+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jokanovic

Re: Jokanovic

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Not sure how much difference there is between Watford didn't think he was the man for the premier league and Watford didn't think he was the man for the premier league on the wages he was asking for, especially when you have a budget the size of ours. If they felt he was best placed to keep Watford up then surely the wages would have been met?

While our one Fulham fan on here seems to be in favour of Jokanovic, and while I can't say it's representative of all Fulham fans, the Fulhamish podcast seemed to suggest that as regrettable as it was it was time for Jokanovic to go. Would have to go back and check but you don't say it's time for the manager to go if the only problem is that the owner has bought in players he doesn't want. In that case you get annoyed with the owner. I seem to remember one reason being that there was very little logic that could be followed in picking his first team which included personal and formation.

We're just over two years past Slade's days as a manager here. I reckon people will say it's been better under Warnock and therefore pashun counts for something. We're a club where fans remember the times we had a "leader" as a manager perhaps more fondly than when we were playing great football.
    No-one knows why Watford didn't match his wages, could have been a multitude of reasons to be honest. It would have made sense to match them, but he could have been asking for silly amounts. In the end it's not really worth potentially jeopardising your club if the manager doesn't work out.

Oh I do agree he didn't do well enough this season, but I feel that's a result of the poor signings (not the only reason, but still big enough) They were crazy at our place, never will we have a more open game in the PL than against that lot.

Passion is measured in a lot more ways than flailing around on the touchline, Slade was unimaginative, no charisma or wit in his pressers and very uninspired football. Some of the football we played under Neil last year was fantastic, the Villa game comes to mind for one. There needs to be a balance, if Jokanovic managed us and we won most games while he stands bone idle on the touchline I won't give a toss, it's worked for both Fulham and Watford at that level before so that's why I criticised DML's stupid point about the passion he displays

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    You were undefeated for x number of games last season and only went up via the play-offs. What was wrong in the first half of the season?
    He always gets in right in tne second half of tne season, last two seasons were similar

I think he should stick to tennis ...

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Just because you dont agree with it doesnt mean its dumb. I am entitled to my opinion.
    When it comes to opinions and Slavisa Jokanovic, I'd rather listen to an informed one, such our Fulham friend on here, than yours. I don't think I'm the only one either.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    When you have an opinion that includes your belief that Jokanovic's English language skills aren't up to scratch, then people have every right to mock you. His English is excellent.
    You obviously havent seen any of his pre or post match interviews then. To say his English is excellent is ridiculous. Even Fulham Traveller has admitted on this forum that his communication skills in English are restricted.

Mocking other posters because they have a different opinion of someone, is a very mature way of carrying out a discussion/argument isn't it. Some people on this forum behave like spolit children who think the board is run by them for their own benefit. I have been mocked on here ever since I came on it, just because I happen to enjoy watching City and stand up for the manager, team and individual players. Other posters just cant take it because they enjoy wallowing in negativity, depression and criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Watford got rid because he asked for too much money, do some basic research and you'll see that. It's hard to get players to gel as a team when you make so many signings to replace loan players, with the signings not even being made by the manager himself, what do you expect?

Give over, who cares about a lack of pushun, it isn't the 80s anymore.

I did stay on topic, you even responded to the post If you want to reply to my point about Bielsa at Leeds then carry on otherwise I'm going to cry about you going off topic

If that's all I do is have a go at people then report me and get me banned. Stop crying because you're getting called out for your weird comment about not wanting a manager for his lack of English despite success in the English leagues
    Why would I report you ? Its enjoyable watching you make an idiot of yourself on a daily basis. You will eventually probably get yourself banned anyway on your own, for some of the crass things you say.

Why would I report you ? Its enjoyable watching you make an idiot of yourself on a daily basis. You will eventually probably get yourself banned anyway on your own, for some of the crass things you say.
    I’m not going to further this as I hate derailing threads. If you have nothing to say to me about Jokanovic then have a good day

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    I wouldn't want Wagner or any of his ilk. More boring defence based football. Time for a change.
    Huddersfield played better football than us when we last met them.

Heisenberg

You obviously havent seen any of his pre or post match interviews then. To say his English is excellent is ridiculous. Even Fulham Traveller has admitted on this forum that his communication skills in English are restricted.

Mocking other posters because they have a different opinion of someone, is a very mature way of carrying out a discussion/argument isn't it. Some people on this forum behave like spolit children who think the board is run by them for their own benefit. I have been mocked on here ever since I came on it, just because I happen to enjoy watching City and stand up for the manager, team and individual players. Other posters just cant take it because they enjoy wallowing in negativity, depression and criticism.
    https://www.football.london/ff15b2d0...2-1ab9989a3252

I wonder who has never seen Jokanovic speak before... watch the video in that link and tell me that he's not almost fluent in English ffs

As for the rest of your post, you have no self-awareness and no matter how many times things are pointed out to you, you will never realise it. There's support for your club and then there's blind support & bias - you fall into the latter.

Its not that mate, it's your inability to realise its a football forum therefore people come on here to dicuss and debate all things to do with the club they support.

You take it personal whenever anyone questions anything to do with the club. Could you imagine a world where everyone would just blindly go along with everything just because they have a bit of an attachment?

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Its not that mate, it's your inability to realise its a football forum therefore people come on here to dicuss and debate all things to do with the club they support.

