Brazil legend Pele has revealed that he would have loved to play for Arsenal, which is the only club in England he would have considered had he been available for selection on this day. Regarded as one of the best players ever in the history of the game, the Brazilian disclosed that he had snubbed approaches from the likes of Manchester United to stay in Brazil.

Pele revealed that he may have moved to another club during his prime had the concept of agents been more prevalent during his time. The Brazilian believes the agents decide which club would provide a wholesome experience to the player and it is on their advice that a player decides his future.

Pele said "I was invited to come to Europe many times, to come to Real Madrid, Milan, Manchester United but I was OK. Santos was the best team at that time," he continued. "But today is different. Because in my time we didn't have an agent. These days it is not the player, it is the agent who decides where they go to play. A lot of players they play for one or another team because the agent tells them."

I wonder what he would make of the Sala incident? His article seems to show him to have a high regard for football agents..... I bet he wouldn't think they were so great if he knew what goes on in UK football with football agents 'creaming off the transfer fees' & feeling it is 'right to profiteer from falsely making claims that high profile teams are after someone when they really aren't !!!

Thank god there wasn't people around acting as agents like Willie McKay when Pele was playing. I would imagine that with Pele stating that he would only want to play for Arsenal FC, someone like Willie McKay would have 'bullshitted' Arsenal FC saying Real Madrid, Milan & Man U are keen to snap him up so you need to make a stonking offer to get him.

I read that as a 17yr old Pele was the man to knock Wales out of the 1958 World Cup Quarter finals by scoring the only goal in the match, I read that the goal he scored against Wales was his 1st ever International Goal so it looks like Pele will always be remembered as being the guy who stopped Wales from getting to a World Cup Semi final or World Cup final.

Nice bit of history there for the old timers.