+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many are genuinely Premiership quality footballers in City's squad?

Re: How many are genuinely Premiership quality footballers in City's squad?

Quote Originally Posted by Flyer46 View Post
    From what I gather the stars in each squad are portrayed as being the ones out on the park, how many of you think the real star is the goalkeeper?

Some look upon the goalkeeper as the lazy git between the 'sticks'.....Admittedly in most Premier Division clubs they do less than the ones out on the park based on their being 10 men trying to stop the oppositions 10 getting near the 'sticks'
    In the case of CCFC it looks like the goalkeeper is the busiest squad member.

If Etheridge is good, who out of Alex Smithies or Brian Murphy would you put between the 'sticks' if Etheridge was injured?
    Your knowledge of our squad is decent for someone who doesn't follow us.

Camarasa and Niasse.

Unfortunately neither are our players.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Your knowledge of our squad is decent for someone who doesn't follow us.
    Because I was firmly told that this is a Football forum I thought I had better get 'interested' in the CCFC goings on, so that is what I am doing.

The interest in soccer is not that great but it does get discussed when people come into the offices from football linked businesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyer46 View Post
    Because I was firmly told that this is a Football forum I thought I had better get 'interested' in the CCFC goings on, so that is what I am doing.

The interest in soccer is not that great but it does get discussed when people come into the offices from football linked businesses.
    People come into the office and have a chat about whether alex smithies or brian murphy would play if etheridge was out?

Even if the office was the cardiff city supporters club one, that would be weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    People come into the office and have a chat about whether alex smithies or brian murphy would play if etheridge was out?

Even if the office was the cardiff city supporters club one, that would be weird.
    Leave the guy alone.

I agree with you with regards Manga, i think is easily our best centre half. Although Bamba's drive and leadership qualities cannot be overlooked i personally think he makes to many errors, he gambles to often,dives in to often and when bringing the ball out of defence he seems to quickly run out of ideas what to do. He is either shocking or superb ,there is no inbetween with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I would add to that Gunnarsson, Manga (at centre back), Paterson and Peltier. Could all do a job at a PL team.
    None of the players you mentioned would get in the starting X1 of any other Premier League side. Peltier cannot nail down a regular place in our team, the fact that he does start in some games is a testimony to our poor transfer windows. Don't get me started on Gunnarsson...

Quote Originally Posted by bezooo View Post
    3 or 4??? They had 4-5 subs that would all be star players for us, sat on their bench. HUGE gulf in class.

As for PL quality.... Gilfi, Coleman, Richarlison, Bernard, Idrissa Gueye, Digne, .... That's 6.
    I don't undertsand why we keep bigging up other mediocre sides. We shouldn't have lost at Goodison and we self inflictated defeat at home to them. Have you waved the white flag for the games against West Ham & Palace at home as well?

I think the only player of premier league ability, quality and giving premier league performances this season has been Sol Bamba and i wouldn't be at all surprised if he will be the only one of our current squad playing in the premier league next season.