Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
Playing and managing are completely separate, you're no longer one of the lads, you have to make some tough decisions and please people who you really don't like. I find it quite amusing that people are basing Bamba's managerial credentials based on his on field persona, He may be talking a pile of shit that nobody takes any notice of, he may animate himself in order to motivate himself not the other players around him. If we're going to base a players managerial prospects based on their ability to encourage and be vocal, them Peter Schmeichel should be manager of Real Madrid. We don't know if Bamba has the ability to get his message across.
I never said playing and managing was the same, I just don't think a professional football player with many years of experience needs to start on the bottom rung of the coaching ladder, especially if he is getting paid for it. I can see the value of preparing young players for the first team like the role Bellamy has, but most younger age group players never make it, so it is a waste of resources.