+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: More 3+ goal defeats than any other Premier League side

More 3+ goal defeats than any other Premier League side

With the opportunity to increase that before the end of the season.

How can we go from being defensively good to an absolute shamble so often this season? 7 clean sheets is one of the best records in the division, yet when we concede, it's often a hatful.

3 games to save the season now (including the Brighton trip when it's rearranged). Failure to win 2 of them will see us down, I reckon. A win at Brighton is now a must.

Still really deflated this morning. A lack of skill I can take, teams being better than us I have no problem with. Constant mistakes, poor team selections and not "having a go" pisses me off.

Re: More 3+ goal defeats than any other Premier League side

We implode better than anybody else does.

Yesterday at the start of the second half we looked more likely to score, because we were chasing the game they got their second and even after that we were pushing to get back in the game which allowed their third.
    Sometimes a three goal margin doesn't really describe the balance of play, yes Everton were comfortable winners but we weren't dismantled last night.

Far more worrying to me is the number of games we concede first.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Yesterday at the start of the second half we looked more likely to score, because we were chasing the game they got their second and even after that we were pushing to get back in the game which allowed their third.
    Sometimes a three goal margin doesn't really describe the balance of play, yes Everton were comfortable winners but we weren't dismantled last night.

Far more worrying to me is the number of games we concede first.
    Absolutely. We don't often come flying out of the traps. It's as if they're told to keep things tight and keep plenty in reserve for the final push at the end of the game.

An Everton supporting friend of mine got a bit shirty with me last night for not giving them much credit for the win, but I still can't. They didn't need to get out of first gear to win easily. I thought they were one of the least impressive teams to visit us this season and, for me, we lost because we were so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Absolutely. We don't often come flying out of the traps. It's as if they're told to keep things tight and keep plenty in reserve for the final push at the end of the game.

An Everton supporting friend of mine got a bit shirty with me last night for not giving them much credit for the win, but I still can't. They didn't need to get out of first gear to win easily. I thought they were one of the least impressive teams to visit us this season and, for me, we lost because we were so bad.
    They created next to nothing. A half-decent defensive performance by us would have seen the match finish 0-0.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    They created next to nothing. A half-decent defensive performance by us would have seen the match finish 0-0.
    Or even given us a platform to go on and pinch it. Everton have been under pressure lately. Imagine how they'd have been feeling going into the last 15 minutes at 0-0 having to defend a few set pieces with a home crowd at full voice?