+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Willie McKay interview

Willie McKay interview

Re: Willie McKay interview

Just read it matey, I think this is a story that will go on and on....

What else is he going to say?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    What else is he going to say?
    Saying he left the flight in Daves hands, that went well didn’t it? Sounds like such a smug twat mackay, making out he did all the right things and city left Sala to fend fir himself. Uh you put him on an old plane with an unregistered pilot who wasn’t allowed to fly at night and it was bad weather....brilliant eh?

No shock really, very surprised that he’s in a fit state to comment though after being chucked under a bus!

Who's word would you trust...McKay or people of the calibre of Dalman/Choo/Tan. I back the Club every time.

He says he paid for the flights , which makes it a commercial venture for which the pilot didn't have the licence, so they must bear some responsibility. Not the pilot's fault though.

"Sala was 'abandoned' by Cardiff - former agent McKay"

You lying smug prick. We've stated weeks ago that Cardiff offered a commercial flight so why wait until weeks after the crash to spin this tale?

Methinks the bankrupt money-grabber protests too much.

Saw the interview on BBC News. Must be a really slow news day....

Throwing Dave Henderson under the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Throwing Dave Henderson under the bus.
    Indeed. And anyone else he can.

I am not surprised by his words but could he come across any worse?

Even trying to be the better guy and taking the moral highground by boasting he is not chasing nantes “at the moment” for the £1.5 million his family are owed because of the transfer! What a selfless hero!!

He shouldn't have even been anywhere close to the transfer or the people involved. Advising his son my arse. His son was only used as a front for himself cos he's no longer an agent himself.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    He shouldn't have even been anywhere close to the transfer or the people involved. Advising his son my arse. His son was only used as a front for himself cos he's no longer an agent himself.
    This alone should at the very least an extremely unreliable witness.

Absolutely clear what he is doing.

Despite earning close to a million this spiv couldn’t be bothered to ring up a licenced air taxi firm and use a public transport aircraft With two commercially licenced and type rated crew up front.

He took the cheap option because it was only “Cardiff City” and used the equivalent of an unlicensed taxi to transport a £15m asset.

If Sala was on his way to a top six club he would have been on a Learjet.

He failed in his duty of care for his client and the only one doing the abandoning was him.

I’m hoping he’s in the cross hairs of the CAA enforcement unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Indeed. And anyone else he can.

I am not surprised by his words but could he come across any worse?

Even trying to be the better guy and taking the moral highground by boasting he is not chasing nantes “at the moment” for the £1.5 million his family are owed because of the transfer! What a selfless hero!!
    Doesn't "want" the blood money. He likened the flight he arrangrd to someone getting into a taxi without checking the driver's licence. Um...photo ID where it can be seen by passengers. Licence plates on the vehicle. Approved taxi ranks. Nightime stewards on duty. Or, get in a very old car in a back street, at night, in the dark, with an unlicensed driver, in winter on a long journey and hope you get home OK. The latter is the McKay way of doing it which is OK by him. No problem.

He is s.hitting himself. If I'm going down you're all going with me.
    His top lip was sweating

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    He is s.hitting himself. If I'm going down you're all going with me.
    His top lip was sweating
    The body language said it all. All "Donald, no flies on me,Trump". Everyone else is wrong and I'm innocent. Notwithstanding Willie elbowed his son into the deal on his behalf. If that's not dodgy, what is?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47406109

I call " Bullshit " on that recorded interview.... You can tell when Willie is telling a lie......his lips move

What a crass statement this is to make "I don't care to tell the truth - I really don't care because what we've been through is total hell," Willie McKay said.

It goes without saying that Willie McKay doesn't care to tell the truth, he is lying his arse off in every aspect, it doesn't surprise me that he is 'Throwing Henderson under the bus'

I doubt the CAA said that Dave Ibbotson was legal to fly Sala at night, they might have opined that Dave Ibbotson was legal to fly during the day because the CAA are well aware that he had a daytime only restriction on his licence & they were aware that he had renewed his class 2 medical in November 2018 for a 12 month period. They wouldn't have said it how McKay is claiming.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Saying he left the flight in Daves hands, that went well didn’t it? Sounds like such a smug twat mackay, making out he did all the right things and city left Sala to fend fir himself. Uh you put him on an old plane with an unregistered pilot who wasn’t allowed to fly at night and it was bad weather....brilliant eh?
    DOES HE EXPECT US TO BELEIVE THIS BULLSHIT,WE JUST SPENT 15MIL AND LEFT HIM TO HIS OWN DEVICES FFS.