You take it personal whenever anyone questions anything to do with the club. Could you imagine a world where everyone would just blindly go along with everything just because they have a bit of an attachment?
    I think in my own my mind what I suggested is to benefit the club and make it better maybe I’m the one that’s nuts

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I'd like a Dai Hunt type of manager, English easily understood, able to express himself by way of his flaying arms and legs movements , already has dressing room experince , has sat in the box with Tan , so knows how to rub up and mix it with the big wigs, players have heard his motivational skills from the stands, is eco friendly as he rides a bike , would save dosh on car expenses and provide an extra car parking space for someone, what's not to like?
    He also lives at home with his mum, well I think he still does. So no need for him to spend days off looking for a mansion in the Vale. He has a loud booming voice that the City players will be able to hear from whichever part of the pitch they might be skulking on. He'd gee up us fans no end, whilst riling up the opposition supporters, so games would always be full of atmosphere. Umbrella's are pretty cheap these days for when he gets over excited, and the spittle starts flying from his mouth. So yeah, I'm with you on this one. Dai Hunt for City manager!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Although I do not want a managerial change if one were to happen my preference would be for David Wagner.
    This. ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I think in my own my mind what I suggested is to benefit the club and make it better maybe I’m the one that’s nuts
    As you know, I'm not a huge fan of Warnock ball however I do feel uncomfortable talking about replacing him considering the debt we owe him as a fan base, but he often talks about retirement so the board have little choice but to keep one eye open.

I would love to see Jokanović come in but I do fear the patience of our fans and wonder if we'll ever play a more progressive brand of football.

As you know, I'm not a huge fan of Warnock ball however I do feel uncomfortable talking about replacing him considering the debt we owe him as a fan base, but he often talks about retirement so the board have little choice but to keep one eye open.

I would love to see Jokanović come in but I do fear the patience of our fans and wonder if we'll ever play a more progressive brand of football.
    We're in the same boat gringo that just want too see the club have some structure and vision a long term plan rather than quick fixes as you've mentioned in another thread you don't need to spend massive amounts

No thanks. He speaks poor English, so cant communicate easily with his players and is very undemonstrative on the touchline - just stands with his arms folded i.e. no passion. His teams pass the ball to death, back and forth across the pitch with little penetration. He was also responsible for putting players like Odoi in the team - one of the poorest defenders I have ever seen. He fell lucky because players like Cairney, Sessignon etc were already at the club when he took over. Also, because the owner threw money at it like confetti, he was able to bring in who he wanted, leaving them in the position now where, when they go down, they will be in serious financial trouble, having spent considerably more than they earned. Most of the players he signed last summer arent good enough either, so he wasted vast sums of money. Fulham fans dont exactly appear in a rush to have him back either and that is very telling.
    Out of interest, who would be a more suitable candidate in your eyes? Or who would your ideal manager be?

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Out of interest, who would be a more suitable candidate in your eyes? Or who would your ideal manager be?
    He's going to say Ronnie Jepson and Simon Blackwell

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    He's going to say Ronnie Jepson and Simon Blackwell
    Don’t think the latter will enjoy being in the thick of it as manager.

Are you causing trouble again Gringo? Is that the only reason why you and your mates come on here?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Don’t think the latter will enjoy being in the thick of it as manager.
    Why I've said Simon Blackwell is a complete mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    If Warnock was to go and we stayed in the Premier League then someone like Giovanni Van Bronckhorst would be good. He has had experience and success (won cup and league) as a manager at Feyenoord over the last four years, his teams play attractive football and he played in the Prem for Arsenal (as well as playing for Barcelona and Rangers) so knows the British game well. He has also given Feyenoord notice that he will be leaving at the end of this season, so will be available. He is a good communicator and speaks very good English.

If we go down however, he would be unlikely to come and an alternative then would be Bellamy as coach (if available) with a more experienced person above or someone like Sol Bamba if he gives up playing i.e. someone young and ambitious along the lines of Frank Lampard at Derby.

Hope that answers your question.

If Warnock was to go and we stayed in the Premier League then someone like Giovanni Van Bronckhorst would be good. He has had experience and success (won cup and league) as a manager at Feyenoord over the last four years, his teams play attractive football and he played in the Prem for Arsenal (as well as playing for Barcelona and Rangers) so knows the British game well. ...........................................
    The problem is that we don't have the players to play attractive football. The only player capable of that is Camarasa and he is on loan and won't be with us next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    The problem is that we don't have the players to play attractive football. The only player capable of that is Camarasa and he is on loan and won't be with us next season.
    If we stay up, we will have another £100m+ in the bank next season, Camarasa would most likely stay and we would have more funds to sign more better quality players. I dont agree that we dont have any other players capable of playing 'attractive' football either, whatever that is. Winning football would be a better description. You cant change a whole team and way of playing overnight. Our problem this season is that we came up more quickly than planned and didnt have a solid financial base to build on. If we had spent any more than we did, in the financial position we were in, it would have been suicidal. At least if we do go down, we will have at least £50m surplus from this year plus a guaranteed parachute payment of around £55m next season, to enable us have a good rebuild and another go at promotion.

If we stay up, we will have another £100m+ in the bank next season, Camarasa would most likely stay and we would have more funds to sign more better quality players. I dont agree that we dont have any other players capable of playing 'attractive' football either, whatever that is. Winning football would be a better description. You cant change a whole team and way of playing overnight. Our problem this season is that we came up more quickly than planned and didnt have a solid financial base to build on. If we had spent any more than we did, in the financial position we were in, it would have been suicidal. At least if we do go down, we will have at least £50m surplus from this year plus a guaranteed parachute payment of around £55m next season, to enable us have a good rebuild and another go at promotion.
    My concern is more about the long term future of the club as much of a hero Neil is he’s only ever going to be a short term fix and my personal opinion is for him to step away next season now it could be a good idea to have him as a consultant at board room level just to give them that little bit of football knowledge that we desperately need, good shout on van bronckhorst but I think he has his eye on the Barca job

It's not as simple as that, we made a loss of £39 million last time we were in that league, so if we do similarly with a load of players on premier league contracts that's most of the £55 million gone already