+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Locksmiths in Cardiff

Locksmiths in Cardiff

Hi all, I appear to be locked inside my own house! Handle is stuck on my UPVC front door! Does anyone know any reasonably priced locksmiths? Thanks in advance

Re: Locksmiths in Cardiff

If you are DIY minded, knock the pins out of the hinges and lift the door off.

You may be able to see what’s wrong with the lock

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    If you are DIY minded, knock the pins out of the hinges and lift the door off.

You may be able to see what’s wrong with the lock
    What happened to ours, and it’s apparently quite common, is the spring in the handle snapped.

I've used Curley Locks. 02920 814 184. Very efficient. Not cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by smurfhito View Post
    Hi all, I appear to be locked inside my own house! Handle is stuck on my UPVC front door! Does anyone know any reasonably priced locksmiths? Thanks in advance
    What area do you live ??!??

I used PPM locksmiths 02920231717 when my key snapped in the lock a couple of years ago. They were very good but it was in the early hours of the morning s9o wssn't cheap (about 150 parts labour(needed new lock ) and call out I think

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    I used PPM locksmiths 02920231717 when my key snapped in the lock a couple of years ago. They were very good but it was in the early hours of the morning s9o wssn't cheap (about 150 parts labour(needed new lock ) and call out I think
    Was it a uPVC door ?????

New barrel £25 !!!!!!! If you can wait till daytime

theres a member on here who is a locksmith i used him before... may have been called citylee...

Did you get it sorted? If it's a uPVC door you can quite easily crack the lock barrel. I got a pal who rents out properties and when tenants do runners he has to get in. A bolster chisel and a lump hammer do the job. New barrel less than £20 and no £150 call out fee.

If you want to know more, PM me.

Thanks for all the replies, ended up using a recommendation from a friend, a guy called Tony, top bloke and he sorted the problem pretty quickly. I'm now free to leave my house, turned out that part of the inner handle mechanism snapped and got stuck, which is why the handle wouldn't go down. After today's result, the weekend can only get better from this point on!