+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Think that’s us done

Re: Think that’s us done

Whatever, it seems you need to have a squad worth 200 million and spend over 75/80 million in wages just to survive in the PL.
    it takes time to build up a squad to that level or a very clever manager with contacts like wolves did. We are nowhere near either of these two figures, if we did survive we’d get a few more players and no doubt the wages would rise too. Even the jacks were paying out 90 million last season. Is it worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Whatever, it seems you need to have a squad worth 200 million and spend over 75/80 million in wages just to survive in the PL.
    it takes time to build up a squad to that level or a very clever manager with contacts like wolves did. We are nowhere near either of these two figures, if we did survive we’d get a few more players and no doubt the wages would rise too. Even the jacks were paying out 90 million last season. Is it worth it?
    I picked Watford to have a look at their transfers and over the last 3 seasons they have spent 150 million and sold players for 100 million this is based on transfer market so I’m not sure how accurate they are but I did notice they only payed 12 million for deulofeu which shows how much value for money you can get abroad they didn’t even pay much for richarlison which also shows how beneficial good scouting systems are I just wish the club would prioritise setting up a good scouting network across the globe as there is brilliant talent out there for little money

Mr Churcill says

"We gotta fight the bloody battle to the very end''

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I picked Watford to have a look at their transfers and over the last 3 seasons they have spent 150 million and sold players for 100 million this is based on transfer market so I’m not sure how accurate they are but I did notice they only payed 12 million for deulofeu which shows how much value for money you can get abroad they didn’t even pay much for richarlison which also shows how beneficial good scouting systems are I just wish the club would prioritise setting up a good scouting network across the globe as there is brilliant talent out there for little money
    Talksport did an excellent article/interview with the CEO of Watford last week. An insight how they developed their system of scouting. None is rocket science..

I was talking to a Watford fan after the gam and he went into detail about how they have kept continuity at the club despite the revolving door of managers.

He also said they spent ( IIRC) £9m on scouting last season and have a well established and comprehensive international scouting system.
    Helped of course by their owner’s links.

We are light years behind this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    I was talking to a Watford fan after the gam and he went into detail about how they have kept continuity at the club despite the revolving door of managers.

He also said they spent ( IIRC) £9m on scouting last season and have a well established and comprehensive international scouting system.
    Helped of course by their owner’s links.

We are light years behind this.
    I think it’s something we should be aiming to do Tim the benefits are massive even if we’re selling these players on withing a couple of years I think they made 30 million profit on richarlison now I know it’s easier said than done but I would rather spend 10 million on a scouting network than 1 player

I think it’s something we should be aiming to do Tim the benefits are massive even if we’re selling these players on withing a couple of years I think they made 30 million profit on richarlison now I know it’s easier said than done but I would rather spend 10 million on a scouting network than 1 player
    I guess it’s chicken and egg .

You need to be at the top level for a few seasons to pay for it, but you haven’t much chance of staying there unless you do !

Amazed VT doesnt go down this road, with his fingers in various clubs etc....Watford haven’t even spent much net have they? And with his natural hate of agents surely it would make sense to get a tried and trusted network set up? Do we need a Spanish or South American manager?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Do we need a Spanish or South American manager?
    Not if they speak poor English apparently

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    Not if they speak poor English apparently
    But they may have a chance if they jump up and down and wave their arms around on the touchline a lot.