+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Warnock your times up

Re: Warnock your times up

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Have you looked at the table? Three bad results???
    Definitely no Champions League football for us next year after those three bad results.

At the moment, we still have a (slim) chance of staying up. Whilst that is the case Warnock deserves to stay after his efforts last season and for getting us 2 points from safety with 27 still to play for.

If by some miracle we do stay up then we would get a higher calibre manager than if we go down.

Unless we end up giving it to bellers anyway, in which case get rid now and hope for the best!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    So a change won't have a negative effect, then?
    Eric, what I am trying to say is thus, there is no manager currently out there who can save us. Despite our poor results of late, Warnock imho (and it is just my opinion mind), is a great motivator of his players. If that hadn't been the case I am sure we would be in the position Huddersfield are now in, i.e bottom of the table. Every pundit out there, pre-season, had us to start the season off in bottom position and stay there until the final whistle had been blown for the end of the season. Yet some people want Warnock sacked? At least give him until the end of the season and give him a rousing sending off at our last home game V Palace

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Have you looked at the table? Three bad results???
    Yes the last 3 results / nobody was calling for Warnock head after we beat Southampton

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    So we wait until we’re back where we started just because he over achieved last season? Sorry, don’t get the logic in that.

He’s 71 this year it’s time to look beyond him and I would do what Fulham and Huddersfield have done and get a new manager in so he can work with the players for a few months and decide which ones he wants to keep for next season.
    It's called "having integrity".

You do something good, you get your reward.

More managers will be available at the end of the season also.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Yes the last 3 results / nobody was calling for Warnock head after we beat Southampton
    We have 5 winnable games, none of which are going to be easy, especially considering the current form. You lot are acting like we have three-quarters of the season left and we are losing by the odd goal.

At the end of the season you will look back on the Watford and Everton games as the ones that decided our fate. (book)Mark my words.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    40m not including Sala and let’s be honest we haven’t improved the team at all
    pretty sure it's nearer 30

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    pretty sure it's nearer 30
    Tim will come along shortly and break the numbers down!

[QUOTE=Croesy Blue;4955735]He overachieved getting us up and he overachieved having us this close to safety at this stage of the season.

He deserves at least the rest of this season. With our fixtures anyway we are probably down without a miracle so why not just let him at least see the season out.

I don’t think any manager would have kept this squad up with the lack or money spent.[/QUOTE]

Nail on head.

Let's say for the sake of argument that Tan bounces Warnock out either on Monday morning or after the season. Who comes in?

Are we taking a punt on a lower league manager again? Going abroad 'cos it's trendy? I must say i haven't got the faintest idea where our next manager will come from.

Staying up is worth over £100m

Surely to **** the owner should be making damn sure we don't miss out on that.

Neil has done an amazing job to get us here, to keep us in contention but now that the reality of relagation and the loss of so much money is staring us in the face surely from a business point of view Tan should be looking to make a senior decision to loo to protect his income stream.

We worked so hard to get here, we might not get the chance again. Stoke not finding it so easy are they, the Jacks neither.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

Neil has done an amazing job to get us here, to keep us in contention but now that the reality of relagation and the loss of so much money is staring us in the face surely from a business point of view Tan should be looking to make a senior decision to loo to protect his income stream.

We worked so hard to get here, we might not get the chance again. Stoke not finding it so easy are they, the Jacks neither.
    Spot on

But who would you get in that would do better with this squad? If it wasn’t for the ongoing issues I would perhaps take a punt and hope belles has what it takes. Other than that, we could go for one of the usual suspects, alladyce, moyes, etc .

A young upcoming manager for the lower league may do the job but changing the style of play now, with the players we have, is not likely to have good results.

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig View Post
    But who would you get in that would do better with this squad? If it wasn’t for the ongoing issues I would perhaps take a punt and hope belles has what it takes. Other than that, we could go for one of the usual suspects, alladyce, moyes, etc .

A young upcoming manager for the lower league may do the job but changing the style of play now, with the players we have, is not likely to have good results.

After WHU next Saturday we have another 2 week break before Chelsea and I guess if anything is going to happen it will be after next week's game.

I see the major points of this thread being

- No manager in the world would have kept this squad up combined with the lack of money we spent
    - Neil, has done a good job getting us this close to survival this close to the end of the season
    - however looks like we will go down considering recent performances and future fixtures.

