+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Celtic fans

Celtic fans

Turning on Brendan Rodgers for leaving them? After all he has won for them too...surprised he stayed in that job as long as he did and shows how bored he must be to sign for Leicester....greatest fans in the world eh?

Re: Celtic fans

Good move for Leicester I rate Brenda think he’ll do alright there

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Turning on Brendan Rodgers for leaving them? After all he has won for them too...surprised he stayed in that job as long as he did and shows how bored he must be to sign for Leicester....greatest fans in the world eh?
    I think Mr Blobby could take that job on and still win the treble.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Good move for Leicester I rate Brenda think he’ll do alright there
    He will I’m sure. Good manager. Good to see Celtic fans showing their true colours again....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/47396010

How embarrassing.

I think they're mostly upset because this bursts their bubble that they're a relevant club any more.

I think Brentan will do well, they've got a very young squad with a lot of talent that should continue to improve.

Maybe he is tired of shooting fish in a barrel.

What nonsense. As a City fan who has lived in Glasgow and now lives near Edinburgh I cannot understand this misguided and misunderstood attitude towards Scottish football. Make no mistake, both Celtic and Rangers are bigger clubs than we can even dream of being. The Celtic job is a huge job and Celtic fans are questioning why Brendan would walk out on them when he is 11 games from the treble treble. They live and breathe their football club in a way nosy City fans cannot understand. They are understandably upset and are no more venting than many City fans are after the Watford and Everton results. Tell me the last time Cardiff beat Barcelona? A result Celtic achieved not so long ago in the Champions League. Cardiff fans commenting on football in Scotland makes no sense to me as you need to live amongst the people to understand the passion and commitment. Celtic would easily compete in the EPL if given entry with their fan base and revenues. Rangers too for that matter if they could learn to control their expenditure.

He left halfway through the season to join a mid-table pl side who have nothing to play for. It's pure disrespect to leave in the manner he did, not the first time he's jumped ship middle of the season either.

Least we get to see his Brent-ism in England again

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dargavel View Post
    What nonsense. As a City fan who has lived in Glasgow and now lives near Edinburgh I cannot understand this misguided and misunderstood attitude towards Scottish football. Make no mistake, both Celtic and Rangers are bigger clubs than we can even dream of being. The Celtic job is a huge job and Celtic fans are questioning why Brendan would walk out on them when he is 11 games from the treble treble. They live and breathe their football club in a way nosy City fans cannot understand. They are understandably upset and are no more venting than many City fans are after the Watford and Everton results. Tell me the last time Cardiff beat Barcelona? A result Celtic achieved not so long ago in the Champions League. Cardiff fans commenting on football in Scotland makes no sense to me as you need to live amongst the people to understand the passion and commitment. Celtic would easily compete in the EPL if given entry with their fan base and revenues. Rangers too for that matter if they could learn to control their expenditure.
    Of course they could compete in the EPL with their fanbase and revenue streams (although they'd be a long way off the top of the tree in terms of revenue). But they aren't in the EPL, and aren't going to be.
    TV money for Scottish clubs is a fraction of what even clubs in Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Holland get, let alone one of the big 5. And at Celtic he's at a club with more revenue than the rest of the league put together.

It isn't surprising to me that a job at a decent premier league team is more attractive to anyone who has any ambition in the game.
    He's achieved everything he's going to be able to with Celtic, staying there any longer isn't going to enhance his reputation any more.

The Celtic job is a huge job
    Then how big is the leicester job?

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Then how big is the leicester job?
    They're one of only 20 teams in the richest league in the world. So pretty big. If we were in a safe position and Warnock retired, we get all sorts of big names linked with us.

I’d have him here in a heartbeat. Quality manager. Right move for him.

The old firm are riddled with sectarian shite. They both live in the dark ages. It’s a cancer that is strangling Scottish football.

The odd one off win v a big club in the champions league obv not enough for him, they rarely make round 2 and didnt even win a europa round this season did they? Big club but dull league

He'll have 200 million reasons come August.

The odd one off win v a big club in the champions league obv not enough for him, they rarely make round 2 and didnt even win a europa round this season did they? Big club but dull league
    I think they did, but the money in the Europa is a lot less than the champions League. They are probably still in a healthy profit though as their commercial operations are very strong.

Certainly got the interest of a few on here ...

Football is all about money , there is no money as such in Scottish football . Thats life.

Bigger challenge, better league, bigger budget, better players, bigger wage, blue kit. Should have stayed put.

Celtic and Rangers would be mid table Championship sides at best. You're delusional thinking they are Premiership quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Watamistakatomaka View Post
    Celtic and Rangers would be mid table Championship sides at best. You're delusional thinking they are Premiership quality.
    With their current team I’d say Celtic are bottom premier league/top half of championship.

Rangers Mid able championship.

With their fan base IF they were in premier league they’d be pushing top 6.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    With their current team I’d say Celtic are bottom premier league/top half of championship.

Rangers Mid able championship.

With their fan base IF they were in premier league they’d be pushing top 6.
    I'd agree about current teams. Difficult to say on the IF they were premier league question, as fan base has a much smaller impact in the premier League than in Scotland. Newcastle and Sunderland both get massive crowds on their day, but neither have looked like threatening the top 6 for years. Celtic could perhaps if they spent well, but they could also easily **** it up.

Never mind beating Barcelona have they beaten Real Madrid

Quote Originally Posted by Watamistakatomaka View Post
    We're in the Prem for God's sake.

Rodgers isn't going to get a job in the PL better than Leicester. He won't get the Everton job, and Leicester is probably the best of the rest. The PL is where the money is so I can't say I blame him.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    The old firm are riddled with sectarian shite. They both live in the dark ages. It’s a cancer that is strangling Scottish football.
    Agreed. No place for it in football.