David Ibbotson wasn't an unregistered pilot, he was a licenced pilot who was perfectly licenced to fly that aircraft in daylight conditions, he just wasn't licenced to fly it at night.....That is the most poignant fact about this accident.

Based on facts only, David Ibbotson lost his life breaking a few rules by flying at night & flying without a valid Instrument rating or IMC rating.

In the interview of McKay he says " He was paying all the costs of the flight " so if he has paid Henderson to arrange the flight, it is assumed that Henderson was paying Ibbotson ( that is 99% confirmed ).

David Ibbotson previously had an IMC rating, so he did have previous I.F. training & practice, it is known that his IMC rating wasn't valid at the time of the accident but a bit like 'riding a bike' you do know what you have to do even if you aren't practiced in it.

In all honesty, the bits I can't condone are the Night flying & not having a valid IMC rating or IR.... the payment (if any) could be appropriated to anything so I am sure the organisers have covered their arses on that.

I have my own thoughts on the final stages of the fateful flight which was that an uncontrolled descent into the water occurred ( whether it descended 'wings steady' or 'spinning like a banshee' is unclear) personally I think it was 'spinning like a banshee' based on what I have been told about a previous incident that Ibbotson was involved in.

You're getting your Mackays and McKays mixed. Don't think even VT can pin this one on Mackay.

Well, as a neutral observer I am wondering why Cardiff didn't insist that their record signing flew according to their requirements. Also, what avenues are Cardiff currently investigating to avoid paying Nantes - did the Welshers get anywhere with trying to find out if there was genuine interest in him? Did the renegers get anywhere trying to claim that he was never their player.

Let's be honest, if Bristol or Swansea behaved the way Cardiff have, you would be taking Nantes' and probably the "smug twat" McKay's sde

Quote Originally Posted by JennyWren View Post
    Well, as a neutral observer I am wondering why Cardiff didn't insist that their record signing flew according to their requirements. Also, what avenues are Cardiff currently investigating to avoid paying Nantes - did the Welshers get anywhere with trying to find out if there was genuine interest in him? Did the renegers get anywhere trying to claim that he was never their player.

Let's be honest, if Bristol or Swansea behaved the way Cardiff have, you would be taking Nantes' and probably the "smug twat" McKay's sde
    Is that you Daya ?

£1.5 million for basically lying and creating a story about other clubs being interested in signing him.
    No wonder agents are despised so many.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Bluebird View Post
    Despite earning close to a million this spiv couldn’t be bothered to ring up a licenced air taxi firm and use a public transport aircraft With two commercially licenced and type rated crew up front.
    I thought it was 10% of the transfer fee, so the spiv would earn over a million (£1.5m is rumoured )

He took the cheap option because it was only “Cardiff City” and used the equivalent of an unlicensed taxi to transport a £15m asset.
    Sadly you have hit the nail on the head, McKay used the 'Mates Rates' option, though I am not sure how much longer McKay & Henderson will be Mates? I would like to see McKay & Henderson being Cell mates?

If Sala was on his way to a top six club he would have been on a Learjet.
    I am not sure any of the Top Six clubs would supply a Learjet... a few of the Top Six clubs have directors that have personal aircraft (i.e. THFC with A.Sugar.... AFC had a Citation 550 but now have a Airbus A340 & H175 Chopper at their disposal.... AFC had a Piper Navajo & Bae 125 quite a few years back before the 550..... though I suspect the Big Six would use Airline tickets as should CCFC in this instance.

He failed in his duty of care for his client and the only one doing the abandoning was him.
    He certainly did fail in his duty of care for his valued client & he didn't just abandon him, he left him at the mercy of someone who shouldn't have been flying at night.

I’m hoping he’s in the cross hairs of the CAA enforcement unit.
    I too am hoping he & Henderson get caught in the CAA enforcement units sights.

Quote Originally Posted by JennyWren View Post

Oh dear