• Centurions

2 14.29%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which is the better achievement

Re: Which is the better achievement

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Attachment 2939

Seems like you are right....
    There has been a gradual increase of points the top teams have got over the years.
    They only used about 16 players throughout the season aswell (only 1 sub)

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    They only used about 16 players throughout the season aswell (only 1 sub)
    Still very debatable whether that was a better achievement than man city 100 points in fewer games.
    They used less players, but then so did all of their opponents I would imagine

Arsenal's invincibles
    Or
    Man City's 100 points
    Staying up this year will top promotion last year, I think.

Still very debatable whether that was a better achievement than man city 100 points in fewer games.
    They used less players, but then so did all of their opponents I would imagine
    Debate? On here? Don't be silly. It'll end up moving away from the subject matter and we'll end up calling each other names.

Trying to decide what is 'better' in different eras is almost impossible. I dont think the 100 points has been given the accolades it deserves. Maybe as time passes it will.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Staying up this year will top promotion last year, I think.
    Agree with that

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Debate? On here? Don't be silly. It'll end up moving away from the subject matter and we'll end up calling each other names.

Trying to decide what is 'better' in different eras is almost impossible. I dont think the 100 points has been given the accolades it deserves. Maybe as time passes it will.
    Yeah it's almost impossible to compare different eras in any sport. It is interesting why the top clubs seem to be getting more and more points on average as years go by, yes they have more money these days, but so do the opposition

Yeah it's almost impossible to compare different eras in any sport. It is interesting why the top clubs seem to be getting more and more points on average as years go by, yes they have more money these days, but so do the opposition
    The top teams shop globally and they can offer Champions League football, hence that is where the best players end up.

Ok let's phrase the question another way...

You stumble across a dusty old lamp in a cave somewhere, give it a run and out pops a genie, your first two wishes are obvious : £100 billion pounds and for piers Morgan to catch his scrotum on barbed wire once a week.
    But you're stumped for the third, so the genie offers you two choices - go the next season unbeaten, or go the next season winning 88% of the points available - which of those 2 options would you choose?
    Unbeaten. I fancy another side to hit 100 points before another goes unbeaten.

Ok let's phrase the question another way...

You stumble across a dusty old lamp in a cave somewhere, give it a run and out pops a genie, your first two wishes are obvious : £100 billion pounds and for piers Morgan to catch his scrotum on barbed wire once a week.
    But you're stumped for the third, so the genie offers you two choices - go the next season unbeaten, or go the next season winning 88% of the points available - which of those 2 options would you choose?
    Got to be the first option and I don’t really care about the money

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Got to be the first option and I don’t really care about the money
    Piers Morgan scrotum barbed wire?

Arsenal should have lost against Portsmouth if Pires hadn’t dived. And then we wouldn’t even be talking about them.

Getting 100 points is the sign of a better team imo. Especially as there are more top teams now than there were during the invincibles season.

I think the 100 points is more impressive. There are only 114 points available to play for - that's 88% of the points they could have had
    Why did you ask if you knew the answer? 😁

Piers Morgan scrotum barbed wire?
    Yes although I could think of more painful ways to punish him

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Arsenal should have lost against Portsmouth if Pires hadn’t dived. And then we wouldn’t even be talking about them.

Getting 100 points is the sign of a better team imo. Especially as there are more top teams now than there were during the invincibles season.
    I disagree all the big clubs was on the decline when citeh hit 100%, although I think the invisibles is the better achievement there’s no real wrong answer here and by the way in ref to the pires dive I’m sure you could find a point in every single game that could’ve tipped the balance of the game so it becomes irrelevant really ��

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I disagree all the big clubs was on the decline when citeh hit 100%, although I think the invisibles is the better achievement there’s no real wrong answer here and by the way in ref to the pires dive I’m sure you could find a point in every single game that could’ve tipped the balance of the game so it becomes irrelevant really ��
    Hard to see that that was a better achievement 😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Hard to see that that was a better achievement ������
    It’s been a long day but I’ve had a serious mare there �� I don’t even know why I put % instead of points either

Going unbeaten throughout a season beats 100 points in a season in the weakest Premier League ever for me.

Attachment 2939

Seems like you are right....
    There has been a gradual increase of points the top teams have got over the years.
    Interesting to see Liverpool 2018 has crept in there