+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sol Bamba

Re: Sol Bamba

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Your memory is shit, Tone. The only accurate thing you mentioned was Fulham (I'm not even giving you "coach" )
    ????????So you’re not TB then ??????????

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    ????????So you’re not TB then ??????????
    Oh, it's me... but your recollection of that day is off.

It was a tree branch, not a tree.

I didn't bring it on the bus.

You put it by me for some reason and then called it "the love bush" because I was sat next to a woman (who I hadn't met previously).

It was a bus

Heisenberg

Who said that threads shouldn't go on tangents, eh?

Oh, it's me... but your recollection of that day is off.

It was a tree branch, not a tree.

I didn't bring it on the bus.

You put it by me for some reason and then called it "the love bush" because I was sat next to a woman (who I hadn't met previously).

It was a bus
    So I imagined you were eating her face as well

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    So I imagined you were eating her face as well
    Yeah... you're thinking of the Villa game and that was someone else

Who said that threads shouldn't go on tangents, eh?
    They don't even need to have any factual basis or logic for some ...

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    They don't even need to have any factual basis or logic for some ...
    I'd go a step further and say if you need to start off coaching kids, then you probably won't make it as a top manager.

I'd go a step further and say if you need to start off coaching kids, then you probably won't make it as a top manager.
    Wise words my friend

Tony’s been bussing kids for years, would he make a top manager? 🤪🤪

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Tony’s been bussing kids for years, would he make a top manager? ����
    Depends if he allowed kids on his buses.

“When the Barça kids sealed the title in 2008 then followed it with promotion to the third division, Guardiola called it ‘one of the biggest joys I’ve experienced as a sportsman’”

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    “When the Barça kids sealed the title in 2008 then followed it with promotion to the third division, Guardiola called it ‘one of the biggest joys I’ve experienced as a sportsman’”
    FFS! They were all on professional contracts You make it sound like it was a bunch of kids from the suburbs who turned up for training on Tuesday and Thursday evenings

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Depends if he allowed kids on his buses.
    You complete & utter spoilsport, Tony was supposed to reply ‘ Its a f*cking coach!!!!!’ 😢😢😢

Sorry to intrude, but I thought this was a nice message from Sol.

https://twitter.com/sol14bamba?lang=en

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

That's great

Top man is Sol

I never thought I'd say it but I'm actually more enjoying Wales Bales contributions

He'll still have to start on the bottom rung of the coaching ladder though, the resident CCMB football experts insist!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    He'll still have to start on the bottom rung of the coaching ladder though, the resident CCMB football experts insist!
    He wont have to start on the bottom rung, but he may have to start with the younger age groups-From 14 to 18, as a sort of apprenticeship and so that he can define his own style without to much pressure-Incidentally, anyone from 16 upwards is on a Professional contract at a football club. Here's the thing, he has to learn how to be a coach, It isn't just about understanding football, you've got to know how to get your message across to players, get them to enjoy the sessions and the players have to feel like they're getting something from the sessions, it's a form of teaching, and i bet every one of us can remember the teachers in school, college etc who we responded positively towards because they were good at implementing what they wanted us to do-Good Coaching, that's not an easy skill. When i was 14 years old i was coached by jimmy Mullen, i loved his sessions as did plenty of other lads. He went on to manage Burnley, Blackpool and was Ian Porterfields assistant at Aberdeen. I also played Rugby as a schoolboy and was coached by a bloke called Geraint John, he ended up coaching Canada and was performance director at the WRU, i'm sure that both of them gained invaluable experience in coaching youngsters, it would've helped them develop and it would've answered a few questions on whether or not they wanted to progress with their coaching. Having 20 years of experience as a player doesn't count for alot if you want to go into a profession where communication skills are key.

You may well be right, Sol might be able to coach at the top table straight away and become successful, although i doubt it, coaching is much much more than just being a good footballer and having been coached yourself, you have to have a philosophy, an eye for detail and the ability to to get the players to believe in what you implement, that takes time to perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He wont have to start on the bottom rung, but he may have to start with the younger age groups-From 14 to 18, as a sort of apprenticeship and so that he can define his own style without to much pressure-Incidentally, anyone from 16 upwards is on a Professional contract at a football club. Here's the thing, he has to learn how to be a coach, It isn't just about understanding football, you've got to know how to get your message across to players, get them to enjoy the sessions and the players have to feel like they're getting something from the sessions, it's a form of teaching, and i bet every one of us can remember the teachers in school, college etc who we responded positively towards because they were good at implementing what they wanted us to do-Good Coaching, that's not an easy skill. When i was 14 years old i was coached by jimmy Mullen, i loved his sessions as did plenty of other lads. He went on to manage Burnley, Blackpool and was Ian Porterfields assistant at Aberdeen. I also played Rugby as a schoolboy and was coached by a bloke called Geraint John, he ended up coaching Canada and was performance director at the WRU, i'm sure that both of them gained invaluable experience in coaching youngsters, it would've helped them develop and it would've answered a few questions on whether or not they wanted to progress with their coaching. Having 20 years of experience as a player doesn't count for alot if you want to go into a profession where communication skills are key.

You may well be right, Sol might be able to coach at the top table straight away and become successful, although i doubt it, coaching is much much more than just being a good footballer and having been coached yourself, you have to have a philosophy, an eye for detail and the ability to to get the players to believe in what you implement, that takes time to perfect.