+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Niasse

Niasse

It's a NO from me.

Holds the ball up well at times, but whenever he gets anywhere near the opposition's penalty area, he completely loses control of the ball - he never looks like coming close to scoring.

I know that if we get relegated, his signature would be a non-starter anyway, however, if we were to defy the odds and stay up, I would be more than happy to see him return to Everton.

Re: Niasse

Tbh Messi or Renaldo would struggle in our set up, the plan seems to be here’s the ball now take on all the opposition players and if you don’t score you better run 80 yards back to defend otherwise you’re out of the team next week I have a big problem with how Murphy has been utilised and treated and Reid for that matter who apparently needs to score 3 goals to avoid being taken off

i think he thinks he's still at everton...

the stats look great he covers alot of ground... gives the ball away terrible, mostly due to his piss poor 1st touch

thanks for trying but no from me

It’s not his fault that players do not support him quick enough when he gets into good positions.

I’m not sure of a player that is in our price range that could do the job of a good centre forward AND be a top striker with no support.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Tbh Messi or Renaldo would struggle in our set up, the plan seems to be here’s the ball now take on all the opposition players and if you don’t score you better run 80 yards back to defend otherwise you’re out of the team next week I have a big problem with how Murphy has been utilised and treated and Reid for that matter who apparently needs to score 3 goals to avoid being taken off

You're not too far off the mark with your analysis there, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    It’s not his fault that players do not support him quick enough when he gets into good positions.

I’m not sure of a player that is in our price range that could do the job of a good centre forward AND be a top striker with no support.
    Has very little technique or ability.
    For me just a physical presence, which does not cut it at Premiership level.
    I also would allow Arter to return as I do not see his influence on the pitch.
    Camarasa is a non starter as Betis will want to cash in while they can.
    Warnock's successor needs to put his own stamp on the team and our style.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Has very little technique or ability.
    For me just a physical presence, which does not cut it at Premiership level.
    I also would allow Arter to return as I do not see his influence on the pitch.
    Camarasa is a non starter as Betis will want to cash in while they can.
    Warnock's successor needs to put his own stamp on the team and our style.
    I agree , I don’t think we will purchase any of the loan signings IF Warnock leaves and we know none will want to stay if we go down. If we stay up and Warnock stays , .Camarasa will cost too much ,Arter seems to have lost his place and Niasse hasn’t looked like scoring .
    A new man will want his own players and will need to purchase a whole new midfield to suit his tactics and style of play.

When you think about it, if we get relegated, the only players who we'll have to show for our short stint in the Premier will be Reid and Murphy. We need a completely new midfield (as mentioned above), striker and a minimum of two new defenders.

As far as I have seen, the guy has only one attribute - he runs fast.

Ineffectual as a target man, 'cos he's short. Runs wide channels, but with no end result as no-one is up there with him.

Seems to lose all control and composure when near goal.

If he is the best we could actually bring in (even allowing for the Sala tragedy), Warnock and the transfer team need to seriously look at their contacts. If what we read is correct, the transfer team didn't want Sala - so who the heck did they target

Smacks of Tan doing business on the cheap and hoping that Warnock produces another miracle buy.

I'd rather have Paterson up front any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    As far as I have seen, the guy has only one attribute - he runs fast.

Ineffectual as a target man, 'cos he's short. Runs wide channels, but with no end result as no-one is up there with him.

Seems to lose all control and composure when near goal.

If he is the best we could actually bring in (even allowing for the Sala tragedy), Warnock and the transfer team need to seriously look at their contacts. If what we read is correct, the transfer team didn't want Sala - so who the heck did they target

Smacks of Tan doing business on the cheap and hoping that Warnock produces another miracle buy.

I'd rather have Paterson up front any day.
    The transfer team voted 3-1 for Saka so you can hardly say they were against him!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    It's a NO from me.

Holds the ball up well at times, but whenever he gets anywhere near the opposition's penalty area, he completely loses control of the ball - he never looks like coming close to scoring.

I know that if we get relegated, his signature would be a non-starter anyway, however, if we were to defy the odds and stay up, I would be more than happy to see him return to Everton.
    I was impressed with him when he first joined (not surprisingly) as he held the ball up well and offered us something that we had been sorely lacking.

That said, he hasn't looked remotely threatening in front of goal, and after all that is why we got him on loan.

I agree that he has been given a difficult job but even when playing two up front with a more attacking line up, the threat hasn't been apparent :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    The transfer team voted 3-1 for Saka so you can hardly say they were against him!!
    Dunno your source, but this was reported by the press:

"Despite huge reservations on Cardiff’s transfer committee about Sala — he scored once in December and was also benched — Warnock liked the look of him.

For that reason, the Nantes striker was termed a “critical hire” by Dalman.

The transfer committee wanted to sign another defender but Warnock pressed for more firepower.

Cardiff’s transfer committee reminded him that Kenneth Zohore was close to a return to first-team football and the deal with Everton to bring in Oumar Niasse had already been struck.

Warnock wanted another option.

They gave in, finally ending weeks of to-ing and fro-ing with Nantes over negotiations, because Warnock had put Cardiff in with a shout of avoiding relegation.

Against their better judgment, they buckled and agreed to bring in a 28-year-old footballer on the big bucks. Sala signed on January 19"

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Dunno your source, but this was reported by the press:

"Despite huge reservations on Cardiff’s transfer committee about Sala — he scored once in December and was also benched — Warnock liked the look of him.
    You
    For that reason, the Nantes striker was termed a “critical hire” by Dalman.

The transfer committee wanted to sign another defender but Warnock pressed for more firepower.

Cardiff’s transfer committee reminded him that Kenneth Zohore was close to a return to first-team football and the deal with Everton to bring in Oumar Niasse had already been struck.

Warnock wanted another option.

They gave in, finally ending weeks of to-ing and fro-ing with Nantes over negotiations, because Warnock had put Cardiff in with a shout of avoiding relegation.

Against their better judgment, they buckled and agreed to bring in a 28-year-old footballer on the big bucks. Sala signed on January 19"
    Which press?

Incidentally my source was the press as well. Can't remember which one and csn't look at the moment.