+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Have some bloody belief

Have some bloody belief

I'm sick and tired of reading all these gloomy posts on here, apparently we should just stop playing now and save everyone the trouble we're that likely to go down, when in reality we aren't

We're 2 points from safety with 10 games left and all of a sudden everyone seems to be giving up despite all the pre-season talk being "It'll be great if we're in touching distance towards the end of the season"

We're more than capable of staying up, its time for some optimism

Re: Have some bloody belief

I think you have to be realistic at the same time. It’s no longer in our hands for starters. On top of that we probably have two winnable home games against Palace and West Ham. Judging from the last two neither of those will be easy.

From our away games we’ll probably have to beat Fulham and one or both of Burnley and Wolves.

Southampton will likely get 3 points against Hudds at home. They might well beat Wolves and Bnmouth at home too. They’ve got Brighton and Newcastle away as well.

On paper it looks a hell of a lot more difficult than it did two games ago. I just feel like the margin for error is now very small from our point of view. The current form is also worrying.

I’m not throwing in the towel, but as Warnock said at the start of the season, I wouldn’t bet on us staying up as things stand.

I feel like these last two fixtures were massive for us, and we flopped.

Benitez reckons his side will need 38 points to stay up. If that IS accurate we’ve got to find 12 points from somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I'm sick and tired of reading all these gloomy posts on here, apparently we should just stop playing now and save everyone the trouble we're that likely to go down, when in reality we aren't

We're 2 points from safety with 10 games left and all of a sudden everyone seems to be giving up despite all the pre-season talk being "It'll be great if we're in touching distance towards the end of the season"

You’d have probably been the last one to leave the titanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    I think you have to be realistic at the same time. It’s no longer in our hands for starters. On top of that we probably have two winnable home games against Palace and West Ham. Judging from the last two neither of those will be easy.

From our away games we’ll probably have to beat Fulham and one or both of Burnley and Wolves.

Southampton will likely get 3 points against Hudds at home. They might well beat Wolves and Bnmouth at home too. They’ve got Brighton and Newcastle away as well.

On paper it looks a hell of a lot more difficult than it did two games ago. I just feel like the margin for error is now very small from our point of view. The current form is also worrying.

I’m not throwing in the towel, but as Warnock said at the start of the season, I wouldn’t bet on us staying up as things stand.

I feel like these last two fixtures were massive for us, and we flopped.

Benitez reckons his side will need 38 points to stay up. If that IS accurate we’ve got to find 12 points from somewhere.
    Southampton have to play Brighton, we have to play Brighton. It is still in our own hands. Also, it's not like last season where everyone is going to win all their remaining games. We're all going to lose a lot.

The table is remarkably similar to last season, and the Jacks went down with 33. 36 points should give us a hell of a chance. 38 will almost certainly guarantee it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Southampton have to play Brighton, we have to play Brighton. It is still in our own hands. Also, it's not like last season where everyone is going to win all their remaining games. We're all going to lose a lot.

The table is remarkably similar to last season, and the Jacks went down with 33. 36 points should give us a hell of a chance. 38 will almost certainly guarantee it.
    How is it our own hands when we are 2 points behind Southampton? They only have to match our results to stay up. In fact, they could lose two if we were to draw two, and still stay up on goal difference. We need one more win than them, as well as an equel number of draws.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

It's not the fans you need to convince. It's the 11 players and subs on the team sheet.

Maybe get Warren Gatland down the CCS to fire them up a bit!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    How is it our own hands when we are 2 points behind Southampton? They only have to match our results to stay up. In fact, they could lose two if we were to draw two, and still stay up on goal difference. We need one more win than them, as well as an equel number of draws.
    Do you actually think that Southampton are going to win all their remaining games ? They will be lucky to get three points out of the next twelve. It is definitely still in our own hands. In any event, if we overtake Brighton, it doesnt matter what Southampton do.

The only games that are winnable are Fulham and Brighton, two sides who have been equally as bad as us this season. People thinking the likes of Palace and West Ham are winnable are surely having a laugh, both these sides battered us (very lucky to come away with a point at Palace) in the reverse fixture.

We simply need to win on Saturday in my opinion, I don't think it's winnable but if we come out of that with another battering I can't see anyway back for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    The only games that are winnable are Fulham and Brighton, two sides who have been equally as bad as us this season. People thinking the likes of Palace and West Ham are winnable are surely having a laugh, both these sides battered us (very lucky to come away with a point at Palace) in the reverse fixture.

We simply need to win on Saturday in my opinion, I don't think it's winnable but if we come out of that with another battering I can't see anyway back for us.
    We’ve beaten better teams than Palace and West Ham this season so we don’t have to big them up too much. We’ve been poor and error-prone the last two games, if we can get some form back and stop shooting ourselves in the foot we have a chance of putting up a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    We’ve beaten better teams than Palace and West Ham this season so we don’t have to big them up too much. We’ve been poor and error-prone the last two games, if we can get some form back and stop shooting ourselves in the foot we have a chance of putting up a fight.
    Like who? West Ham are mid-table for a reason, Palace are probably Leicester's level so I'll agree there.

If there wasn't such uncertainty around Camarasa's fitness I would be more confident, but the fact our last two games have shown a complete lack of ability on the ball worry me.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Do you actually think that Southampton are going to win all their remaining games ? They will be lucky to get three points out of the next twelve. It is definitely still in our own hands. In any event, if we overtake Brighton, it doesnt matter what Southampton do.
    I'd rather be Southampton than us. We may have more of a chance catching Brighton.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Like who? West Ham are mid-table for a reason, Palace are probably Leicester's level so I'll agree there.

If there wasn't such uncertainty around Camarasa's fitness I would be more confident, but the fact our last two games have shown a complete lack of ability on the ball worry me.
    Wolves are above them both.