+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hollow words from Warnock

Hollow words from Warnock

" I know my team for the Wolves game and I want people who will be in the trenches because I was let down by one or two tonight. I'm not going to throw the towel in and I'll make sure we are ready for Saturday."

One or two? Make that five or six!

For half an hour I looked at Everton and thought - that's some line-up. So why do we look like we should win. The answer was obvious. They were bereft of confidence. Then they scored. And scored again. And looked like a team that had a completely changed mentality.

For City it was the complete opposite.

Is it a hangover from the Sala tragedy? 'Cos I'm struggling to understand why we caved in so weakly against a team we should have beaten. Although the clue to Warnock's mind set is that Reid apart, he sent out a Championship team to do a Premiership job - and they weren't up to it.

The men in the trenches would like a General who has the grit and determination to get stuck in and WIN. The team selection smacked of Warnock throwing the towel in. The midfield should have been changed at halftime.

Sorry Neil, but what I saw was that YOU were not ready for the battle.

Is that how you want to be remembered?

Re: Hollow words from Warnock

Victor and Arter need to come back in

Victor was at the stadium tonight so that should quell any doubts regarding his commitment

Mr. Churchill says
    "We gotta fight the bloody battle to the very end

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Victor and Arter need to come back in

Victor was at the stadium tonight so that should quell any doubts regarding his commitment
    Um no, he needs to be out on the pitch to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Mr. Churchill says
    "We gotta fight the bloody battle to the very end
    He was a bellend though.

Warnocks team are the only side i have ever seen that sit deep to defend a potential loss

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Um no, he needs to be out on the pitch to do that.
    Turning up for work-That's commitment.

It's just such a wasted opportunity.

We've gone from having our future in our hands to now hoping that Southampton are somehow going to be worse than us over the rest of the season and at the moment that doesn't seem likely.

I wasn't at the game tonight, but I was there for the Watford one and the way the team capitulated and gifted goals was beyond embarrassing.

The Bournemouth game was uplifting - particularly after the Huddersfield one, where the ball spent most of its time collecting ice from the clouds, but now we're back to this.

It's as if management can't decide what our style of play is.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    It's just such a wasted opportunity.

We've gone from having our future in our hands to now hoping that Southampton are somehow going to be worse than us over the rest of the season and at the moment that doesn't seem likely.

I wasn't at the game tonight, but I was there for the Watford one and the way the team capitulated and gifted goals was beyond embarrassing.

The Bournemouth game was uplifting - particularly after the Huddersfield one, where the ball spent most of its time collecting ice from the clouds, but now we're back to this.

It's as if management can't decide what our style of play is.
    Against Bournemouth and Southampton he played a personnel and passing style that for the first time this season worked. Why the hell did he change it again. That is the most frustrating thing and the number one reason I want this to be Neil's last season at the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    He was a bellend though.
    That Bell-end as you call him ensured that you weren't having to speak German because under his Bell-endish trail of thought he got our boys to " fight the bloody battle to the very end "

Another thing that Bell-end ensured was that the international language of Aviation was English " Because we won the ****ing war "

The older one's amongst us probably had relatives who fought in the wars & we owe them a great deal of gratitude.

Here we are discussing a FOOTBALL TEAM that struggle to win a football match, putting Churchill into a discussion about Warnock is a tad ****ed up.....Churchill organised an army & proved himself, Warnock can't even organise a squad of footballers, but hey guys keep comparing them & it will all be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyer46 View Post
    That Bell-end as you call him ensured that you weren't having to speak German because under his Bell-endish trail of thought he got our boys to " fight the bloody battle to the very end "

Another thing that Bell-end ensured was that the international language of Aviation was English " Because we won the ****ing war "

The older one's amongst us probably had relatives who fought in the wars & we owe them a great deal of gratitude.

Here we are discussing a FOOTBALL TEAM that struggle to win a football match, putting Churchill into a discussion about Warnock is a tad ****ed up.....Churchill organised an army & proved himself, Warnock can't even organise a squad of footballers, but hey guys keep comparing them & it will all be fine.
    Ironic.

He was a bellend though.
    And you are a complete and utter ARSEHOLE!

He was a bellend though.
    Absolute bellend.
    Horrible piece of work, but then sometimes you need a horrible piece of work.

The historian Greg Jenner (who is writing a book about the history of the phenomenon of celebrity) said about 3 years ago that he thought that Churchill had about 10 years left of being a national hero before his true nature was more widely understood by the general population.

*ones*

Quote Originally Posted by athoma37 View Post
    And you are a complete and utter ARSEHOLE!
    Churchill was a white supremacist mass murderer

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    " I know my team for the Wolves game and I want people who will be in the trenches because I was let down by one or two tonight. I'm not going to throw the towel in and I'll make sure we are ready for Saturday."

One or two? Make that five or six!

For half an hour I looked at Everton and thought - that's some line-up. So why do we look like we should win. The answer was obvious. They were bereft of confidence. Then they scored. And scored again. And looked like a team that had a completely changed mentality.

For City it was the complete opposite.

Is it a hangover from the Sala tragedy? 'Cos I'm struggling to understand why we caved in so weakly against a team we should have beaten. Although the clue to Warnock's mind set is that Reid apart, he sent out a Championship team to do a Premiership job - and they weren't up to it.

The men in the trenches would like a General who has the grit and determination to get stuck in and WIN. The team selection smacked of Warnock throwing the towel in. The midfield should have been changed at halftime.

Sorry Neil, but what I saw was that YOU were not ready for the battle.

Is that how you want to be remembered?
    I only watch the second half on a stream and it was alarmingly clear that Bacuna gave up the ghost on at least two occasions, something that you very rarely see in professional football.

Warnock must be fuming.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    *ones*
    One's is correct in the context I used it.

Heisenberg

Incorrect. Do you want to attempt another guess?

First Team

No it isn't.

English....German....same difference. You seem to forget “we” all spoke welsh until the saxons arrived from .... Germany!

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Churchill was a white supremacist mass murderer
    Dreadful comment

The British public must have thought the world of him after the war, couldn't wait to get rid of the twat. The switched on voters of that time could see right through him, funny how history contorts things.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Dreadful comment
    But he was.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Dreadful comment
    He was though

He was deeply racist

I think that if you read a book or two, you'll find that the USSR and America won the war.