+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emiliano Sala death: Pilot 'dropped out of commercial training'

Emiliano Sala death: Pilot 'dropped out of commercial training'

More murky stuff to emerge from the tragedy. This is a sad story that will run and run

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-47417434

Re: Emiliano Sala death: Pilot 'dropped out of commercial training'

Lot if wriggling going on , why no comment from the original pilot , very shady ,very sad.

What stands out to me is the last part of that article. Where it says that the person or people organising the flight have let Sala down, as it was their responsibility to check the pilot was qualified and able to carry him as a passenger.

I'd assume this is why we are holding off payment to Nantes. If Mark McKay is the agent for Nantes and he didn't check everything was in order then it looks like he's at least partly liable. If you're in charge of flying an expensive footballer from one place to another you need to be damn sure everything is in order.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    What stands out to me is the last part of that article. Where it says that the person or people organising the flight have let Sala down, as it was their responsibility to check the pilot was qualified and able to carry him as a passenger.

I'd assume this is why we are holding off payment to Nantes. If Mark McKay is the agent for Nantes and he didn't check everything was in order then it looks like he's at least partly liable. If you're in charge of flying an expensive footballer from one place to another you need to be damn sure everything is in order.
    Or flying anyone regardless of who they are!!!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Or flying anyone regardless of who they are!!!
    Yeah of course.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Lot if wriggling going on , why no comment from the original pilot , very shady ,very sad.
    The last comment from him was his comment he wasnt dead wasnt it?

Henderson is the key to all of this. I've thought that from the start.

:
    Quote Originally Posted by rs3100 View Post
    I might be reading this wrong but it seems that you’re saying that you wouldn’t want to be on a plane flown by shb. Are you saying he/she is not competent to fly?
    I don’t think our friend Mr 46 is in any position to judge anyone’s flying capabilities

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Bluebird View Post
    You sound a bit bitter Walt.
    Not bitter, fed up with your arrogance & ignorance maybe.
    Well in terms of flying hours you certainly haven’t been doing any this week have you
    Certainly not as many as you, but then again I never claimed I had 3hrs is all this week
    Is the “PA46” in the hangar for maintenance ?
    No, it is sitting ready to fly, ironically due to such a widespread knowledge now that the PA46 Malibu is what the accident aircraft was, punters are wanting to avoid flying in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyer46 View Post
    Not bitter, fed up with your arrogance & ignorance maybe.

Certainly not as many as you, but then again I never claimed I had 3hrs is all this week

No, it is sitting ready to fly, ironically due to such a widespread knowledge now that the PA46 Malibu is what the accident aircraft was, punters are wanting to avoid flying in it.
    The only ironic thing here is that there are no commercial operators of the PA46 in the country

:

I don’t think our friend Mr 46 is in any position to judge anyone’s flying capabilities
    That is for me to know & you to find out
    To openly answer rs3100 You did read it wrong !!!..... I said " I am hoping you weren't ever an instructor at anywhere I have had a checkout or done a flight revalidation at? " it should have actually said "I am hoping you weren't ever an instructor at anywhere I have had a checkout or done a flight revalidation with?"

That is a reference to the facts that most flying instructors are lowtime pilots building hours for the chance to get into an airline pilot career, during their lowtime hour building they sometimes are tasked with completing the 1hr instructional flight for a pilot who is more experienced than them for their revalidation purposes.

I can grab any flying instructor to sit alongside me in the PA46 or whatever & be legal with the 1hr instructional flight documented when I get the next CofE signed off. Most instructors have never been near a complex aircraft because the only really know the simple trainers as that is their day to day buggy.

I was just enquiring where he did instruct? for all I know we might know each other, I asked about which airline he flew for because I am guessing he is a Virgin pilot?

The only ironic thing here is that there are no commercial operators of the PA46 in the country
    Again an assumption that we are a commercial operator in this country, you already know it isn't a Golf registered PA46 because that has already been stated so why assume it is on a UK AOC?

As it is I am not going to get into your DEBATING because I don't need to justify anything to do with our operations ( especially not at a time when SEP & SET operations are being scrutinized with a finetooth comb.)

Again an assumption that we are a commercial operator in this country, you already know it isn't a Golf registered PA46 because that has already been stated so why assume it is on a UK AOC?

