Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
This is the problem. We had a good Championship squad made better by Warnock's knowledge of the division and our ability to stop teams playing. We managed to win promotion with a midfield that couldn't pass water and striking options which were not good enough.

Reid is decent up top but I'm still not convinced Zohore can guarantee a good season and I'd offload him. I would argue that, since the departure of Bothroyd and Chopra, we haven't had a front two as good as those. Ward and Bogle can go as well.

Our midfield can't pass water. I mentioned a while ago, maybe even last season, that the club has brought in very few technically good midfielders in recent times. They've all been battlers. Our best midfield passer of this century has been McPhail, followed by Whitts, though I preferred Whittingham having a free attacking role out wide. Camarasa won't stay if we go down (probably won't stay if we somehow stay up). It's about time we had a go at being a team that can keep possession and look to break down opponents, rather than play a long ball game.
There’s too many grafters in our side who can only get you so far, what has disappointed me this season is that we’ve been so poor from the things we are supposed to be good at like set pieces yesterday for example we all must surely know that boly is a beast so when you take these stupid long throws he’s the last person you want to aim it at yet everyone was to him. Warnock dropped a bollock yesterday dropping all our main wingers from the entire squad as we no longer had another option and why does he only ever replace the front 3 no matter how the rest are playing