+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Best chance of survival now- with or without warnock?

Best chance of survival now- with or without warnock?

I think we all know warnock wont be with us next season, whatever division we are in.

However we still have a whole quarter of this season left to go. We are only 2 points from safety so it is possible we could survive.

So what is the best chance of us surviving?

Sticking with warnock and the belief nobody could get better from this squad.

Or twisting, like sunderland did at this stage of the season for so many years and just praying the new manager bounce gets you to safety.

Its a tough one.

My honest guess is warnock will still be in charge for west ham but if we dont win that we will have a new manager for the chelsea game.

Re: Best chance of survival now- with or without warnock?

I don’t think the club would sack him

Blimey Football is a ruthless industry.

Who realistically would replace him ?.........not many suitable or realistic candidates out there.

Bellamy subject to him getting the all clear ?

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    I think we all know warnock wont be with us next season, whatever division we are in.

However we still have a whole quarter of this season left to go. We are only 2 points from safety so it is possible we could survive.

So what is the best chance of us surviving?

Sticking with warnock and the belief nobody could get better from this squad.

Or twisting, like sunderland did at this stage of the season for so many years and just praying the new manager bounce gets you to safety.

Its a tough one.

My honest guess is warnock will still be in charge for west ham but if we dont win that we will have a new manager for the chelsea game.
    I think this is the most likely option and it's the one which gives us the best chance of surviving. If we had players with Premier League talent throughout the team, then I could see some logic to a change of manager because the new man might be able to get them playing closer to their potential. However, we have a team of physical grafters (i.e. a typical Warnock side) and the potential to improve in our side is limited - what success we have enjoyed recently has been down to us being a Warnock team and that has to represent the best chance of this squad escaping the drop, but, whether we stay up or go down, it seems to me that we face a big rebuilding job in the summer and I reckon it should be under a new manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Bluebird View Post
    Blimey Football is a ruthless industry.

Who realistically would replace him ?.........not many suitable or realistic candidates out there.

Bellamy subject to him getting the all clear ?
    Fans always slag players and managers for having no loyalty when they get a move to a better club.

But the fans are the least loyal of all, a few bad results or bad performances and they’ve started ironically calling Morrison “captain fantastic” and want the manager sacked.

The hysteria on here is embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think this is the most likely option and it's the one which gives us the best chance of surviving. If we had players with Premier League talent throughout the team, then I could see some logic to a change of manager because the new man might be able to get them playing closer to their potential. However, we have a team of physical grafters (i.e. a typical Warnock side) and the potential to improve in our side is limited - what success we have enjoyed recently has been down to us being a Warnock team and that has to represent the best chance of this squad escaping the drop, but, whether we stay up or go down, it seems to me that we face a big rebuilding job in the summer and I reckon it should be under a new manager.
    I get what you are saying, and it has been and is my sentiment. But then again I ask myself if it would not be wise to get someone who could set the team up better. Because it is my belief the team could be set up so much better. But I have no idea who it could be and who would even consider touch us..

I think he should stay.

How we got promotion last year was a miracle, no other manager is going to improve these players at this late stage of the season.

I suspect he will retire at the end of this season so regardless of what league we are playing in , I hope the board have some sort of Succession planning going on in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Fans always slag players and managers for having no loyalty when they get a move to a better club.

But the fans are the least loyal of all, a few bad results or bad performances and they’ve started ironically calling Morrison “captain fantastic” and want the manager sacked.

The hysteria on here is embarrassing.
    Agree.

Who really would have thought at the start of the season we would be any better off than where we are now. Not many. Most of being honest would have had us where Huddersfield are.

Now with 9 matches to go it's all over, Warnock and everyone is useless, time to change the squad again. May as well get Slade back to clear the deck again.

Stick with NW and hope Southampton drop more points than we do. Like last season, staying up may come down to the last match of the season. We have Man U away and Southampton have Huddersfield at home.😑 Meanwhile, anyone who can should be looking to travel to Burnley, Brighton and Fulham and give the team their best support in our best shot at picking up points type matches.

I'm happy to discuss who may come after Warnock - even if everything goes as best it can he's unlikely to be here after next season so not too early for discussions - but asking Warnock to step aside after three bad games is the type of thinking that meant we needed Neil to sort out a mess. We should be in the second year of a three year plus plan and club and fans knew that might be going down this year to come back stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Agree on all points.

In the short term i think warnock should stay.

We arent down enough to allow someone to come in and write this season off to prepare for the championship like Huddersfield and maybe Fulham can.

So any appointment would be for this season. Yes a totally random short term guy could work- like di canio did with Sunderland a few years ago- but more than often those appointments fail- and even the most optimistic city fan surely couldn't argue this squad has under performed that much over the season?

We have won 7 out of 29. Almost 1 in 4 games we have won. I really don't think anyone else could have done that with this squad of solid championship players.

I think if we sacked Warnock now, we'd end up with Blackwell and Jepson until the end of the season.

Agree that he should stay - this season and next. If we stay up he's earned the right to carry on and if we go down we have a manager who most of the Championship would like.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Agree that he should stay - this season and next. If we stay up he's earned the right to carry on and if we go down we have a manager who most of the Championship would like.
    Yep

If we go down and keep Warnock we will make zero progress. He takes us up again and then we're in the same position as now.

He should stay until the end of the year - he's deserved that much. However I feel this should be the last season he has here regardless what league we're in

My heart says keep Warnock.

He deserves his full season especially after everything that has gone on. I don’t think he’d stay on next year anyway.