+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FIFA to investigate transfer payment.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

FIFA to investigate transfer payment.

Seems reasonable under the circumstances I suppose.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47384817

Re: FIFA to investigate transfer payment.

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer3 View Post
    Seems reasonable under the circumstances I suppose.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47384817
    If FIFA find in favour of Nantes does that mean the Mackays get £1.5 million of the fee?

Should be an easy one - player officially registered to a club own by a billionaire in the richest league in the world vs a much smaller club that completed the transfer in the required timeframe

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    Should be an easy one - player officially registered to a club own by a billionaire in the richest league in the world vs a much smaller club that completed the transfer in the required timeframe
    Yes agree with that, I hope the club have relevant insurance in place for this, consequences could be severe otherwise.

The insurers will want to know who/if anyone is at fault. Our insurers will be telling us to wait as there probably be a clause that if we pay, we accept liability. It isn't simple, otherwise we'd pay.

Firstly Emiliano Sala was officially registered by The ITC as being registered with the Football Association of Wales and they have confirmed Sala as a Cardiff player, which means that Cardiff City FC are now liable to pay Nantes the transfer fee.

I am always cynical about what newspapers print & to be honest any references to Cardiff City FC being owned by a billionaire in the richest league in the world is Journalistic licence, Tan is certainly a Multi millionaire but in £ Sterling he currently falls slightly short of being a £ Billionaire, but is certainly wealthier than the Nantes owners so I am guessing that the much smaller club that completed the transfer in the required timeframe are wanting paid.

On the subject of the McKay 'cut' or 'commission' I think it is only right that whoever is supposed to pay that to them holds that back until such times as the full investigation is complete & that the McKay's are not implicated in any wrongdoing.

I might be speaking out of turn but if the McKay's are implicated in any way, shape or fashion I can't see any justification in rewarding them for getting it so wrong with a £1.5m payday.

Being implicated can be as simple as having manipulated the transfer fee by deception or being implicated in the illegal operations of the flight, both would be a bitter pill to swallow if proven & having to pay for it would be even more distasteful.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyer46 View Post
    Firstly Emiliano Sala was officially registered by The ITC as being registered with the Football Association of Wales and they have confirmed Sala as a Cardiff player, which means that Cardiff City FC are now liable to pay Nantes the transfer fee.

I am always cynical about what newspapers print & to be honest any references to Cardiff City FC being owned by a billionaire in the richest league in the world is Journalistic licence, Tan is certainly a Multi millionaire but in £ Sterling he currently falls slightly short of being a £ Billionaire, but is certainly wealthier than the Nantes owners so I am guessing that the much smaller club that completed the transfer in the required timeframe are wanting paid.

On the subject of the McKay 'cut' or 'commission' I think it is only right that whoever is supposed to pay that to them holds that back until such times as the full investigation is complete & that the McKay's are not implicated in any wrongdoing.

I might be speaking out of turn but if the McKay's are implicated in any way, shape or fashion I can't see any justification in rewarding them for getting it so wrong with a £1.5m payday.

Being implicated can be as simple as having manipulated the transfer fee by deception or being implicated in the illegal operations of the flight, both would be a bitter pill to swallow if proven & having to pay for it would be even more distasteful.
    Thanks for the update Dayo

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Thanks for the update Dayo
    Wtf.....Now I am being accused of being Dayo ( whoever he is/was? ) I must be the international man of mystery as the identities just keep rolling in.

I will put you out of your misery, I am none of the people I have been accused of, I am genuinely employed by the son of an ex Welsh Sportsman & he has to keep his identity private, but as I say " If he was to walk into The Cardiff FC Ground or a few other grounds around the country he would be made more welcome than anyone else I know.

I am leaving that for you to ponder, it makes no odds to me what you think you know or what you do actually know.

I will put you out of your misery, I am none of the people I have been accused of, I am genuinely employed by the son of an ex Welsh Sportsman & he has to keep his identity private, but as I say " If he was to walk into The Cardiff FC Ground or a few other grounds around the country he would be made more welcome than anyone else I know.
    How many people do you know though? 4?

Heisenberg

Wtf.....Now I am being accused of being Dayo ( whoever he is/was? ) I must be the international man of mystery as the identities just keep rolling in.

I am leaving that for you to ponder, it makes no odds to me what you think you know or what you do actually know.
    He has to keep his identity private, yet you've given several indentifiers of who he might be if someone more interested than I were to attempt to guess who he was.

I call "bollocks".

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    He has to keep his identity private, yet you've given several indentifiers of who he might be if someone more interested than I were to attempt to guess who he was.

I call "bollocks".
    I have been strongly advised to draw this to a close, I won't give details of why I have been told to take that stance other than my career is in the balance if I don't.....so, my boss might not quite as chilled out as some of you thought.

lets pile up the misery

Stop turning every thread into arguments with an obvious troll It’s getting tedious

**** sake City , just pay the first instalment
    We are beginning to look like right bellends
    All the support we’ve had from other clubs supporters will soon evaporate if this drags on

We should lodge the first payment with FIFA assuming that FIFA agree that an investigation is needed. If they not agree then they would not support us withholding payment

I have been strongly advised to draw this to a close, I won't give details of why I have been told to take that stance other than my career is in the balance if I don't.....so, my boss might not quite as chilled out as some of you thought.
    As previously mentioned you’re boss sounds like a tosser, a complete tosser actually. I’d quit if I were you. You don’t need the money