+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Jokanovic

Re: Jokanovic

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    If Warnock was to go and we stayed in the Premier League then someone like Giovanni Van Bronckhorst would be good. He has had experience and success (won cup and league) as a manager at Feyenoord over the last four years, his teams play attractive football

I dont agree that we dont have any other players capable of playing 'attractive' football either, whatever that is. Winning football would be a better description. You cant change a whole team and way of playing overnight.
    Hmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    It's not as simple as that, we made a loss of £39 million last time we were in that league, so if we do similarly with a load of players on premier league contracts that's most of the £55 million gone already
    There will most likely be relegation clauses in the players contracts but the most expensive loanees (Camarasa and Arter) will leave anyway. If we do go down, our income, with the surplus from this season and parachute payment, will be at least the same as it was this season (£100m+) enabling us to hang on to our best players and compete to buy better ones. I have always viewed this season as a bonus season to enable us to build funds, get better players and next time we go up, be in a position to have a much improved chance of staying there. The fact that we are still in contention to stay up at all this season is a miracle really. Thats why I am enjoying the ride/experience in the Prem now.

There will most likely be relegation clauses in the players contracts but the most expensive loanees (Camarasa and Arter) will leave anyway. If we do go down, our income, with the surplus from this season and parachute payment, will be at least the same as it was this season (£100m+) enabling us to hang on to our best players and compete to buy better ones. I have always viewed this season as a bonus season to enable us to build funds, get better players and next time we go up, be in a position to have a much improved chance of staying there. The fact that we are still in contention to stay up at all this season is a miracle really. Thats why I am enjoying the ride/experience in the Prem now.
    I agree that this season as always one to enjoy the ride and not worry too much, but I very much doubt we will have £100 million to splash around next season

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I agree that this season as always one to enjoy the ride and not worry too much, but I very much doubt we will have £100 million to splash around next season
    Agree we wouldnt spend all of it but lets say we spend £40-£45m on three or four players, that would get us some good quality Championship players and still leave money to run the club and pay off debts. Similar to what Burnley and Watford have done in the last ten years.

Agree we wouldnt spend all of it but lets say we spend £40-£45m on three or four players, that would get us some good quality Championship players and still leave money to run the club and pay off debts. Similar to what Burnley and Watford have done in the last ten years.
    There is no way we will spend £40-45 m in the summer if we go down.
    I have little faith that we will have put many relegation clauses into the players contracts, and I don't think there will have been a big windfall from this season- as any excess should surely have been used to help cover the £38 million we lost last year.
    I think it'll be a similar story to last time, a couple of barren years while we clear out the dead wood before we can build again