+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Willie McKay interview

Re: Willie McKay interview

Quote Originally Posted by Flyer46 View Post
    I thought it was 10% of the transfer fee, so the spiv would earn over a million (£1.5m is rumoured )

Sadly you have hit the nail on the head, McKay used the 'Mates Rates' option, though I am not sure how much longer McKay & Henderson will be Mates? I would like to see McKay & Henderson being Cell mates?

I am not sure any of the Top Six clubs would supply a Learjet... a few of the Top Six clubs have directors that have personal aircraft (i.e. THFC with A.Sugar.... AFC had a Citation 550 but now have a Airbus A340 & H175 Chopper at their disposal.... AFC had a Piper Navajo & Bae 125 quite a few years back before the 550..... though I suspect the Big Six would use Airline tickets as should CCFC in this instance.

He certainly did fail in his duty of care for his valued client & he didn't just abandon him, he left him at the mercy of someone who shouldn't have been flying at night.

I too am hoping he & Henderson get caught in the CAA enforcement units sights.
    If Sala was on his way to a top 6 club I’m pretty sure McKay would have made damn sure he would have been on a private jet paid Out of his fee. You dont think he’s never heard of netjets ?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Just re reading.

So basically willie mckay is saying cardiff city neglected sala- because they let him get on a plane organised by willie mckay.

Ok.........

What a sorry state of affairs for all.

I just hope this whole thing goes away

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Bluebird View Post
    If Sala was on his way to a top 6 club I’m pretty sure McKay would have made damn sure he would have been on a private jet paid Out of his fee. You dont think he’s never heard of netjets ?
    I am sure McKay has heard of NetJets, but I am sure he would always try to use 'Mates Rates Air Services' whenever he can.
    He has said himself that he regularly uses Henderson & through David Henderson - an experienced pilot who has flown him and many of his players "all over Europe on countless occasions" is as good an endorsement as one can get that he uses 'Mates Rates Air Services' whenever he can.

Dave Henderson was the designated PA31 Pilot when Willie McKay owned G-EEJE (CAA records showed Mark McKay & Excelfoot as the owner, even though we all know Willie pulls the strings in any McKay emporium ) Dave Henderson was the designated Cool Flourish Pilot when Willie McKay used their aircraft, it is rumoured that Willie McKay was involved in N88NA PA32 & N112WM PA32 when they were on the Horse Racing charters.... I wonder if N112WM was just a coincidental registration?

So, I stand by the thoughts that he uses 'Mates Rates Air Services' whenever he can.
    What I can't get my head around was why Sala flew back from Cardiff on the Saturday in N264DB when his 'real agent' flew back Friday evening in N14EF ( a PA46 350P DLX ) it would have made sense for Sala & his agent to fly back in the DLX together.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Just re reading.

So basically willie mckay is saying cardiff city neglected sala- because they let him get on a plane organised by willie mckay.

Ok.........
    Willie McKay was saying Cardiff City FC neglected Sala by putting him in a Hotel, so he 'stepped in' to get Sala a 'Ruskins flight' to Nantes & back even though Sala was comfy in a hotel with internet access trying to book an airline ticket !!!!

Remind me to use Willie McKay for all our Flight arrangements because he clearly knows more than us mortals when it comes to that type of thing.

I bet the Sala family wished Emiliano had made his flight arrangements himself whilst in his hotel room instead of trusting the Jock Spiv.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    What a sorry state of affairs for all.

I just hope this whole thing goes away
    I don't think this whole thing will be going away for quite a while, this could be a long running saga & the end result won't be pleasant either way.

Scum.

The screenshot and translation of the WhatsApp messages between the City Player Liaison Officer and Sala, in the Mail, shows McKay organised the flight, was charging Sala and that the club had offered a commercial flight but McKay had already booked the fateful flight for the Monday evening. Nothing about a Monday morning flight. Abandoned...no. All Willie McKays doing and he knows it.

Quote Originally Posted by JennyWren View Post
    Well, as a neutral observer I am wondering why Cardiff didn't insist that their record signing flew according to their requirements. Also, what avenues are Cardiff currently investigating to avoid paying Nantes - did the Welshers get anywhere with trying to find out if there was genuine interest in him? Did the renegers get anywhere trying to claim that he was never their player.

Let's be honest, if Bristol or Swansea behaved the way Cardiff have, you would be taking Nantes' and probably the "smug twat" McKay's sde
    That's very nuetral of you. I particularly like the racist use of the word "welshers". Well done, go to the top of your class.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    The screenshot and translation of the WhatsApp messages between the City Player Liaison Officer and Sala, in the Mail, shows McKay organised the flight, was charging Sala and that the club had offered a commercial flight but McKay had already booked the fateful flight for the Monday evening. Nothing about a Monday morning flight. Abandoned...no. All Willie McKays doing and he knows it.
    This pretty much proves McKay’s comments as bollox

He’s looking very guilty here of trying to make a quick buck and show off with Sala, all the time cutting corners .

