+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fulham sack Ranieri

Fulham sack Ranieri

Big Sam to the rescue?

Re: Fulham sack Ranieri

I’d rather go down than have that bloated arse hole anywhere near us.

MAKE FULHAM GREAT AGAIN

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Big Sam to the rescue?
    "This is a public service announcement. Pints of wine are now available in the concourse".

Probably too late considering they have Chelsea, Liverpool and Man City as 3 out of the next four games

Given their next few games, Fulham are almost certainly down. There is no way Sam will go there and be relegated - his ego wouldn’t allow it. Same reason he ruled himself out of the Huddersfield job a while back

Part of me is wondered if Fulham are accepting relegation sacking Ranieri? They hired him to keep them up, it hasn't worked so they can "do a West Brom" and give it to someone who'll definitely be there next season.

Quote Originally Posted by celticknight View Post
    Part of me is wondered if Fulham are accepting relegation sacking Ranieri? They hired him to keep them up, it hasn't worked so they can "do a West Brom" and give it to someone who'll definitely be there next season.
    They are going to take a look at what Scott Parker can do for them between now and the end of the season. If he raises the morale, the team play better, especially the defence and they pick up a few points, then it looks like the job might well be his next season (according to my Fulham supporting mate)

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I doubt Sam Allardyce could save Fulham or Cardiff so I doubt he will be coming to CCFC or going to Fulham, Though I have just been told that he could be tempted if ' Peters Pies ' were to agree to giving him a lifetime supply of snacks.

Very bizarre decision....still they obv dint want him in the championship next season so start building now I guess....

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I don’t think Neil was on the top of any city fans Christmas list before arriving, I would have him for 2/3 seasons while working a plan in the background to take the club forward

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Very bizarre decision....still they obv dint want him in the championship next season so start building now I guess....

Hardly surprising as he has all his best players on the bench

Crazy. But desperate times call for desperate measures.

Let's hope there's no "new manager bounce" when we go there...

He had to go, not his fault that we have been awful. But he never helped his cause. Bizarre substitutes does not play cairney, if does out of position and ineffective, worse season ever, should of gave jokanovic the whole season, last 2 years we cane good after Xmas, and should of took the lead st Liverpool in his last game, linesman cock up. We are playing for pride, good lick Cardiff you show fight and passion

Quote Originally Posted by Fulham traveller View Post
    He had to go, not his fault that we have been awful. But he never helped his cause. Bizarre substitutes does not play cairney, if does out of position and ineffective, worse season ever, should of gave jokanovic the whole season, last 2 years we cane good after Xmas, and should of took the lead st Liverpool in his last game, linesman cock up. We are playing for pride, good lick Cardiff you show fight and passion
    Aw Ft, this football is a twat isn’t it, you must have had high hopes after ‘strengthening’ in the summer. Never foreseeing that you’d be posting on here at 2.47am on St David’s Day lamenting your plight. Looks like you and Huddersfield are gone and at least can start planning your clear outs (if that’s financially possible) while we cling on in ever decreasing hope. Good luck for the rest of the season bar against us but I fear it’s too late for you.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I don’t think Neil was on the top of any city fans Christmas list before arriving, I would have him for 2/3 seasons while working a plan in the background to take the club forward
    On the way back from Burton myself and my mate ( who has managed in the Welsh League) were both saying the club HAD to go for Warnock and that he was the only one who we could see could turn it around.

Personally though I don’t like or rate Allardyce, I’ll probably get smashed by someone with a load of facts of how well he has done, but I just wouldn’t want him anywhere near City.

Seems that most clubs take him in just as a very short term measure. He comes across as cold and selfish.

Warnock for me immerses himself in the club and changes the whole ethos of it. In our case, for the better

Have any of the clubs Warnock has managed moved forward in terms of infrastructure during his time with them? Have they been in a stronger long-term position once he has left?

Personally, I don’t view Warnock as the kind of manager who leaves behind a tangible legacy. Very few managers set up their teams to play the game the way he does, so any new manager coming in usually needs to overhaul the playing and back room staff. Meanwhile, what’s happening with the youth set-up is anyone’s guess as the club’s youngsters don’t get anywhere near the first team, but I very much doubt the junior sides are playing the Warnock way.

I think you're very wrong on that one - at the time, many were calling for Warnock to be the manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    On the way back from Burton myself and my mate ( who has managed in the Welsh League) were both saying the club HAD to go for Warnock and that he was the only one who we could see could turn it around.

Personally though I don’t like or rate Allardyce, I’ll probably get smashed by someone with a load of facts of how well he has done, but I just wouldn’t want him anywhere near City.

Seems that most clubs take him in just as a very short term measure. He comes across as cold and selfish.

Warnock for me immerses himself in the club and changes the whole ethos of it. In our case, for the better
    I was just trying to point out he wasn’t exactly the most liked person similar to Sam. It is hard to knock big sam’s achievements but he did go up in my estimations when he laughed at that Spanish jack twat

I wanted Warnock for years. It’s nothing to do with style of football I just think allardyce is an awful prick.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Have any of the clubs Warnock has managed moved forward in terms of infrastructure during his time with them? Have they been in a stronger long-term position once he has left?

Personally, I don’t view Warnock as the kind of manager who leaves behind a tangible legacy. Very few managers set up their teams to play the game the way he does, so any new manager coming in usually needs to overhaul the playing and back room staff. Meanwhile, what’s happening with the youth set-up is anyone’s guess as the club’s youngsters don’t get anywhere near the first team, but I very much doubt the junior sides are playing the Warnock way.
    I do fear this TLG. Warnock's style and player choice are insular. When he leaves unless the next manager is a clone (it might be Blackwell) there will be a massive rebuilding, redirecting exercise to do. With the loans and players with only 1 year left on their contracts, there could be major upheaval. I think this is a major reason to stay in the PL, relegation could/will result in another restructuring.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post

100% win record as England manager.

Not as if he's been caught taking a bribe is it?

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig View Post
    Given their next few games, Fulham are almost certainly down. There is no way Sam will go there and be relegated - his ego wouldn’t allow it. Same reason he ruled himself out of the Huddersfield job a while back
    Hell of a pay packet though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I would say that’s probably true of a lot of managers. Even the ones who are pretty progressive sign players who work in their style.

I think planning for infrastructure and the future should be something the club are bad at rather than the manager.