As it is I am not going to get into your DEBATING because I don't need to justify anything to do with our operations ( especially not at a time when SEP & SET operations are being scrutinized with a finetooth comb.)
    No Probs Walt.

Whose reg is it on ? .......one of those dodgy tax haven ones ?

Your story doesn’t stack up old chap.

let’s just hope your not getting involved in any “grey” charter activity as well then

Ps SEP & SET have been clearly defined by EASA since 2014.

That is for me to know & you to find out
    To openly answer rs3100 You did read it wrong !!!..... I said " I am hoping you weren't ever an instructor at anywhere I have had a checkout or done a flight revalidation at? " it should have actually said "I am hoping you weren't ever an instructor at anywhere I have had a checkout or done a flight revalidation with?"

That is a reference to the facts that most flying instructors are lowtime pilots building hours for the chance to get into an airline pilot career, during their lowtime hour building they sometimes are tasked with completing the 1hr instructional flight for a pilot who is more experienced than them for their revalidation purposes.

I can grab any flying instructor to sit alongside me in the PA46 or whatever & be legal with the 1hr instructional flight documented when I get the next CofE signed off. Most instructors have never been near a complex aircraft because the only really know the simple trainers as that is their day to day buggy.

I was just enquiring where he did instruct? for all I know we might know each other, I asked about which airline he flew for because I am guessing he is a Virgin pilot?
    Multi engine IR Instructor.....

Watching Sky High Bluebird ruin Flyer46 over and over again is hilarious but also slightly painful to watch

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Watching Sky High Bluebird ruin Flyer46 over and over again is hilarious but also slightly painful to watch
    It Takes away the pain of yet another drubbing

No Probs Walt.

Whose reg is it on ? .......one of those dodgy tax haven ones ?

Your story doesn’t stack up old chap.

let’s just hope your not getting involved in any “grey” charter activity as well then

Ps SEP & SET have been clearly defined by EASA since 2014.
    SHB,
    Unlike McKay I am not going to try to justify everything to try to look squeaky clean.
    What I can say is that after the Sala incident we ( as well as others ) have had to sharpen up on a fair few things in terms of how we operate.
    Even the FAA registered Eclipse Jet flight that safely flew Sala to Cardiff was whilst supposedly on a AOC now been deemed as a “grey” charter activity.
    Even the FAA registered Malibu DLX flight that safely flew Sala's agent from Cardiff after Sala had signed was whilst supposedly on a AOC now been deemed as a “grey” charter activity.

You & I will never see eye to eye or be inclined to agree on anything, so it might be better if we both keep our opinions on each other to ourselves.

It Takes away the pain of yet another drubbing
    There lies your problem You need to find something to make you feel better after a drubbing
    I don't need to find something to make me feel better because I am happy with life & not swayed by what a football team does.

My boss seems to be a bit like you in as much as his mood changes when a certain team don't win, today his team managed a draw.

SHB,
    Unlike McKay I am not going to try to justify everything to try to look squeaky clean.
    What I can say is that after the Sala incident we ( as well as others ) have had to sharpen up on a fair few things in terms of how we operate.
    Even the FAA registered Eclipse Jet flight that safely flew Sala to Cardiff was whilst supposedly on a AOC now been deemed as a “grey” charter activity.
    Even the FAA registered Malibu DLX flight that safely flew Sala's agent from Cardiff after Sala had signed was whilst supposedly on a AOC now been deemed as a “grey” charter activity.

You & I will never see eye to eye or be inclined to agree on anything, so it might be better if we both keep our opinions on each other to ourselves.
    Too many holes in your story old boy.

There are no commercial operators in Europe of the PA46.

Likewise no european operator has sought the permission of the FAA to operate the aircraft on a commercial AOC....BECAUSE THERE ARENT ANY.

No one flies it dual crew as you claimed in an earlier post...because it’s certified for single crew only.

Sharpen up what exactly ?.... in a previous post you claimed your operation was a full EASA AOC.....Another tall tale I presume.

Your whole story is a figment of your admittedly creative imagination.

There lies your problem You need to find something to make you feel better after a drubbing
    I don't need to find something to make me feel better because I am happy with life & not swayed by what a football team does.

My boss seems to be a bit like you in as much as his mood changes when a certain team don't win, today his team managed a draw.

I think your fundamental problem is a lack of a sense of humour......and maybe Aspergers

Too many holes in your story old boy.
    No holes in my story The whole thing is watertight.

