+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Warnock your times up

Re: Warnock your times up

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Huddersfield replaced Wagner so they have the right set up for next season, it wasn't a move to try and save them from relegation. We need to do the same
    They key difference being we aren't cut adrift at the bottom of the table

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    They key difference being we aren't cut adrift at the bottom of the table
    I worded it poorly, Warnock should go at the end of the season not now. The guy I replied to was trying to imply Huddersfield got rid of Wagner in an attempt to stay up when it was clear they had other intentions

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    How about being given a fair crack for having overachieved ? It just depends on how you phrase it.

I don’t particularly like Warnock the person nor the manager. I think he’s probably a bit of a git, and his football is unimaginative. That said, he deserves a lot of credit and with it the chance to manage HIS team in the EPL.

From my point of view we are as good as down now and as such I don’t see what the rush is to get someone else in before the end of the season.

For those that still think we can stay up, I can see the logic in changing things asap.
    So we wait until we’re back where we started just because he over achieved last season? Sorry, don’t get the logic in that.

He’s 71 this year it’s time to look beyond him and I would do what Fulham and Huddersfield have done and get a new manager in so he can work with the players for a few months and decide which ones he wants to keep for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    That makes no sense in the context of this discussion? My argument is it makes no sense to sack Warnock now, that’s not burying my head in the sand. What are you being a realist about - sacking the manager after 3 bad results? That’s over reacting
    It’s not because if 3 results it’s because we are clearly going down and I don’t see the point in sticking with someone who doesn’t have a long term strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    So we wait until we’re back where we started just because he over achieved last season? Sorry, don’t get the logic in that.

He’s 71 this year it’s time to look beyond him and I would do what Fulham and Huddersfield have done and get a new manager in so he can work with the players for a few months and decide which ones he wants to keep for next season.
    If another club did that- literally give up on the season because they were 3 points from safety with 9 games to go we would all think they were mad. Rightly so.

Whoever ends up taking over are likely to want to rebuild things. Give them a couple of months to see what they think is needed. We're going down. I'd rather us go down trying something different, no disrespect to Warnock who's been brilliant for us, but whose time is up.

Warnock may as well stay until season end.
    That should not stop the board having s clear discussion with him now and using the next couple of months to get the right person.
    My dear is City making another knee jerk appointment

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Because it's the gentleman thing to do,
    as no body is keeping us up ,not even the giant OGS
    I'd imagine Slade is coming in as caretaker at Chelsea about now.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Warnock may as well stay until season end.
    That should not stop the board having s clear discussion with him now and using the next couple of months to get the right person.
    My dear is City making another knee jerk appointment
    Rather he had no input.. Like to move forward towards 20’th century..

Unfortunately I think Warnock has lost the ability to motivate the squad. Although limited, we shouldn't be so easy to score against.

He overachieved getting us up and he overachieved having us this close to safety at this stage of the season.

He deserves at least the rest of this season. With our fixtures anyway we are probably down without a miracle so why not just let him at least see the season out.

I don’t think any manager would have kept this squad up with the lack or money spent.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    No i wasn't. Get someone in now to have a sort out the last few games.
    Who the holy feck is going to come in and save us for the last few games, eh? Dearie some posts on here are pathetic!

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    So eone who will have us playing a bit of football.
    I gotta laugh We have basically a Championship team in the premier league. Have you watched us this season? We aren't feckin' Barcelona I'll have you know!!

He has done tremendously well , but think he has squeezed every last drop out of the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    Unfortunately I think Warnock has lost the ability to motivate the squad. Although limited, we shouldn't be so easy to score against.

How did he manage to motivate us to beat Southampton then - only three games ago. He is one of the best motivational managers around.

Bring in Nathan Blake he thinks we will lose every game

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Who the holy feck is going to come in and save us for the last few games, eh? Dearie some posts on here are pathetic!
    So a change won't have a negative effect, then?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmother View Post
    Rather he had no input.. Like to move forward towards 20’th century..
    I didn't mean input. I was referring to City being straight with him as opposed to searching behind his back.

That makes no sense in the context of this discussion? My argument is it makes no sense to sack Warnock now, that’s not burying my head in the sand. What are you being a realist about - sacking the manager after 3 bad results? That’s over reacting
    Have you looked at the table? Three bad results???

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    I gotta laugh We have basically a Championship team in the premier league. Have you watched us this season? We aren't feckin' Barcelona I'll have you know!!
    A championship team put together by him.
    We have not spent a fortune by premier standards but we have wasted millions.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    A championship team put together by him.
    We have not spent a fortune by premier standards but we have wasted millions.
    40m not including Sala and let’s be honest we haven’t improved the team at all

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Have you looked at the table? Three bad results???
    Where would you expect this team to be in the league? Have people all of a sudden forgot we were only promoted last year and didnt spend that much money? At the start of the season people would have bitten your hand off for this.

The last 3 games have been utter shite but I don’t think we should let that cloud out judgement too much.

Why? He took us from the bottom of the championship to promotion in a season and a half. We always knew this season was going to be a struggle and so it’s proving, yet after the Southampton game it looked like we had half a chance of survival. 3 poor performances and you want him sacked? Fulham are on their 3rd manager and Huddersfield their 2nd manager of the season, that’s not looking too clever for either of those sides
    Agree. We should wait until we had five bad performances 👍

I think he certainly needs to go next season and just enjoy the rest of his time left there’s a reason why he’s never lasted in this league

As it stands we’re 2 points away from safety,youreover reacting
    It's the hope what kills you