+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 1 more win than Southampton in our remaining games

1 more win than Southampton in our remaining games

Its doable

Re: 1 more win than Southampton in our remaining games

It is. But no matter what happens Warnock must go. We need to start over.

Unfortunately Southampton seem to be improving match by match,whilst we seem to be deteriorating.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Bluebird View Post
    Unfortunately Southampton seem to be improving match by match,whilst we seem to be deteriorating.
    It’s because they have much better players than us.

The Top 6 teams might come into it, as Southampton have to play 2 more, while we will play 4. Otherwise everything is pukka.

where's this magical win coming from

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    The Top 6 teams might come into it, as Southampton have to play 2 more, while we will play 4. Otherwise everything is pukka.
    Brighton still have to play Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City and Spurs.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Yes but are 5 clear of us we need to win 2 to go above them, we don't look like winning at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    where's this magical win coming from
    Never mind a win, creating a chance to score would be a start. We don't create anything, our midfield is devoid, ponderous and slow. I know that Wolves have spent money, but look how quickly they moved the ball today and how they carried the ball into dangerous areas, we just can't do that, we haven't got the players or the manager to implement that kind of creativity.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    And we’ve got to get 6 more points to overtake them. I doubt we’ll get another 6 points nevermind 6 plus whatever Brighton get.

The big difference I find is these other teams look capable of picking up points against the top sides where we just look like getting �� every time

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    The big difference I find is these other teams look capable of picking up points against the top sides where we just look like getting �� every time
    It's not just against the top sides, it's any side.
    I think the group above us can breath a sigh of relief.
    None of them are as bad as City

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Never mind a win, creating a chance to score would be a start. We don't create anything, our midfield is devoid, ponderous and slow. I know that Wolves have spent money, but look how quickly they moved the ball today and how they carried the ball into dangerous areas, we just can't do that, we haven't got the players or the manager to implement that kind of creativity.
    Definitely. Aside from that chance from a corner early on we looked like we were never going to score today whereas Wolves could have done us about 5-0 if they were better in front of goal.

Scary thing is we have to play 4 teams that are much better than Wolves.

It’s astounding how bad we have become since winning two in the bounce. What’s happened to Arter and Cam? Sounds like we have no midfield and the defence has gone to sh*t. We never had an attack anyway.....think we are gone to be honest, we huffed nd puffed for a bit. Just can’t see us getting 6 points even.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    It’s because they have much better players than us.
    Too true.

We have punched above our weight all season , but reality is beginnings to dawn.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    It’s astounding how bad we have become since winning two in the bounce. What’s happened to Arter and Cam? Sounds like we have no midfield and the defence has gone to sh*t. We never had an attack anyway.....think we are gone to be honest, we huffed nd puffed for a bit. Just can’t see us getting 6 points even.
    We're very reliant on the defence not conceding then hoping that we can take one of our 2 or 3 half chances. In a way it's not really fair on players like Bamba, Morrison, Bennett etc, none of them are great defensively and all three of them have at least one mistake or lapse of concentration per game, i include Manga as well. This is the difference, all of our defenders can do alright for 89 minutes but one lapse in concentration is all it takes, and they're all guilty of it. The only defender we have who plays within his limitations is Peltier, atleast he has the intelligence to do so. If it wasn't for Etheridge, today could've been 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Bluebird View Post
    Too true.

We have punched above our weight all season , but reality is beginnings to dawn.
    It’s why the hysteria is so ridiculous, we’ve done so well and everyone is pissing themselves over a few losses to better teams than us.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Its doable
    I didn't have access to the city game today, so I watched Southampton. So. No it's not!

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    It’s why the hysteria is so ridiculous, we’ve done so well and everyone is pissing themselves over a few losses to better teams than us.
    To simplistic, it's how we lost and how we have performed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    To simplistic, it's how we lost and how we have performed.
    Exactly, we win 2 on the bounce and he goes on a mad run of team selections and tactics

Which ever way I cut it, I have Southampton getting 8 points, taking them to 35. So in my opinion 36 or 11 points is the minimum we need. 3 wins & 2 draws or 2 wins & 5 draws. We know the games we need to target & Saturday is massive.

At least we're both in the same situation, with no game for 3 weeks, so they can't stack up points whilst we're not playing.

The two wins against Bournemouth and Southampton are very much at odds with the form we have been in during 2019

The sucker punch is Southampton have Huddersfield at Home while we're away to Man Utd on the last day.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Which ever way I cut it, I have Southampton getting 8 points, taking them to 35. So in my opinion 36 or 11 points is the minimum we need. 3 wins & 2 draws or 2 wins & 5 draws. We know the games we need to target & Saturday is massive.

At least we're both in the same situation, with no game for 3 weeks, so they can't stack up points whilst we're not playing.
    3 wins and 2 draws is remaining unbeaten against all the non-Top 6 teams we play.

Our last 3 games against non-Top 6 teams reads P3 W0 D0 L3 GF 1 GA 10 Pts 0

I'm not trying to put a damper on things, but we do need a huge reversal of fortune.

Whatever, it seems you need to have a squad worth 200 million and spend over 75/80 million in wages just to survive in the PL.
    it takes time to build up a squad to that level or a very clever manager with contacts like wolves did. We are nowhere near either of these two figures, if we did survive we’d get a few more players and no doubt the wages would rise too. Even the jacks were paying out 90 million last season. Is it worth it?