The only shadow over this for me is why on earth we had his 2 lads in our academy, I hate to say it, but I’d say it was more to do with their dads contacts than their football ability.

Surely no coincidence that most of the players we were linked with were French which is the market McKay was operating in.

Good to see the club distancing themselves from him, but we’ve got to hope that we never go down the road of involvement with this type of person again.

It’s not like he didn’t have a dodgy history

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    This pretty much proves McKay’s comments as bollox

He’s looking very guilty here of trying to make a quick buck and show off with Sala, all the time cutting corners .

The only shadow over this for me is why on earth we had his 2 lads in our academy, I hate to say it, but I’d say it was more to do with their dads contacts than their football ability.

Surely no coincidence that most of the players we were linked with were French which is the market McKay was operating in.

Good to see the club distancing themselves from him, but we’ve got to hope that we never go down the road of involvement with this type of person again.

It’s not like he didn’t have a dodgy history
    Willie McKay's previous history is well documented, I doubt that is anything that wasn't already known by those who know of him or have had dealings with him.

ffs he has a cocaine caution against him from 2012 when he had been spotted talking on his mobile as he drove a Mercedes on Pall Mall, Central London. A police computer check showed he was under a ban for racking up too many penalty points. A bag of cocaine was then found in the car, McKay, of Bawtry, South Yorks, admitted driving while disqualified and without insurance and was fined £6,115.
    He accepted a police caution for possessing Class A drugs on August 13 2012. Another 18 months was added to his ban. District Judge Quentin Purdy said: “You arrogantly chose to abuse the ban." Well, that doesn't sound to me like someone who likes to be a lawful citizen. He was told by the Judge “If you drive during the next 18 months you will almost certainly be going into custody.”

With regards to football agents, What's the point of the scouting departments if players can be hawked by some random agent?

Whilst not condoning McKays business etc, I can see the theory behind it. It's fair to say that PL clubs will have scouted a fair amount of players from the big leagues but there does seem to be an ever increasing amount of football agents getting involved in sourcing players - Sala included.

They know what they're getting with the player, but what they don't know is the availability of the player. So McKay can go to Nantes and say "Sala, I reckon I can get £15m for him in the PL - whatcha reckon?" Nantes will like the sound of that, so then he'll go to PL clubs and say that Sala is available for £15m.

This then lets the scouting department make an informed choice about where he'd fit in with their list of targets, as they've got a figure readily available without having to make any enquiries - basically saving themselves a load of time of having to deal with the club when the likes of Sala could have been way down their list of potential targets.

If a Scout looks at a player & that player is in their opinion good enough to play at a football club they represent does the Scout get a 'kick back' if the player comes to the club?

Trying to get my head around if in the case of Sala whether there was a Scout & Agent involved? or was Willie McKay the 'one stop shop'?

Willie McKay seems to have a fair bit of 'clout' at CCFC because to get his 2 lads into the CCFC Academy whilst they are not great footballers makes no sense if there wasn't a bit of power given to Willie McKay by CCFC.
    That said, it seems Willie McKay doesn't have the same 'clout' at other PL clubs...otherwise his 2 lads would be at higher ranked clubs.

I think after the Sala investigation is concluded, Willie McKay won't have any involvement in brokering transfers for footballers because the only wingers he will be talking with will be those from the Left Wing or Right Wing of the prison that he will be residing in.

Yes, it would seem McKay's comments are pure bollocks.

The What's Ap message shows flight details from Cardiff to CDG Paris and nothing about the return flight.

[QUOzTE=Vindec;4955287]The What's Ap message shows flight details from Cardiff to CDG Paris and nothing about the return flight.[/QUOTE]
    The messages states Sala has a flight from Cardiff to Nantes and returning on the Monday night. All sorted by McKay. The suggestion is a Flybe flight and shows the club were trying to sort out his flight(s) but McKay had already sorted out the transport.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    The What's Ap message shows flight details from Cardiff to CDG Paris and nothing about the return flight.
    The messages states Sala has a flight from Cardiff to Nantes and returning on the Monday night. All sorted by McKay. The suggestion is a Flybe flight and shows the club were trying to sort out his flight(s) but McKay had already sorted out the transport.
    Yeah, We should all rely on Willie McKay to arrange flights for TOP CLASS FOOTBALLERS ( I wonder if he is ABTA approved as a Travel Agent because he is shite as a football agent ? )

Martin Robinson, chief executive of the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association, said

"It's the responsibility of the person who organised the flight to have a suitably qualified pilot at the controls and to ensure the pilot had sufficient flying experience for this kind of flight and for the weather conditions that may be encountered.
    "Mr Sala would have had no knowledge of David Ibbotson's licence but the person organising it should have known about that.
    "They've let this man down."

Yes you did Willie and Dave, let’s hope you pay for this negligence