There are no commercial operators in Europe of the PA46.
    Really? There are quite a few PA46's being operated by commecial operators in Europe, so you got that wrong Trust me you don't know everything though you like to think you do !!!
    Likewise no european operator has sought the permission of the FAA to operate the aircraft on a commercial AOC....BECAUSE THERE ARENT ANY.
    You might not know of any, but there are quite a few that are being operated with FAA registrations purporting to be on AOC's...see: This is the operator of the Malibu that Sala's agent used, so explain how they operate it commercially whilst being FAA registered? https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/11305530
    No one flies it dual crew as you claimed in an earlier post...because it’s certified for single crew only.
    Certified for single crew doesn't stop anyone opting for a co-pilot as an added bonus when carrying passengers, I did say we do both Single crew & dual crew so there are a few holes in your argument.
    Sharpen up what exactly ?.... in a previous post you claimed your operation was a full EASA AOC.....Another tall tale I presume.
    Did I not say " we had to sharpen up our act ( as have others ) " When someone looks close enough, they can always find something that isn't fully compliant & suggest a change to get full compliance.
    Your whole story is a figment of your admittedly creative imagination.
    I only have your word for it that you fly an Airbus, for all I know you could be the local Cardiff tramp, but I take everyone on what they tell me because it won't change my life if you are the local tramp or the HEAD BUCK CAT at Virgin Airways.

For all I know, you could be Brian Mitchell (TRE) of Virgin ( except he isn't as argumentive as you are ).

Thanks for brightening up a somewhat dreary evening.

No holes in my story The whole thing is watertight.

Really? There are quite a few PA46's being operated by commecial operators in Europe, so you got that wrong Trust me you don't know everything though you like to think you do !!!

You might not know of any, but there are quite a few that are being operated with FAA registrations purporting to be on AOC's...see: This is the operator of the Malibu that Sala's agent used, so explain how they operate it commercially whilst being FAA registered? https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/11305530

Certified for single crew doesn't stop anyone opting for a co-pilot as an added bonus when carrying passengers, I did say we do both Single crew & dual crew so there are a few holes in your argument.

Did I not say " we had to sharpen up our act ( as have others ) " When someone looks close enough, they can always find something that isn't fully compliant & suggest a change to get full compliance.

I only have your word for it that you fly an Airbus, for all I know you could be the local Cardiff tramp, but I take everyone on what they tell me because it won't change my life if you are the local tramp or the HEAD BUCK CAT at Virgin Airways.

For all I know, you could be Brian Mitchell (TRE) of Virgin ( except he isn't as argumentive as you are ).

Thanks for brightening up a somewhat dreary evening.
    Is that the best you can do from your google search

Yet you seem to be unable to name any such operators.

Altacara Aviation aren’t an AOC are they Walt ?

They are a one man shell company belonging to a London restauranter , quite common for aircraft owners,
    But not for a commercial AOC.

As for sharpening up your act you are now publicly admitting that prior to the sala incident the “company”
    You work for was involved in sharp practices with regards commercial flying activities............interesting !!

Im beginning to think you don’t really thoroughly understand your cut & paste nonsense.

Ps don’t know who Mr Mitchell is and I suspect you don’t but he does come up on a LinkedIn search for top 25 pilot profiles at Virgin Atlantic.

Is that the best you can do from your google search

Yet you seem to be unable to name any such operators.

Altacara Aviation aren’t an AOC are they Walt ?

They are a one man shell company belonging to a London restauranter , quite common for aircraft owners,
    But not for a commercial AOC.

As for sharpening up your act you are now publicly admitting that prior to the sala incident the “company”
    You work for was involved in sharp practices with regards commercial flying activities............interesting !!

Im beginning to think you don’t really thoroughly understand your cut & paste nonsense.

Ps don’t know who Mr Mitchell is and I suspect you don’t but he does come up on a LinkedIn search for top 25 pilot profiles at Virgin Atlantic.
    Brian mitchell you say? He must have been with virgin about 20 years now? If memory serves me he was a communications pilot before that for a bit?

Good lad brian. Easy to get along with.

Ben millar and tony ash are good guys aswell.

Say hello to Sebastian Butler for me.

And not forgetting Katherine Hodge.......Lovely lady apparently ....