+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wolves fan arrested yesterday...

Wolves fan arrested yesterday...

For those unfamiliar with the Molinuex (I don't blame you, Wolverhampton is a shithole) The away section is across the entire width of the pitch along the bottom tier of one of the main stands. This means that you can get great seats on the half way line, but there are wolves fans above. Furthermore, there are corporate seats directly behind. Not like our stadium (or anywhere else for that matter), I mean literally right behind, if you stand in front of a wall and turn around you'll get a good idea of what it was like. There are no seats in front, just tinted glass.
    One prat behind this glass decided to do the same 'plane' gesture that 2 Southampton fans did a few weeks ago. As you can imagine, 15~20 city fans were enraged, giving gestures and names to the bloke right to his face. Stewards tried to calm them down, before learning why they were so agitated. Eventually, the police were called, having previously overseen two idiot city fans squaring up over seats (some apparently aren't aware that city fans sit where they want at away games). These police again tried to calm city fans down, but after around 20 from the incident, they began taking statements. At half time, after all the usuals went underneath, a steward explained that police had arrested the man in the box. It took long enough, but eventually, the coppers sorted the situation, and said that they expected a 3 or 5 year banning order.
    I should at that most wolves fans and police were impeccable, offering advice for avoiding traffic at the end of the game, directing us (even walking us) to the stadium, etc. However, 20 years ago, the police would not have had an attitude of de-escalation, and the city fans would have been far more short-tempered. Whilst this wasn't the most pleasant aspect of the day, it was good to see how conflict resolution is finally a skill being utilised in the police and by the stewards.
    Thought I'd share, as the tinted glass (metaphorically and literally) will prevent this being in the newspapers.)

Re: Wolves fan arrested yesterday...

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC27 View Post
    For those unfamiliar with the Molinuex (I don't blame you, Wolverhampton is a shithole) The away section is across the entire width of the pitch along the bottom tier of one of the main stands. This means that you can get great seats on the half way line, but there are wolves fans above. Furthermore, there are corporate seats directly behind. Not like our stadium (or anywhere else for that matter), I mean literally right behind, if you stand in front of a wall and turn around you'll get a good idea of what it was like. There are no seats in front, just tinted glass.
    One prat behind this glass decided to do the same 'plane' gesture that 2 Southampton fans did a few weeks ago. As you can imagine, 15~20 city fans were enraged, giving gestures and names to the bloke right to his face. Stewards tried to calm them down, before learning why they were so agitated. Eventually, the police were called, having previously overseen two idiot city fans squaring up over seats (some apparently aren't aware that city fans sit where they want at away games). These police again tried to calm city fans down, but after around 20 from the incident, they began taking statements. At half time, after all the usuals went underneath, a steward explained that police had arrested the man in the box. It took long enough, but eventually, the coppers sorted the situation, and said that they expected a 3 or 5 year banning order.
    I should at that most wolves fans and police were impeccable, offering advice for avoiding traffic at the end of the game, directing us (even walking us) to the stadium, etc. However, 20 years ago, the police would not have had an attitude of de-escalation, and the city fans would have been far more short-tempered. Whilst this wasn't the most pleasant aspect of the day, it was good to see how conflict resolution is finally a skill being utilised in the police and by the stewards.
    Thought I'd share, as the tinted glass (metaphorically and literally) will prevent this being in the newspapers.)
    I thought it was an issue with Wolves fans in the upper tier, towards the half way line. Maybe a seperate incident. There was one Wolves fan removed from the Stan Cullis, a few Wolves fans making a bit of noise by the corporate area and a bit of gun n games with stewards over a few bottles of beer. Otherwise we were quiet sfter going 2 nil down. Hope they ban the culprit giving it "aeroplanes".