+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Warnock your times up

Re: Warnock your times up

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    I wouldn't want anybody but Warnock in charge this season. The time to review things would be after the season. The plan before a ball was kicked was to buy players that would aid us in another promotion campaign if, as expected, we would be relegated. For us to be hanging on to a realistic chance of surviving is definitely bonus, especially after the traumatic 6 weeks we've had. Keep the faith and accept whatever happens.
    We have Reid and Murphy, that's about it (I purposely didn't include Smithies or Cunningham). The squad we have, when all the loanees go back to their clubs, will not be sufficiently good enough for a promotion challenge out of the Championship.

I don't think long-term planning has ever been a priority of Warnock (can't blame him for that given the regularity of sackings) but I think the club needs to give it some thought. As it stands the first-team squad for next season is:

GOALKEEPERS: Etheridge, Smithies
    DEFENCE: Morrison, Bamba (20), Connolly (20), Bennett, Cunnigham, Peltier (20)
    CENTRE MID: Ralls, Bacuna
    PATERSON: Paterson
    WINGS: Murphy, Mendez-Laing, Hoilett,
    FORWARD: Reid, Zahore (20), Ward (20), Healey (20)

That's a squad of 18, with 6 of them entering the final years of their contracts (the 20s).

The next manager will be different to Warnock and will not want some of the players. Regardless of the league we are in, we are going to need to bring in at least 7 new players in the summer. Does the club give Warnock the go-ahead to do this knowing that it'll be a new manager picking up the squad from 2020? In addition, how easy is it to attrack quality players if the player knows it'll be a new manager in charge after a season?

(This isn't intended as a post in favour of replacing Warnock, but I know it reads like that!).

Quote Originally Posted by Ger27 View Post
    I don't think long-term planning has ever been a priority of Warnock (can't blame him for that given the regularity of sackings) but I think the club needs to give it some thought. As it stands the first-team squad for next season is:

GOALKEEPERS: Etheridge, Smithies
    DEFENCE: Morrison, Bamba (20), Connolly (20), Bennett, Cunnigham, Peltier (20)
    CENTRE MID: Ralls, Bacuna
    WINGS: Murphy, Mendez-Laing, Hoilett,
    FORWARD: Reid, Mainde, Zahore (20), Ward (20), Healey (20), Tomlin (20), Bogle (20)

That's a squad of 21, with 8 of them entering the final years of their contracts (the 20s).

The next manager will be different to Warnock and will not want some of the players. Regardless of the league we are in, we are going to need to bring in at least 7 new players in the summer. Does the club give Warnock the go-ahead to do this knowing that it'll be a new manager picking up the squad from 2020? In addition, how easy is it to attrack quality players if the player knows it'll be a new manager in charge after a season?

(This isn't intended as a post in favour of replacing Warnock, but I know it reads like that!).
    Corrected for the players out on loan coming back!

Quote Originally Posted by Ger27 View Post
    Corrected for the players out on loan coming back!

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post

he’s got his own position

Fair enough!

That squad looks pretty threadbare

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    We have Reid and Murphy, that's about it (I purposely didn't include Smithies or Cunningham). The squad we have, when all the loanees go back to their clubs, will not be sufficiently good enough for a promotion challenge out of the Championship.
    Important players will also be two years older than they were in 17/18 and into or nearing the veteran stage of their career.

I think it's incredible that we hung on so very long and I thought that we would be dead and buried by Christmas. The amount of sheer hard work compensated for a lack of skill for a long time but it was inevitable that we would run out of steam.

Bacuna 2023
    He'll get a gold watch when he leaves

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Staying up is worth over £100m

Surely to **** the owner should be making damn sure we don't miss out on that.

Neil has done an amazing job to get us here, to keep us in contention but now that the reality of relagation and the loss of so much money is staring us in the face surely from a business point of view Tan should be looking to make a senior decision to loo to protect his income stream.

We worked so hard to get here, we might not get the chance again. Stoke not finding it so easy are they, the Jacks neither.
    How is Tan supposed to make sure that we stay up? Fulham have spent far more money than us and changed their manager, but they're still in a worse situation than us.