+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sol Bamba

Re: Sol Bamba

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    They are two different things mate, most U16's don't make the grade, while the U18's are supposed to be on the periphery of the 1st team, and need professional guidance to make the final step. This is where players like Sol Bamba would be most effective, before they move into to senior management.
    How do you know that Sol Bamba would be effective working with u18's-what gives you that impression?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    How do you know that Sol Bamba would be effective working with u18's-what gives you that impression?
    He might be effective or he might not be effective, but that is where I would place an ex-player with many years of playing experience, who would probably be on a decent coaching salary too. I don't see the point in assigning a player with his level of experience to the younger age groups, as most of them don't make it and end up playing for Barry Town or lower. It would be a total waste of money.

He might be effective or he might not be effective, but that is where I would place an ex-player with many years of playing experience, who would probably be on a decent coaching salary too. I don't see the point in assigning a player with his experience to the younger age groups, as most don't make it and end up playing for Barry Town or lower. It would be a total waste of money.
    So, he may or may not do a good job? basically nobody knows. What makes you think that his experience is more suited towards more senior players? I can't see your logic concerning the younger age groups-sorry.

So, he may or may not do a good job? basically nobody knows. What makes you think that his experience is more suited towards more senior players? I can't see your logic concerning the younger age groups-sorry.
    Go and read the first post again very carefully. This is a hypothetical thread about Sol Bamba being a good manager. Somebody suggested he should start on the bottom rung weeding out those who aren't team players, or have personality issues. Others (me included) agreed it wasn't necessary ... hypothetically speaking.

Go and read the first post again very carefully. This is a hypothetical thread about Sol Bamba being a good manager.
    Right, so hypothetically you'd have him coaching senior players because hypothetically he'd be better at it than coaching the kids?

Right, so hypothetically you'd have him coaching senior players because hypothetically he'd be better at it than coaching the kids?
    Why would you want your most experienced ex-players on high coaching salaries focusing on the kids who aren't going to make it? There are others who can do the (weeding out) job for less money. At a minimum, I would start a player of Bamba's stature and potential in the Bellamy U18's role.

Why would you want your most experienced ex-players on high coaching salaries focusing on the kids who aren't going to make it? There are others who can do the (weeding out) job for less money. At a minimum, I would start a player of Bamba's stature and potential in the Bellamy U18's role.
    Maybe because he may need to learn how to coach players, maybe he couldn't handle the pressure of coaching the first team, who knows? He wouldn't be a high earner either, not in his first coaching roll where he is completely unproven. U18's is generally 16-17 year olds-classed as kids.

Being a leader on the pitch and being one off the pitch are two very different things. See Roy Keane.

I have seen Sol on various panel shows and he does speak well. I do think he could become a good manager. I have absolutely no idea if he would or even if he would want to.

Maybe because he may need to learn how to coach players, maybe he couldn't handle the pressure of coaching the first team, who knows? He wouldn't be a high earner either, not in his first coaching roll where he is completely unproven. U18's is generally 16-17 year olds-classed as kids.
    If he didn't already know how coaching works after having 20 years experience of it, then I think it might be possible to learn how to coach players when he does his Pro licence.

Plenty of players fail and top class players for that matter managing is a completely different ball game

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Plenty of players fail and top class players for that matter managing is a completely different ball game
    It's the same ball game in one respect

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Wales Bales
    It’s not just me is it? People do mean the youth team/U21s when they say kids. Not literally 8 year old kids.

I'm a big Pep fan and very keen to learn about his formative years, so when you have a moment I would love to hear from you.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pep_Gu...agerial_career

That was hard. Do you ever get tired of being wrong? It must be hard knowing that everyone is laughing at you in this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pep_Gu...agerial_career

That was hard. Do you ever get tired of being wrong? It must be hard knowing that everyone is laughing at you in this thread?
    Thanks, so his first coaching job was training players who were on long-term professional contracts. That certainly gives a new meaning to the term starting on the bottom rung of the ladder

Heisenberg

I'd go a step further and say if you need to start off coaching kids, then you probably won't make it as a top manager. Anybody who has got 20 years experience of playing football should already have some ideas about what it takes.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    So you are trying to tell me that football is the only industry that exists where 20 years of experience counts for nothing if you want to move into management, and you have to go back to the bottom rung of the ladder?

Moving away from football for a moment, you wouldn't take a qualified chef and put him on pot washing duties if you wanted to train him to be a manager, whereas with a trainee manager you would, so why would you start a player on the bottom rung of the coaching ladder who has been training profssionally for 20 years? Every profession is the same, or are you saying football is unique when it comes to skills not being transferable?

Heisenberg

So you are trying to tell me that football is the only industry where 20 years of experience counts for nothing if you want to move into management, and you have to go back to the bottom rung?
    I'd go a step further and say if you need to start off coaching kids, then you probably won't make it as a top manager.

I'd go a step further and say if you need to start off coaching kids, then you probably won't make it as a top manager.
    Have you ever even kicked a football in your life?

Heisenberg

Not professionally. I guess I'll never make it as a top manager... in football or at a restaurant, apparently.

Don’t know about kicking a football, but he pinched a tree at Fulham

Funny as f uck with his then young lady at the back of the coach

Not professionally. I guess I'll never make it as a top manager... in football or at a restaurant, apparently.
    All you can do is quote the old cliché that top players don't always make top managers. Well it's the same in any line of business, sometimes the star employees make shit managers regardless of experience, but it doesn't mean they have to start on the bottom rung of the ladder again to find that out.

Heisenberg

All you can do is quote the old cliché that top players don't always make top managers. Well it's the same in any type of business, sometimes the star employees make shit managers.
    ...and sometimes they have to start off managing kids.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

He's never struck me as being the trustworthy type, I've always thought there was something very shady about his character

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

Your memory is shit, Tone. The only accurate thing you mentioned was Fulham (I'm not even giving you "coach" )