+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FT: WOLVERHAMPTON W 2 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: WOLVERHAMPTON W v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Totally. We’re going down because of our inability to defend. The goal difference sums it up. The entire back four to be fair are reasonable Championship players, but that’s where it ends sadly
    I'd argue that some of them have gone backwards since last season if I'm being honest.

I had great hopes Morrison would be a steadying influence and chip in with one or two at the other end. He has been bad for a large part. Individual errors by a few others have cost us games too.

wonder where we'd be with some investment in the back four. Neil is far too loyal to Captain Fantastic and Bamba and sadly that's looking like our downfall this season.

I got in the house just in time to see the wolves goals, so never saw what i believe to be a positive start, we just had two good chances for a goal, don't deserve to be 2 down on what i have seen.

Don't worry though we'll have the same sound bites in the post match interview.

"Oh they're a great bunch of lads...."

In many ways the close relationships he has with some of them makes them almost undroppable.

Some are simply out of their depth. The answer would have been to spend more on quality but the club seem content with striving for the Premier League and then just giving it a cut price plucky go against the odds once we're there.
    It certainly makes the 'chase' for promotion that much more hollow with these owners given their attitude once we're up.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Camarasa showing some nice touches too
    He displays the quality that Wolves have in abundance. He must be wondering what the hell he has let himself into by joining us. I think he must be feeling embarrassed by what he's seeing from many of his team-mates.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    I got in the house just in time to see the wolves goals, so never saw what i believe to be a positive start, we just had two good chances for a goal, don't deserve to be 2 down on what i have seen.
    We deserve to be 2-0 down because of poor defending, however positive we may have been going forward.

Wolves look like they are going to score every time they attack.

GOING FORWARD WE HAVE LOOKED BETTER THAN WE HAVE BEEN FOR AGES. PITY ABOUT THE DEFENCE.

Same old story. The players we have are not good enough for the top level.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Been ****ing about trying to get a stream don’t think I’ll bother now, can’t be a coincidence that since Morrison came back in we’re shipping goals for fun
    I wasn’t talking about the goals conceded today but in general, I did find a link in the end and I’ve seen better defending up Clydach

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    2nd goal yes

First goal Morrison was pulled all over the shop.
    Both goals Bamba's fault. First one he steps out towards the ball and player, he either has to get the ball or foul the player, he does neither, player turns into the space left by Bamba-goal. The second one-**** me!

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Stats from the first half suggested a fairly even game.

Massive test of character now

Reid off for Paterson

Why? Surely bring off one Zohore or Niasse for him?

oh **** me niasse 1st touch is shocking... and he took reid off!!!!

Reid off for Paterson. WTF is Warnock thinking?

We are ****ing useless. I don't know what Tan, Dalman, Choo, Warnock etc are thinking. Mid table championship next season, millions down the drain. Makes no sense.

For all the promise we've shown up top can anybody say hand on heart we've looked like creating a proper chance and scoring up to now?

All I can think is the Ruddy bobble first half and that was more their defending than us creating much.

Great save Etheridge

bravo Etheridge what a save

GO ON RHYS GET A HAT TRICK

Both Brighton and Southampton have just scored :-(

Another worldie for Southampton apparently

When it rains, it pours

great save after he was wrong footed... shocking miss after he wrong footed etheridge in fairness lol...

wow... we hoof it up aimless and just give it away... its awful to watch, you can be a decent athlete and put in a decent shift but the lack of quality is ocean wide

what was pelts thinking there giving him an open shot on goal... if it was not for etheridge it would have been 5-0

MU scored. 3-2.

MU 3-2 final score. Southampton only 2 points ahead of City but goal difference is huge.