lot?

Man Utd (a)
    Spurs (h)
    Watford (a)
    Brighton (a)
    Liverpool (h)
    Wolves (h)
    Newcastle (a)
    Bournemouth (h)
    West Ham (a)
    Huddersfield (h)

I see 8 points. Which means 11 for us - or 8 more after Saturday.

Bloooobirds
    I think you’re right and Southampton may well only get 8 or possibly 9 points from those fixtures but at the moment I can’t see where our 11 or 12 are going to come from

You certainly have to spend a bit more than the £25m we did on the Championship players we did last summer. In reality that £25m buys one average PL player. You say about Fulham. And yes they didn't spend their money wisely. Wolves did and they are in the top-third. What is sure is that lack of investment will always tend to poverty and failure. Good investment leads to progress and success.

StT.
    <><
    Hindsight is a wonderful thing as I can't remember anyone saying that Fulham had not spent wisely at the time. All people were on about was the amount Fulham were spending and that we should be spending the same.

I've been optimistic all season after the last 2 games I cannot see us winning another game. (Unless we drop Morrison and start more offensively)

Hope my last comment comes back and bites me on the arse. I'll gladly take the mare trophy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Shhh View Post
    Hindsight is a wonderful thing as I can't remember anyone saying that Fulham had not spent wisely at the time. All people were on about was the amount Fulham were spending and that we should be spending the same.

I've been optimistic all season after the last 2 games I cannot see us winning another game. (Unless we drop Morrison and start more offensively)

Hope my last comment comes back and bites me on the arse. I'll gladly take the mare trophy.
    Fulham? Last season they were on a roll, playing a really attacking style that got results whilst their attack papered over a wobbly defence. It was crazy to think this approach would work in the PL yet they paid £100m to try to do so. Thirteen games in and the manager was sacked. Ranieri inherited a squad that would not be able to adopt to a more conservative approach. The rest, they say, is history.

Let's both hope we somehow stay up.

StT.
    <><

Fulham? Last season they were on a roll, playing a really attacking style that got results whilst their attack papered over a wobbly defence. It was crazy to think this approach would work in the PL yet they paid £100m to try to do so. Thirteen games in and the manager was sacked. Ranieri inherited a squad that would not be able to adopt to a more conservative approach. The rest, they say, is history.

Let's both hope we somehow stay up.

StT.
    <><
    Ignore me. I only read your reply and not what you was replying to. I put two and two together and come up with damp squid.

Let's hope we can turn this around.

Ignore me. I only read your reply and not what you was replying to. I put two and two together and come up with damp squid.

Its good to read all replies. We all have something to contribute. Let's hope all our lot also contribute tomorrow and we get a much needed 3 pts. Upwards and onwards.

StT.
    <><

Damp squid 😂