- is there another manager we can bring in that could improve performances and make positive changes to our squad in a short period of time - probably not.
    - Therefore stick with Neil till end of season (he deserves it) and make a decision in the summer, when we at least have time and much better options.
    - the good news is - survival is really not essential and we should not be loosing our heads, we haven't gambled financially on survival and should go back to what I believe is genuinely the best league in the world, with a club that had a squad perfectly equipped to be competing in the championship.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Please resign now
    Jokanovic is available.

I'd be pretty pleased if we bucked the trend and let him see out the season whatever happens, given he was pretty central to the 'we' that got us here. It may not make business sense but 'business' isn't really why I follow the City.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    I see the major points of this thread being

- No manager in the world would have kept this squad up combined with the lack of money we spent
    - Neil, has done a good job getting us this close to survival this close to the end of the season
    - however looks like we will go down considering recent performances and future fixtures.

- is there another manager we can bring in that could improve performances and make positive changes to our squad in a short period of time - probably not.
    I think we could have someone who could look at our squad with fresh eyes and consider who will get us out of this predicament. At the moment, Warnock is randomly picking sides in the vain hope that something works. When we had a relatively set side earlier on in the season, we reaped the benefits of it. Now it's being picked by Lancelot and set of balls number 4.

I also don't necessarily believe in sentiment when it comes to players and managers. They're often quick enough to move on if they get a better offer and don't give a stuff about loyalty.

I think we could have someone who could look at our squad with fresh eyes and consider who will get us out of this predicament. At the moment, Warnock is randomly picking sides in the vain hope that something works. When we had a relatively set side earlier on in the season, we reaped the benefits of it. Now it's being picked by Lancelot and set of balls number 4.

I also don't necessarily believe in sentiment when it comes to players and managers. They're often quick enough to move on if they get a better offer and don't give a stuff about loyalty.
    When did you decide this, was it sometime in the last 3 games because it's probably a bit late now?

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    When did you decide this, was it sometime in the last 3 games because it's probably a bit late now?
    There was something a bit random about Warnock's team selections in the run-in last season as we saw a huge advantage disappear. This season he had been consistent. Regular back 4 with Cunningham sparingly brought in, Camarasa, Arter and Gunnarsson in midfield, sometimes with Ralls. One or two wide men. Paterson up top.

If the question is about me not particularly believing in sentiment, I haven't for years. It was good to hear Owain Tudor Jones on Call Rob echo this exactly.

There was something a bit random about Warnock's team selections in the run-in last season as we saw a huge advantage disappear. This season he had been consistent. Regular back 4 with Cunningham sparingly brought in, Camarasa, Arter and Gunnarsson in midfield, sometimes with Ralls. One or two wide men. Paterson up top.

If the question is about me not particularly believing in sentiment, I haven't for years. It was good to hear Owain Tudor Jones on Call Rob echo this exactly.
    Tbh, the question was more about when you felt Warnock wasn't the man for the job. I'm not squabbling but the thread you started on 26th Feb about the predicted PL table sounded pretty optimistic about our chances unless I misunderstood it. I hope I never speak about City like a pundit tbh and hope I remain sentimental about the club, but fair enough I'm not picking a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Where would you expect this team to be in the league? Have people all of a sudden forgot we were only promoted last year and didnt spend that much money? At the start of the season people would have bitten your hand off for this.

The last 3 games have been utter shite but I don’t think we should let that cloud out judgement too much.
    My point is/was that it isn't just about the last 3 games.

I wouldn't want anybody but Warnock in charge this season. The time to review things would be after the season. The plan before a ball was kicked was to buy players that would aid us in another promotion campaign if, as expected, we would be relegated. For us to be hanging on to a realistic chance of surviving is definitely bonus, especially after the traumatic 6 weeks we've had. Keep the faith and accept whatever happens.

The board doesn’t mind going down. In fact, with the money spent and type of players signed, it’s obvious the plan was to speculate as little as possible, take the money and go home ( the championship).

Supposition based on an approach and expectation that was never present at board level is erroneous. There was never any real intent to consolidate our position in the PL.

I guess it is where the board feel their best chance is to make money ? Take out the sentiments regarding the fans in the end they run a business!
    The choice they have to make is whether to sustain a premier league team with the lucrative payments , more exposure in public, bigger attendances ( they must be pleased this season and should have capitalised on that with next season”s ticket sales already as I am sure some will now not renew if relegated ) and media but a higher payroll and expenditure ( which will increase annually) or take a chance going back into the Championship where the rewards are less but so are the expenses and target a promotion every 3-4 seasons to benefit from parachute payments and promotion campaigns ......